Home Remedy For My Dog: Update - RIP Chloe

Gugny

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Do we even know what ever became of the dog with the misfortune to live with @Gugny? I hope the poor thing has healed up, man’s best friend is nothing to take for granted! But a trophy for first in class in doggy Braille would certainly go proudly on our mantle! 

She's sitting next to me as I write this.  Sitting uncomfortably, due to something being wrong with her hip, leg or foot.  I can't tell.  But there's a special on Mets tickets for a game in April, so she's gonna have to wait.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

She's sitting next to me as I write this.  Sitting uncomfortably, due to something being wrong with her hip, leg or foot.  I can't tell.  But there's a special on Mets tickets for a game in April, so she's gonna have to wait.

Glad she’s still with you! (I hope she’s glad too.) I bet she understands, the Mets are a lock to win it all this year and you should get in when you can. Dogs are smarter than us in many ways.....or at least....some of us.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Back in May 2018, Chloe had a growth on her lower stomach.  It grew very quickly to the size of a baseball.  I had it removed and tested.  It was cancerous.  Fast forward to last week.  Another growth.  Lower, near her groin.  I brought her in this past Wednesday, Feb. 20th.  Cancer and much more aggressive and it's on one of her lymph nodes.

She turned 10 on July 22, 2018.  I'm not putting her through surgery or chemo.  We're doing steroids and Benadryl to try to slow it down and have more quality time with her.

This thread started out as a harmless joke.  I like to kid, as most of you know.

Now it's serious.  I cry as I write this.  I know, from being here for going on 10 years, that many of us love our pets.  They are family.  

The prognosis is weeks to months.  My son was 5 years old when we got Chloe.  He's 15 now.  The only thing that hurts more than know that my days with Chloe are numbered is knowing that I'll have to see my son more hurt than he's ever been in his short life.

Cuddle your pets.  Kiss them.  Love them.  Spoil them.

Peace.

- Gug

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 4

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Update:  Back in May 2018, Chloe had a growth on her lower stomach.  It grew very quickly to the size of a baseball.  I had it removed and tested.  It was cancerous.  Fast forward to last week.  Another growth.  Lower, near her groin.  I brought her in this past Wednesday, Feb. 20th.  Cancer and much more aggressive and it's on one of her lymph nodes.

She turned 10 on July 22, 2018.  I'm not putting her through surgery or chemo.  We're doing steroids and Benadryl to try to slow it down and have more quality time with her.

This thread started out as a harmless joke.  I like to kid, as most of you know.

Now it's serious.  I cry as I write this.  I know, from being here for going on 10 years, that many of us love our pets.  They are family.  

The prognosis is weeks to months.  My son was 5 years old when we got Chloe.  He's 15 now.  The only thing that hurts more than know that my days with Chloe are numbered is knowing that I'll have to see my son more hurt than he's ever been in his short life.

Peace.

- Gug

I lost my beagle to cancer two years ago. She was my best friend and I cherished every last day with her

God bless you and your family Gug

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Peace.

- Gug

Lots of hugs for Chloe and maybe an extra "Good Girl" or 1,000,000 for her too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So sorry to hear about your dog. Lost my schnauzer to cancer a year and a half ago. She was 15. I keep thinking about that line from the song Mr. Bojangles.... after 20 years he still grieved.  

It’s not practical for my wife and I to get another dog right now.  Too much travel and other responsibilities. There are five dogs in our life among my kids and other relatives.  But in the evenings when it’s quiet in the house, I miss her. Maybe in a few years things will calm down and we’ll get another dog. I hope so.  

And one of the first things we did after the dog passed was to get another mattress.  And I was shocked at the cost. Of course, my wife had to have the most expensive one in the store.  

48 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

So sorry to hear about your dog. Lost my schnauzer to cancer a year and a half ago. She was 15. I keep thinking about that line from the song Mr. Bojangles.... after 20 years he still grieved.  

It’s not practical for my wife and I to get another dog right now.  Too much travel and other responsibilities. There are five dogs in our life among my kids and other relatives.  But in the evenings when it’s quiet in the house, I miss her. Maybe in a few years things will calm down and we’ll get another dog. I hope so.  

And one of the first things we did after the dog passed was to get another mattress.  And I was shocked at the cost. Of course, my wife had to have the most expensive one in the store.  

I'm sorry about your schnauzer.  15 is a great run.  Yeah, Chloe is my first, and will be my last, dog.  Lots have changed since we got her.  Then, I was married and my commute to work was 10 minutes.  Now I'm a single dad with an hour (one way) commute.  I've been lucky with how well Chloe has adjusted (and for having a very responsible son).  But travel is a "b" for both work and pleasure and it wouldn't be fair to bring another dog into this situation.

I am not spending a lot on a mattress.  Going looking around today.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry about your schnauzer.  15 is a great run.  Yeah, Chloe is my first, and will be my last, dog.  Lots have changed since we got her.  Then, I was married and my commute to work was 10 minutes.  Now I'm a single dad with an hour (one way) commute.  I've been lucky with how well Chloe has adjusted (and for having a very responsible son).  But travel is a "b" for both work and pleasure and it wouldn't be fair to bring another dog into this situation.

I am not spending a lot on a mattress.  Going looking around today.

I went from a ten minute (2 mile) commute to a one hour (50 mile) commute twenty years ago. Since the kids have moved out and my wife tends to put in long hours at her job, it wouldn’t be fair for a dog to be home alone all day.   My father in law used to stop in and visit my dog, but he’s too old for that now.  

I hope you won’t be stuck with that long commute forever. I’ll be retiring soon, at age 62.   I like the work and I like my coworkers, but that commute has worn me down.  Especially in the winter.  High blood pressure, deteriorating night vision, and lack of spare time are also contributing to my decision to retire. Sometimes I was able to carpool, but that added complexity and inconvenience that eventually outweighed the advantages.

14 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I went from a ten minute (2 mile) commute to a one hour (50 mile) commute twenty years ago. Since the kids have moved out and my wife tends to put in long hours at her job, it wouldn’t be fair for a dog to be home alone all day.   My father in law used to stop in and visit my dog, but he’s too old for that now.  

I hope you won’t be stuck with that long commute forever. I’ll be retiring soon, at age 62.   I like the work and I like my coworkers, but that commute has worn me down.  Especially in the winter.  High blood pressure, deteriorating night vision, and lack of spare time are also contributing to my decision to retire. Sometimes I was able to carpool, but that added complexity and inconvenience that eventually outweighed the advantages.

Yeah, the commute will last until my son is independent, I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I actually need a new mattress.  Why the hell are those things so expensive?

I am so sorry for your pain.

Now if you take that question to the "Stump EiL" Thread... I will take my best swing at answering it.  This is not the time and place.

Again, so sorry... All the hugs and prayers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What is the worst take of all time for 1200 Alex ? 

We were @ the mall yesterday (really?  Do people actually go to the mall anymore?  Apparently so!) and saw this... I flashed to my Good Pal Teddy!

Such FakeNews©! Pure propaganda... More like "steal your throats after your crackhead neighbor didn't repair the fence"...

...J/K... Enjoy.  LoL...

20190222_172835.jpg

I’m on my 6th Golden Retriever, and the first 5 all developed some type of cancerous growth that did them in. One thing I noticed and admired about them is they never seemed to feel sorry for themselves. A three legged dog loves to go for a walk. I might need to take this to the other thread for @ExiledInIllinois to answer, but are we the only creatures aware of our mortality? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.