Home Remedy For My Dog: Update - RIP Chloe

Gugny

My dog, for the past month or so, has had trouble with her eyes. Very squinty, as if there's something in them.

She's been getting around fine and eats/drinks/pees/poops regularly, so I'm not really that worried.

But I think it would've gotten better by now.

This couldn't have happened at a worse time, as I've already got a 3-night trip to NYC scheduled later this summer and I'm also saving up to buy a couple kayaks and some hiking gear.

So, right now, I really can't afford to be taking her to the vet.

Just wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar and may have some home remedies. I've tried Benadryl, but it hasn't worked. Even something to get her through to mid-September, where my expenditures settle down a little would be good.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Gugny

My dog, for the past month or so, has had trouble with her eyes. Very squinty, as if there's something in them.

She's been getting around fine and eats/drinks/pees/poops regularly, so I'm not really that worried.

This couldn't have happened at a worse time, as I've already got a 3-night trip to NYC scheduled later this summer and I'm also saving up to buy a couple kayaks and some hiking gear.

Just wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar and may have some home remedies. I've tried Benadryl, but it hasn't worked. Even something to get her through to mid-September, where my expenditures settle down a little would be good.

Why don't you get her some dark glasses, a cane & tin cup. Hopefully she can collect the money she so obviously needs for surgery.

Way to have your priorities set scumbag.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Find a zero percent interest credit card, open up an account and put the vet bill on that. Then in two months (Sept. when you're expenditures settle down) you can start paying it back. Even if you can't find a zero percent card, the interest is probably well worth helping your dog.

• Like (+1) 1

yeah you can f*ckstick. stop being s selfish f*ck and take your damn dog to the vet

So after reading your responses, I decided to call Pet Smart.

They said that the Benadryl was okay. When I got home today, there was some greenish discharge. I called Pet Smart back and they told me to give her some Mucinex, too.

Hopefully, that does the trick.

I can't believe some of you think I'm being selfish. It's not like she's dying. She has a cold. It's already been a couple months, so what is another month going to do, seriously, as long as she's acting okay.

I love this dog more than you can imagine.

So after reading your responses, I decided to call Pet Smart.

They said that the Benadryl was okay. When I got home today, there was some greenish discharge. I called Pet Smart back and they told me to give her some Mucinex, too.

Hopefully, that does the trick.

I can't believe some of you think I'm being selfish. It's not like she's dying. She has a cold. It's already been a couple months, so what is another month going to do, seriously, as long as she's acting okay.

I love this dog more than you can imagine.

Did you try a little Vicks Vaporub on her chest, and a few dabs under her nose?

A cat that we took in had conjunctavitis. She had some of the same symptoms you mentioned, struggling to open her eyes, etc. FWIW she had some discharge but it looked nothing like when I had it. (The cats eyelids never got stuck shut, it just looked like eye boogers)

Just a thought.

A cat that we took in had conjunctavitis. She had some of the same symptoms you mentioned, struggling to open her eyes, etc. FWIW she had some discharge but it looked nothing like when I had it. (The cats eyelids never got stuck shut, it just looked like eye boogers)

Just a thought.

I've got some leftover amoxicillin. I wonder if that'll clear up any possible infection.

I've got some leftover amoxicillin. I wonder if that'll clear up any possible infection.

Also, Tussin. Got any Tussin? If you have a bottle with only a little left in the bottom...put some water in and shake around...more Tussin!!

Could be time to give it to one of the members above that are willing to spend some money on her.

I don't know, Mead. Some of them sound like they have anger issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.