Home Remedy For My Dog: Update - RIP Chloe

Gugny

I'm sorry, pal. Take heart that you did everything you could for her and that you made the right choice at the right time for her. It's one of the hardest things to do because it requires us not to be selfish in the slightest.

When we said goodbye to our Buster, I've never experienced grief like it. I cried so hard that I nearly collapsed. It takes time to get over it but you will adapt to the new normal eventually. I still have him as my screensaver so I see him every day. It's a picture from before he was ill on a family holiday so it helps to remember the good times.

We kept his collar but donated whatever was useable to the local vet because I really didn't think that I could handle having that many reminders of him around the house. You'll find your own ways to deal with this and it will get easier.

21 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm sorry, pal. Take heart that you did everything you could for her and that you made the right choice at the right time for her. It's one of the hardest things to do because it requires us not to be selfish in the slightest.

When we said goodbye to our Buster, I've never experienced grief like it. I cried so hard that I nearly collapsed. It takes time to get over it but you will adapt to the new normal eventually. I still have him as my screensaver so I see him every day. It's a picture from before he was ill on a family holiday so it helps to remember the good times.

We kept his collar but donated whatever was useable to the local vet because I really didn't think that I could handle having that many reminders of him around the house. You'll find your own ways to deal with this and it will get easier.

Thanks, Blokes.  Chloe has a basket in the living room.  Her wubba (the toy in the picture), bone and tennis ball are in there.  She hadn't used any of those things for quite a while.  I put her collar and leash in the basket.  It will stay there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Buddy came into my life 8 years ago, my first dog at 55 when someone else couldn't take care of him

This morning he is at the vet getting a fast growing mass removed.  I'm praying for the best

Best of luck to you and Buddy.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:27 PM, MarkyMannn said:

Buddy came into my life 8 years ago, my first dog at 55 when someone else couldn't take care of him

This morning he is at the vet getting a fast growing mass removed.  I'm praying for the best

Good luck. Dogs seem to get cancer so easily.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, Gugny said:

Thank you all, so much, for your kind and comforting words.  Waking up to a new routine this morning was difficult, but knowing Chloe is no longer uncomfortable does make me happy.  Here's a nice pic of my girl.  She was special.

chloe.jpg

That is the right attitude to take knowing they are no longer in pain

they are at the rainbow bridge waiting for us

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Picked up Chloe's ashes today.  Hit me pretty hard.  Very unexpected.  The girl behind the counter said, "Chloe was a great dog."  That pretty much did me in.  It's been almost two weeks and a day hasn't gone by where I haven't shed a few tears.

Shopping for an appropriate urn.

She's atop the fireplace, next to the Willow Tree "Angel of Friendship," figurine that a TBD user (who shall remain anonymous, at his request) and his wife sent me.

This is, indeed, one hell of a community.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Picked up Chloe's ashes today.  Hit me pretty hard.  Very unexpected.  The girl behind the counter said, "Chloe was a great dog."  That pretty much did me in.  It's been almost two weeks and a day hasn't gone by where I haven't shed a few tears.

Shopping for an appropriate urn.

She's atop the fireplace, next to the Willow Tree "Angel of Friendship," figurine that a TBD user (who shall remain anonymous, at his request) and his wife sent me.

This is, indeed, one hell of a community.

Sad....but awesome!  Even people who are at are home on a regular basis don’t realize it until we mention it, but it’s my wife’s “thing”. Has been for years. We have at least one angel in every room......and those are just the ones you can see and touch. 

PS - It’s not as tacky as it sounds!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sad....but awesome!  Even people who are at are home on a regular basis don’t realize it until we mention it, but it’s my wife’s “thing”. Has been for years. We have at least one angel in every room......and those are just the ones you can see and touch. 

If there was a "heart" option, I would have chosen it.

I'll tell you what really cheered me up .... going to the original post of this thread and reading the responses.  A lot of people (sorry ... including you, LOL) took the bait.  Some good stuff to read in the first two pages.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If there was a "heart" option, I would have chosen it.

I'll tell you what really cheered me up .... going to the original post of this thread and reading the responses.  A lot of people (sorry ... including you, LOL) took the bait.  Some good stuff to read in the first two pages.

Go get your stinkin’ kayak, or hula hoop or whatever it was! Cheer you up, and maybe you’ll flip over or throw your back out. That would cheer ME up! This stuff makes me weepy, so you owe me!

Actually, Mrs Augie currently on the phone with a close friend who will be joining us on cruise to Spain and Portugal at the end of the month. It came on fast, and was unforeseen, but her mom just passed. Still taking the trip, but puts a different light on it today. But this is the way it works. None of us are supposed to get out of here alive. What matters is how you live it. Bumper sticker wisdom: We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, eball said:

God forbid you put some personal purchases on hold to help care for a family member.

On 7/17/2017 at 2:59 PM, Runninrams said:

yeah you can f*ckstick. stop being s selfish f*ck and take your damn dog to the vet

You guys are right.  I'm taking her in a couple weeks.

22 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is this thread NOT locked and archived after almost 2 years.   Gug must have some real pull with house management! 

Free my: "Life on the Locks" thread... I have some valuable info to add. 😆🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.