Home Remedy For My Dog: Update - RIP Chloe

Gugny

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Most of you knew that this thread was a joke at its creation.

In May of last year, I had a cancerous growth removed from Chloe's side, near her underside.  It was close enough to the surface to remove it without being too invasive.

It came back about six months ago.  With a vengeance.  This time, much more deeply rooted, near her groin area, where lymph nodes are.

Since she was 10 at the time, I decided to not have surgery.  It would have been very invasive and the likelihood that they'd get it all would be slim.

We put her on a daily regimen of Benadryl (a wonder drug for dogs, it seems) and Prednisone.   This kept the tumor at bay for a while.

Over the last few months, the tumor grew.  A lot.  I was going to have her put down about 5-6 weeks ago, but the doctor said we could try some different medicines, then go back to the Benadryl/Prednisone.  I agreed to it.

I got another great handful of weeks with my girl.

This past Friday, she stopped eating and drinking.  Her leg on the side of the tumor began to swell yesterday.  She was no longer moving about.  She told me it was time.

Today was her birthday.  She turned 11.  And today, we also said goodbye to my dear Chloe Belle.

She was a trooper.  She hung in there until the end.  She gave us 11 years of happiness and I love and miss her so ***** much.

As she fell into her eternal sleep, she looked into my eyes as I told her how much I loved her and to "go seepies." 

Then She Did.

RIP, baby.  Daddy loves you.

So sorry to hear this. You’re a good dog papa. Knowing when is the right time is such a difficult thing. Putting aside selfish desires for just more time when your pup is suffering is such an incredibly difficult thing. You did right by her, treating her and giving her good quality of life until that was no longer possible. You’ll see her on the other side. Heaven isn’t heaven without dogs. 

19 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

So sorry.  We have had cats and dogs here and it is never easy when something such as what you had happen comes along.  For the moment we are at one cat and she was very sick last week.  Could not hold anything down for over a day and a half.  Then she rebounded and we were grateful.  She throws fits if we try to take her to the vet and during the worst of it we thought the trip might do more harm than good if she went there.  

19 hours ago, /dev/null said:

:cry:

They do leave paw prints on our hearts

19 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am so sorry for your loss, @Gugny  ?

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

We lost both of our previous dogs to cancer.  I empathize with you.

Current dog is doing well having her third birthday (adoption papers from animal shelter had her birthrate on it) and because she cannot seem to get out of rain (or stands in rain waiting for us) my wife had a gazebo purchased and basically put it together herself (I was working).  Now she has ordered a dog door for her. She certainly will have a spoiled life even if it is shorter than human lifespan.

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I think my Golden turns 10 tomorrow. She’s my 6th Golden, and they have lasted anywhere from 8-13 years. Cancer every time.  I pray that she beats the record. Man’s best friend indeed. Helped us through so much. 

If you’re not a dog lover, you don’t get it. God bless. 

18 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Sorry to hear bro. Tough thing to have to deal with. Wish you well.

18 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

RIP Chloe. You were a good gal. 

17 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

RIP you good Doggo!

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry to hear... RIP.  We just had to put a cat down in May. Always hard to lose one...

17 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Man I wish you the best. I lost my 16 year old lab March 30th. Your post brings me back to that day. It's so hard.

Take care. 

16 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm sorry,Gug.you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

peace to you and your son.

RIP Chloe

14 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Sorry for the loss of your puppy.  

She will be missed.  To me, that’s just about the best thing anybody can say when somebody passes. 

13 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

RIP

My heartfelt condolences to you and little Gug.

I too will miss her because I loved hearing all your stories about her.❤️?

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So sorry Gugs....

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sorry bout Chloe, gugs ☹️

5 hours ago, teef said:

it's always just so hard.  the dog had a good life, so you can be happy as an owner.  

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So sorry to hear this. You’re a good dog papa. Knowing when is the right time is such a difficult thing. Putting aside selfish desires for just more time when your pup is suffering is such an incredibly difficult thing. You did right by her, treating her and giving her good quality of life until that was no longer possible. You’ll see her on the other side. Heaven isn’t heaven without dogs. 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry for your loss man. it's tough losing a pet

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

So sorry to hear this. I went through something similar with my malamute and it’s terrible. 

My condolences. 

Thank you all, so much, for your kind and comforting words.  Waking up to a new routine this morning was difficult, but knowing Chloe is no longer uncomfortable does make me happy.  Here's a nice pic of my girl.  She was special.

chloe.jpg

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thank you all, so much, for your kind and comforting words.  Waking up to a new routine this morning was difficult, but knowing Chloe is no longer uncomfortable does make me happy.  Here's a nice pic of my girl.  She was special.

chloe.jpg

It’s a strange an empty feeling to walk in the house and know they are not there. Hard to describe, but it’s lonely and quiet, even if my girl is usually sleeping in my wife’s closet and I don’t see her for a while, you still know she’s there. It’s even weird for me to walk into an empty house if I just dropped her at the groomers!

Time heals....

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a strange an empty feeling to walk in the house and know they are not there. Hard to describe, but it’s lonely and quiet, even if my girl is usually sleeping in my wife’s closet and I don’t see her for a while, you still know she’s there. It’s even weird for me to walk into an empty house if I just dropped her at the groomers!

Time heals....

there really is a different vibe when the pets aren't there.  this ***** is tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

there really is a different vibe when the pets aren't there.  this ***** is tough.

Yeah, I don’t have to see her or hear her, but I can feel her. There is a real void when she’s not here. Hard to describe. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a responsible owner who knows when it's time. Good for you

This is so true, and I’ll take it a step further....replacing “owner” with “friend”. 

My wife just texted and today is actually our Golden’s 10th birthday. She gets extra walks and her favorite thing on earth for dessert tonight.... Pill Pockets! Happy dog!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

chloe.jpg

What a great picture. It's tough when someone so close to you isn't there anymore. I thankfully moved out years before my girls time came. She was 16, I'm 28 so she was with me through a lot. I work like 5 minutes from my moms where she lived. My mom bought the house and then we got the dog. I couldn't go over there for weeks when no one was there because the silence and being alone was so weird.

I know my mom dealt with what you're dealing with everyday. My deepest sympathies, hope you're doing ok even though it's tough 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.