Home Remedy For My Dog: Update - RIP Chloe

Gugny

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We were @ the mall yesterday (really?  Do people actually go to the mall anymore?  Apparently so!) and saw this... I flashed to my Good Pal Teddy!

Such FakeNews©! Pure propaganda... More like "steal your throats after your crackhead neighbor didn't repair the fence"...

...J/K... Enjoy.  LoL...

20190222_172835.jpg

Keep working hard and you’ll be able to move next to to nicer neighbors. 

All of the dogs are saints.   Some of the owners might be worthless ??‍♂️

Its a shame that they don’t live 3x longer 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Keep working hard and you’ll be able to move next to to nicer neighbors. 

All of the dogs are saints.   Some of the owners might be worthless ??‍♂️

Its a shame that they don’t live 3x longer 

My neighbor's dog is a pit mix.  I got his key.  When he's not home, I go over and feed her.

I got great neighbor's.  Both sides of me.  We have each other's keys to keep an eye on things when we aren't home.  They watch our cats when we travel.

It's the derelict owners that are a problem.

48 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This thread remains me a movie scene....

https://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/man-on-the-moon/i-have-cancer

Well, I can’t thank you enough for stepping up and lightening the mood! 

We do have certain posters who are equally uplifting, but they lack your timing. They are more blah, blah, blah, on and on, over and over. Way to pick a spot! I think you nailed it! 

?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, I can’t thank you enough for stepping up and lightening the mood! 

We do have certain posters who are equally uplifting, but they lack your timing. They are more blah, blah, blah, on and on, over and over. Way to pick a spot! I think you nailed it! 

?

:flirt:

Most of you knew that this thread was a joke at its creation.

In May of last year, I had a cancerous growth removed from Chloe's side, near her underside.  It was close enough to the surface to remove it without being too invasive.

It came back about six months ago.  With a vengeance.  This time, much more deeply rooted, near her groin area, where lymph nodes are.

Since she was 10 at the time, I decided to not have surgery.  It would have been very invasive and the likelihood that they'd get it all would be slim.

We put her on a daily regimen of Benadryl (a wonder drug for dogs, it seems) and Prednisone.   This kept the tumor at bay for a while.

Over the last few months, the tumor grew.  A lot.  I was going to have her put down about 5-6 weeks ago, but the doctor said we could try some different medicines, then go back to the Benadryl/Prednisone.  I agreed to it.

I got another great handful of weeks with my girl.

This past Friday, she stopped eating and drinking.  Her leg on the side of the tumor began to swell yesterday.  She was no longer moving about.  She told me it was time.

Today was her birthday.  She turned 11.  And today, we also said goodbye to my dear Chloe Belle.

She was a trooper.  She hung in there until the end.  She gave us 11 years of happiness and I love and miss her so ***** much.

As she fell into her eternal sleep, she looked into my eyes as I told her how much I loved her and to "go seepies." 

Then She Did.

RIP, baby.  Daddy loves you.

• Sad 16

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In May of last year, I had a cancerous growth removed from Chloe's side, near her underside.  It was close enough to the surface to remove it without being too invasive.

It came back about six months ago.  With a vengeance.  This time, much more deeply rooted, near her groin area, where lymph nodes are.

Since she was 10 at the time, I decided to not have surgery.  It would have been very invasive and the likelihood that they'd get it all would be slim.

We put her on a daily regimen of Benadryl (a wonder drug for dogs, it seems) and Prednisone.   This kept the tumor at bay for a while.

Over the last few months, the tumor grew.  A lot.  I was going to have her put down about 5-6 weeks ago, but the doctor said we could try some different medicines, then go back to the Benadryl/Prednisone.  I agreed to it.

This past Friday, she stopped eating and drinking.  Her leg on the side of the tumor began to swell yesterday.  She was no longer moving about.  She told me it was time.

Today was her birthday.  She turned 11.  And today, we also said goodbye to my dear Chloe Belle.

She was a trooper.  She hung in there until the end.  She gave us 11 years of happiness and I love and miss her so ***** much.

As she fell into her eternal sleep, she looked into my eyes as I told her how much I loved her and to "go seepies." 

Then She Did.

So sorry.  We have had cats and dogs here and it is never easy when something such as what you had happen comes along.  For the moment we are at one cat and she was very sick last week.  Could not hold anything down for over a day and a half.  Then she rebounded and we were grateful.  She throws fits if we try to take her to the vet and during the worst of it we thought the trip might do more harm than good if she went there.  

We lost both of our previous dogs to cancer.  I empathize with you.

Current dog is doing well having her third birthday (adoption papers from animal shelter had her birthrate on it) and because she cannot seem to get out of rain (or stands in rain waiting for us) my wife had a gazebo purchased and basically put it together herself (I was working).  Now she has ordered a dog door for her. She certainly will have a spoiled life even if it is shorter than human lifespan.

I think my Golden turns 10 tomorrow. She’s my 6th Golden, and they have lasted anywhere from 8-13 years. Cancer every time.  I pray that she beats the record. Man’s best friend indeed. Helped us through so much. 

If you’re not a dog lover, you don’t get it. God bless. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Then She Did.

Sorry to hear bro. Tough thing to have to deal with. Wish you well.

When we had to tell my teenage son our last dog had passed, he said “I wish I’d played with her more”. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that important life lesson. Appreciate your pets......and hug your family members. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

RIP Chloe. 

I’ve oddly been thinking of names for if and when we get a new dog. Chloe is high on the list. 

(I like Maggie too, but that is my late MIL’s name, so I’m guessing that is off the list.) 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Then She Did.

Man I wish you the best. I lost my 16 year old lab March 30th. Your post brings me back to that day. It's so hard.

Take care. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.