Panthers Fire GM Dave Gettleman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things:

- Beane got in the life boat on the Titanic instead of playing as the ship was going down. He's basically Kool & the Gang from Steve Harvey's set in Original Kings of Comesy. That's a good decision.

- Secondly someone wondered if he'd go back to Carolina because he lived in the South his whole life. North Carolina isn't the south it's the Mid-Atlantic at best. Here's a quick guide to determining, "is that the South?" If the state university plays in the SEC it's a yes with a couple of exceptions. Kentucky is too far north, Missouri is too far mid-west and Florida is its own little world. Texas functions like Florida. That leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana as "the south."

That is a lot of math for my yankee mind to comprehend! 😛

He must have been quite a challenging personality to work with, because I don't think his draft, free agency and cap management warrant this.

A lot of it has to do with him drawing hard lines in contract negeotions with players the owner wants to retain.

There is talk here about there being blowback in the locker room for the way he handled the release of some good or well liked players

The Steve Smith release could have been handled better( though I liked it)

The release of Josh Norman also was handled weirdly, and was a disaster for the team. Then he cut Bene Benwikere and last years D backfield was brutal.

The o line hasn't gotten the attention it needed and Cam was running for his life last year.

Couple this with the fact that Jerry Richardson is a strange cat who likes to be boss and is a " Southern" guy dealing with a yankee who probably told JR what he really thought w/o sugar coating it.

This is a shock but understandable

Does this mean WGR will no longer slobber over the Panthers as some kind of model franchise?

You mean the kind of franchise that has MVPs, Players of the Year, Rookies of the Year and goes to the playoffs, including a super bowl?

Who wants to emulate THAT?!!?

That is a lot of math for my yankee mind to comprehend! 😛

Just focus on the last sentence. Those 7 states are the whole list. If anyone tells you differently they are lying. Associating NC with the South is like associating Buffalo with NYC. They can put whatever discriminatory laws they want in place but they are still a far cry from the general disdain for those who are different that those other states share.

A lot of it has to do with him drawing hard lines in contract negeotions with players the owner wants to retain.

They've retained their key players, that's what is important.

Yes, they let Norman walk, but you do have to keep in mind that he was a one year wonder and was going for the #1 CB contract in football.

They sign him, they can't give out the contracts to Matt Kalil and Kawann Short this year.

I want to publicly say @Panthers is off my list of teams I won't play for due to the firing of that snake Dave gettleman! 1f60e.png1f60e.png1f44c-1f3fd.png270a-1f3fd.png

Another non-sense post from a NFL player.

So you think it matters who you do not want to, or do want to, play for? No one is lining up to bid for your services. Take what you can get or retire already.

You mean the kind of franchise that has MVPs, Players of the Year, Rookies of the Year and goes to the playoffs, including a super bowl?

Who wants to emulate THAT?!!?

They have been up and down for years. never had two winning seasons in a row. Have always chuckled at the reverence they get- Their rookies of the year cam from drafting really - because they sucked the year before- not through shrewd drafting.

This is the same team Buffalo beat and the fan base was screaming for Rivera's head-

Edited by racecitybills

Here are his 1st round picks starting in 2013: Star Lotulelei, Kelvin Benjamin, Shaq Thompson, Vernon Butler, McCaffrey. Outside of Benjamin, the other 1st rounders have been busts. Ok, bust is harsh, to make a point but outside of Kelvin, others have been underwhelming.

The current superbowl roster wasn't drafted by Gettleman and his men.

I think that's an ISSUE wouldn't you say?

And what does that say about Beane? geez. Now I think we got a lemon here.

Here are his 1st round picks starting in 2013: Star Lotulelei, Kelvin Benjamin, Shaq Thompson, Vernon Butler, McCaffrey. Outside of Benjamin, the other 1st rounders have been busts.

I guess we see what we want to see...

I see starter - starter - starter - rotational player behind Star and Shortt - TBD...

Here are his 1st round picks starting in 2013: Star Lotulelei, Kelvin Benjamin, Shaq Thompson, Vernon Butler, McCaffrey. Outside of Benjamin, the other 1st rounders have been busts. Ok, bust is harsh, to make a point but outside of Kelvin, others have been underwhelming.

The current superbowl roster wasn't drafted by Gettleman and his men.

I think that's an ISSUE wouldn't you say?

And what does that say about Beane? geez. Now I think we got a lemon here.

you always take it to the next, awful level.