Let's get ready... 2017 BOLD predictions

Okay folks, we are 2 weeks out from camp.... time to get BOLD. At least one league wide bold prediction and at least one that pertains specifically to the Buffalo Bills.

I have more than one of each so to get the ball rolling and make sure there is some fodder to throw back at me in January here goes....

NFL Bold Predictions

1. The Denver Broncos end up with one of the worst 5 records in the NFL and a top 5 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

2. The NFC South provides BOTH NFC playoff wildcards.... leaving the Green Bay Packers who finish 2nd in the North on the outside looking in and results in no small part in.....

3. Two of the NFL's longest tenured coaches - Marvin Lewis and Mike McCarthy leaving their jobs by the end of January 2018.

4. By week 10 all 3 Quarterbacks drafted in the 1st round of the 2017 NFL Draft are starting for their respective teams.

Buffalo Bills Bold Predictions

1. Marcel Dareus posts double digit sacks.

2. Tyrod Taylor throws as many interceptions in 2017 as he did in 2015 and 2016 combined (which would be 12).

3. Micah Hyde has a 6 interception season and goes to the Pro-Bowl.

4. The Bills trade Sammy Watkins before the trade deadline for a 2nd and a 4th round pick in the 2018 Draft.

Flame away and add your own.

NFL:

1st round exit for NE

The Bucs go 11-5 and make the playoffs

Phillip Rivers wins ComeBack Player of the Year for the second time in his career, leading the Chargers to 10-6 and a WC spot

Alex Smith is benched by Week 8 after a 2-6 start.

Watson wins OROY.

Bills:

Darby makes his 1st ProBowl after leading the team in INT's

Tyrod goes another year on the bench for our final game

McCoy's last year as a Bill

Philly Brown ends up our most productive WR on the team

I went for big air.

Edited by jmc12290

NFL Bold Predictions

1. The Denver Broncos end up with one of the worst 5 records in the NFL and a top 5 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

2. The NFC South provides BOTH NFC playoff wildcards.... leaving the Green Bay Packers who finish 2nd in the North on the outside looking in and results in no small part in.....

3. Two of the NFL's longest tenured coaches - Marvin Lewis and Mike McCarthy leaving their jobs by the end of January 2018.

4. By week 10 all 3 Quarterbacks drafted in the 1st round of the 2017 NFL Draft are starting for their respective teams.

Who wins the NFC North this year? I get that it's a "bold prediction," just wondering in your scenario.

Edited by Big C

Who wins the NFC North this year?

It's a fair question... and it is a bit of a shot in the dark as I think both Detroit and Minnesota will finish close to the Packers but I am going to say the Vikings. It is more a gut feeling about the Green Bay defense... I think they could look like the Saints where it is so bad the offense just can't overcome.

As you say it's a bold... but I could see the Packers at 9-7 and missing out on tiebreakers.

Edited by GunnerBill

It's a fair question... and it is a bit of a shot in the dark as I think both Detroit and Minnesota will finish close to the Packers but I am going to say the Vikings. It is more a gut feeling about the Green Bay defense... I think they could look like the Saints where it is so bad the offense just can't overcome.

You know that Arod finally ditched his evil princess right? I expect him to go bananas this year.

You know that Arod finally ditched his evil princess right? I expect him to go bananas this year.

Question about his weapons too. Cobb has regressed, who is running the ball? Can Adams be consistent? Only Jordy is a hang your hat on guy. The Packers are the most likely NFC North champs... that is why it is BOLD to say they miss out haha.

BOLD PREDICTIONS (IN BOLD, OF COURSE!)

NFL:

The Minnesota Vikings will have the best record in the NFC.

The San Diego Chargers will earn the #1 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.

The AFC South will only have one playoff representative- the Jacksonville Jaguars.

BILLS:

The Buffalo Bills will have a better record than the Kansas City Chiefs.

Zay Jones will have more receiving yards than Sammy Watkins.

Charles Clay will increase his receiving yards total to over 800 yards.

Edited by BmoreBills

Question about his weapons too. Cobb has regressed, who is running the ball? Can Adams be consistent? Only Jordy is a hang your hat on guy. The Packers are the most likely NFC North champs... that is why it is BOLD to say they miss out haha.

I like it! The NFL could use some new story lines. I can't see many of them coming from the AFC.

Sammy Watkins has a huge year

Ragland and Lawson both end up looking like Excellent Picks

by mid season Tre White passes Darby as the number 1 corner on the team

One of the vet guys nobody is really looking at ends up being a solid WR for us......like maybe Phili

Jonathan WIlliams makes us forget about Mike G.

• Haha (+1) 1

Sammy Watkins has a huge year

Ragland and Lawson both end up looking like Excellent Picks

by mid season Tre White passes Darby as the number 1 corner on the team

One of the vet guys nobody is really looking at ends up being a solid WR for us......like maybe Phili

Jonathan WIlliams makes us forget about Mike G.

John, we asked for bold predictions, not your last 5 posts!

I love this thread every year!!

- KC finishes .500 or worse

- Marvin Lewis finally is out in Cincinnati along with Chuck Pagano in Indy

- Watkins has 1,400 yards

- Shaq Lawson double digit sacks

- Bills running game finishes outside of the top 5

- Tyrod throws double digit INTs

- Tyrod throws 30 TDs

- Ryan Shazier DPOY

- Eli Manning throws for 5,000 yards

- Raiders win less than 10

- Jameis Winston throws the most TDs

- Giants vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl again

I love this thread every year!!

- Marvin Lewis finally is out in Cincinnati along with Chuck Pagano in Indy

- Eli Manning throws for 5,000 yards

- Giants vs. Patriots in the Super Bowl again

The first one is spot on.

The second and third ones? The Giants clearly are not good enough to go deep into the playoffs offensively.