@ LA (Chargers)

Heitz

I hope there is a tailgate. But I hope it is better organized (or perhaps less organized?) than last year's Rams game, in which we paid $$, and went through a security checkpoint for the privilege to stand in the single longest beer line I have ever encountered. It was organized by the Bills Backers club which meets at a spot in Santa Monica called Buzby's. Great bunch of people. Very comforting, as a transplanted Western NYer, to be around other Western NYers. But, if it's another $45 ticket for a gargantuan beer line, and food trucks, I'll likely pass. Hopefully, people take advantage of this thread and organizing something smaller, and more clandestine.

The game was a blast, though. About 20% Bills fans in attendance, but still drowned out the Rams fans. Bills players afterward tweeted that it felt like a home game.

I imagine that the Chargers game is going to get pretty expensive. Stubhub only holds 29,000 people, and is MUCH nicer than Olympic Stadium, and LA Chargers fans are already more established than Rams fans due to the proximity to San Diego. I think your best bet (if you don't already have a source for tickets) is to find someone with season tickets who only wants to recoup the cost of a game they are planning to miss. I was lucky to have a friend in that position. You can find such people on Stubhub-- but I'd start looking now.

I just locked in my time off for the game. I checked the local SoCal Bills Backers clubs and didn't see anything organized. I was at last years Rams game / tailgate. Totally forgot about that beer line. I got there early, grabbed a couple when there wasn't a line. Then gave up getting any more. Food trucks were a nice touch, esp the garbage plate truck. I too wish the Chargers hadn't moved. It would have been a lot nicer (fan wise). Hopefully we'll here of some plans soon (last year it was already in the works).

Yeah, I'll skip any big beer lines and will bring my own. :D:beer:

As for tickets, I've been checking StubHub (super appropriate) and looking like $100+ for EZ seats, $200 - $400 for anything on the side (even upper deckers). Going to start working my SoCal connects next...

• 2 weeks later...

Space is extremely limited in Carson with parking problematic. Every home game is sold out already due to the miniscule number of seats and traffic will be horrendous in the area. You'll have to forage for your own tickets and prices are high. I have heard no plans from Santa Monica but check the SD Bills Backers. Personally for me, it's just not worth the bother. Better to spend your dollars on a more accessible site. Stub Hub is a glorified high school stadium. And the Chargers suck for doing what they did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at Busby's in Santa Monica for the game this past weekend while in town. A guy who looked to be in charge made a couple of announcements about the Chargers tailgate. It's definitely happening, but I didn't catch the details. I think their Facebook page has info.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a tailgate at the Chargers game. Approximately 1000 people we have been told. It took a long time for the spot to be approved right by the stadium but now it's all set. The price will be less than last year. Easier beer access. Food trucks there but not part of the tailgate price. If you want food it's there, if not no worries. The game will probably be more than half Bills fans so it should be a blast. As soon as I get more info I can post it here. Go Bills.

Thanks. I just booked my tickets from Seattle - flying in Saturday night and high tailing it out of there at 8pm on Sunday.

Still need to buy a game ticket but I don't anticipate that being a problem with their attendance woes :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 9:16 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

There will be a tailgate at the Chargers game. Approximately 1000 people we have been told. It took a long time for the spot to be approved right by the stadium but now it's all set. The price will be less than last year. Easier beer access. Food trucks there but not part of the tailgate price. If you want food it's there, if not no worries. The game will probably be more than half Bills fans so it should be a blast. As soon as I get more info I can post it here. Go Bills.

Awesome, plane tickets booked.  Haven’t bought tix just yet.  I’m sure they’ll be cheaper closer to game day.  Hope to share a beer with Kelly

Will do for sure.  I’ll be headed to the game with my wife this time around.  Usually travel with my buddy but we’re making a thanksgiving  week out of it and headed to Portland to visit her folks on Monday.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:16 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

More info on the tailgate:  https://losangelesbillsbackers.yapsody.com/event/index/164796?ref=directory_search

Likely going to do this - anyone know if Kenny, Captain Buffalo and crew will be set up there (I'll also PM them)?  CA Bills Backers said that Andre Reed will be there - looks like I picked a good year to start rocking a Reed jersey...

Any ideas about parking?  Red (non-tailgate) lot?  Chargers bus in?  Something else from somewhere else?  I've also asked that question on the LA Bills Backers FB page.  Seems like a real clusterf:  http://www.chargers.com/stubhub-center/gameday-information

Regardless, I have game tickets, so the lady and I will be there! :beer: