2017 NFL head coach power rankings

29) Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills

Granted, McDermott has never been a head coach. He's also taking over a franchise that underwent a front-office shift just months after he accepted the job. The Bills' new rookie GM, Brandon Beane, is a familiar face to McDermott, as the two worked together in Carolina. Worth noting here that McDermott's lack of experience as a head coach does not make him unqualified for the post. ... He just wrapped up eight straight seasons as a defensive coordinator (for the Eagles and Panthers), fielding a top-10 defense in half of them. Five of those teams made it to the postseason.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816560/bill-belichick-tops-2017-nfl-head-coach-power-rankings

I love that they ranked our 0 wins coach above three other coaches!! So....we've got that going for us!!

And, that last picture of Belichick looks fake: He's smiling (which always seems like it is really painful when he does it. Look up his appearance on David Letterman a couple of years ago. It's like he doesn't know HOW to smile and/or laugh)

Guest NeckBeard

I think this ranking is fair, and my perspective remains that McD was the most sensible hire that this team could have made this past offseason. From an organizational standpoint, this is the biggest shift I have seen since probably 2001, but who knows how it will play out? Ownership blessed the hiring of Rex, and that was a gigantic fail, and plus the Sabres aren't bad but still remain underwhelming. Then they relied on their GM and scouts to facilitate a draft -- only to fire them days later. In that light I think that 29 is a fair assessment at this point, no matter how enthusiastic I am about an overhaul of this team for a change.

Yet another ridiculous article during the NFL's "dead zone."

No first-time head coach should even be ranked. They are "incomplete" until they've coached for at least a season.

I guess they have to write some crap to get paid, so here it is.... Rank guys who have been a head coach, and Incomplete fits for the rest.