Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

I was OK with the offer, can't complain. If other people here eventually start posting about Free NFL ticket plus all the premium channels...that's when i call back and start asking for more loyalty discounts. I've been a customer since 2000 and believe me...I've paid them enough $$ over the years to equal a really nice car. I don't feel bad asking for the most discounts possible...

Since 1997. that's when I moved out of NYS. We moved in 2004 and my wife made the call to them on the "Move Package" and put it in her name, so they only recognize 13 years

I keep reminding them of that when I call.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with 2 agents, the second was someone specifically for ST calls.

I was OK with the offer, can't complain. If other people here eventually start posting about Free NFL ticket plus all the premium channels...that's when i call back and start asking for more loyalty discounts. I've been a customer since 2000 and believe me...I've paid them enough $$ over the years to equal a really nice car. I don't feel bad asking for the most discounts possible...

and you never should.

It's a miserable experience, like buying a car. My wife has handled car purchases for the last decade or more, she loves that dance. I hate it. If I asked her to negotiate this, I would miss my dear Bills. Actually, she just might do it because my son comes over on game days. But I'm sure I'd lose channels in some way....

Edited by Augie

My father in law is trying to convince me to get a 150 dollar slingbox (?)

Basically via the internet I hook it up to my say parents cable box in Buffalo and sync it somehow thru my TV. I can then watch and even control what they watch on that specific receiver at my home here in Virginia....so all the Bills games.

Is this possible? Is the stream quality good?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My father in law is trying to convince me to get a 150 dollar slingbox (?)

Basically via the internet I hook it up to my say parents cable box in Buffalo and sync it somehow thru my TV. I can then watch and even control what they watch on that specific receiver at my home here in Virginia....so all the Bills games.

Is this possible? Is the stream quality good?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

this is an option. However the sling box will be in your fathers house and the newer ones will need your iPhone or iPad connected to it at his home for first time. OLder sling boxes did not require this step. You than can play the sling player content to your TV via HDMI cable or Apple TV if you have apple device.

this is an option. However the sling box will be in your fathers house and the newer ones will need your iPhone or iPad connected to it at his home for first time. OLder sling boxes did not require this step. You than can play the sling player content to your TV via HDMI cable or Apple TV if you have apple device.

How is the QUALITY of the streamed content?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

The key is asking for retention. I got the Genie installed free and 10.00/ month credit plus the ticket half price for two years. I told them I didn't want to call each year and they said fine if you stay two years. Retention will do just that . Retain you. Be nice and they want to keep you.

My father in law is trying to convince me to get a 150 dollar slingbox (?) Basically via the internet I hook it up to my say parents cable box in Buffalo and sync it somehow thru my TV. I can then watch and even control what they watch on that specific receiver at my home here in Virginia....so all the Bills games. Is this possible? Is the stream quality good? Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I can only speak of older slingbox models, and bandwidth varies. I have this setup at parents house, but I only use it for nightly wrap up shows Sunday night. Used to be on one of the broadcast networks, now on MSG I believe. Anyway, I would never trust it for live games, too unreliable with buffering, freezing, just not working at all, etc.

I don't believe that the major networks or cable don't have a contract with the NFL yet after all these years.

I think with ATT merger they got rid of retention dept. I just spoke with a CSR.

Edited by boco357

Guy I know did something similar few years back with something other than a Slingbox, can't recall what it was called, but worked for him. His father lived in Pittsburgh and he wanted to watch Penguin games. He would tell me how he'd sometimes mess with his father, he'd call him up and while talking with him, he'd change the channel and listen to his father go nuts as to why the #&*@^+ stupid cable box changed channels without him touching the remote.

My father in law is trying to convince me to get a 150 dollar slingbox (?) Basically via the internet I hook it up to my say parents cable box in Buffalo and sync it somehow thru my TV. I can then watch and even control what they watch on that specific receiver at my home here in Virginia....so all the Bills games. Is this possible? Is the stream quality good? Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

So if you don't believe they don't have a contract, does that mean they do have one?

I don't believe that the major networks or cable don't have a contract with the NFL yet after all these years.

This is exactly what do, two seasons and running. It works great! I'd suggest connecting the Slingbox to the router at his house for a better experience.

How is the QUALITY of the streamed content?

The quality is actually very good, especially if you connect the slingbox via Ethernet to the router. I have the app on my galaxy note and cast it right to my tv. It's super easy and very good quality for a streaming video.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like DTV has limited discounts on Sunday Ticket (all for the good)

I had to call and complain about a charge I shouldn't have had to pay and after 30 minutes of getting that fixed (on my 2nd transfer to Retention) the rep told me the only available discount I could get was the Sunday Ticket Max for a one time fee of $99.00

17 weeks - $5.88 a week.

Who can refuse that ?

the charges s/b on the August bill so now is the time to call.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

But you can do like I did last year and use a VPN, download the apk version of NFL Gamepass, and stream the games in the US. I paid the full amount, however ($200). Gamepass is Chromecast compatible, so I watched live streams on the big screen. Only issue is the sound is slight distorted with the live stream, as opposed to a direct satellite feed.

This doesn't work anymore, I guess... sorry.

Good thing I switched to DirecTV in April.

does anyone know if you get the college kid program does the "local programming" stem from the college location or the location of stream? My cousin who is UB student is in Disney program here in Orlando and he will order if we can watch. I though do not want to order and then find out it is blacked out due to his being UB student.

Anyone have any luck with getting a deal on ST that wasn't renewing the package? I got DTV in 2015, had the package for that year, and was offered nothing when I cancelled it last year. I was still in a 2 year contract and they had me by the balls and knew it.

I tried to get it half price by saying that I was a Bills STH so it didn't make sense to pay full price for the package when I'm not even home for half the weeks anyway. Got nothing. I was thinking about trying it again, hopefully getting it at half price or maybe the $24.99 x 4 I've seen in here since now I have no contract and can actually threaten to cancel the whole account