One big, dirty, stat.

#34fan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We win those two Miami games, beat the jets last game, the Bills make the playoffs, not Miami.

"If" Too bad kiko and Mario pantsed us.

More like jay ajai and his 500 yards of offense himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep saying that... over and over and over. You are that broken record.

The offense was not the reason the second Miami game. Sorry.

It wasn't? They had every opportunity at the start of OT to score. They failed to score. Had they scored, you would not have to blame the defense. That in and of itself is one-big-dirty-stat

Occam's Razor The simplest explanation is usually the truth.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Keep saying that... over and over and over. You are that broken record.

It wasn't? They had every opportunity at the start of OT to score. They failed to score. Had they scored, you would not have to blame the defense. That in and of itself is one-big-dirty-stat

Occam's Razor The simplest explanation is usually the truth.

The game was won with a minute left. Who's to blame over that final minute? The offense got the ball, in OT to Miami's 17. That horrible reverse play with Bush and another missed FG by the ex kicker. In this particular game, a non biased fan would put the loss on the defense and ST. Because that is where it belongs.

Why is it so hard to grasp the simple answer?

The Bills failed to score on the first (10 play) drive, the defense held the Fins on their first (5 play) drive, the Bills failed to score on their second (8 play) drive.

Score and it is GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

The game was over with a minute left. Again, why no blame on the units responsible for that last minute? Again Carpenter missed another FG in OT when the offense moved the ball to Miami's 17. And TT did not call that horrible reverse to Bush.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2016/12/rex_ryans_defense_to_blame_as_bills_eliminated_in_loss_to_miami

"ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Rex Ryan arrived in Buffalo vowing the build the Bills into a bully.

Some two years later, Ryan's prized defense is proving to be a pushover, opening questions about his job security.

Ryan was placed in a position of having to defend his reputation and future once again on Saturday after Buffalo (7-8) was eliminated from playoff contention in a 34-31 overtime loss to the Miami Dolphins. The Bills surrendered more than 200 yards rushing for the third time this season, and second in two months to Jay Ajayi."

lol it's amazing guys will not speak ill of the defense last year! So what they allowed 3 200 yard rushers! Tyrod should have stopped him! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason we missed the playoffs in 2016 was the defense. TT is not elite or a HOF type QB, but with a better defense, the Bills would have made the WC. TT is good enough until better is found. The formula-A QB that can manage a game with few turnovers, a strong running game, and a strong defense. The defense was the part of the formula that failed the most.

More attempts from a more confident passer might have meant even more TD's... Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?... If we were 14th or 15th in attempts we could have very well won more games... TT pulled the ball down and hauled-azz on many occasions where he could have thrown downfield.... Are we still denying this after last season?

Every time someone speaks the truth they get attacked by TT cabana-boys defending their master... What could anyone possibly have against this stat being improved?... smh...

I believe the correct term is TT 'cabana boy punchers'

What folks might have against improving the stat is that throwing more doesn't equal winning more.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

The main reason we missed the playoffs in 2016 was the defense. TT is not elite or a HOF type QB, but with a better defense, the Bills would have made the WC. TT is good enough until better is found. The formula-A QB that can manage a game with few turnovers, a strong running game, and a strong defense. The defense was the part of the formula that failed the most.

This guy gets it.

lol it's amazing guys will not speak ill of the defense last year! So what they allowed 3 200 yard rushers! Tyrod should have stopped him! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you were not referring to me.

Rex forked up the Defense, but again lets not pretend a GOOD offense can't overcome a bad defense.

Thanks for your input. I'm done here for a while.

I hope you were not referring to me.

Rex forked up the Defense, but again lets not pretend a GOOD offense can't overcome a bad defense.

Thanks for your input. I'm done here for a while.

Let's not pretend that you don't have an agenda going on here. It would seem less silly if you admitted that the second Miami game was on the defense and ST. or do you expect 31 points, the lead, and only a minute left not a "good offense".

Why is it so hard to grasp the simple answer?

The Bills failed to score on the first (10 play) drive, the defense held the Fins on their first (5 play) drive, the Bills failed to score on their second (8 play) drive.

Score and it is GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

So you hold Drew Brees and the Saints offense responsible for all their losses? I mean you understand every offense gets chances to score right? It's usually accepted that offenses can't always score and eventually the defense needs to make some critical stops. Maybe you have a different way of seeing things.

his problem is that he goes too far in defending TT and will not blame the pisspoor passing game.

TT is not elite or a HOF. What more should one expect but to miss the playoffs?

Miami was the WC and they have no where near a HOF or elite QB.

his problem is that he goes too far in defending TT and will not blame the pisspoor passing game.

TT is not elite or a HOF. What more should one expect but to miss the playoffs?

You go to far with this infatuation of hate, along with a few others, against TT, who was the least of the Bills problems in 2016. I'd put up poor game day coaching, injuries, the ST and the defense higher on the list of problems.

So you hold Drew Brees and the Saints offense responsible for all their losses? I mean you understand every offense gets chances to score right? It's usually accepted that offenses can't always score and eventually the defense needs to make some critical stops. Maybe you have a different way of seeing things.

One key stat that is not mentioned enough is turnovers. The offense was excellent at not turning the ball over, and the defense didn't get nearly enough of them in a 15 game span. That last game was meaningless as the team gave up.

Let's not pretend that you don't have an agenda going on here. It would seem less silly if you admitted that the second Miami game was on the defense and ST. or do you expect 31 points, the lead, and only a minute left not a "good offense".

It's as silly as blaming the defense for the Baltimore game. It's possible to admit the offense and Tyrod had their problems last year without going crazy in the other direction and blaming them for a game where they produced over 500 total yards.

It's as silly as blaming the defense for the Baltimore game. It's possible to admit the offense and Tyrod had their problems last year without going crazy in the other direction and blaming them for a game where they produced over 500 total yards.

I agree. Most do. It's the "few" who don't.