One big, dirty, stat.

#34fan

First you say:

Of course, any dimwit-troll eventually says:

Only the worst posters on the board took the thread as an opportunity to bash Tyrod... I actually thought the site would be a good resource for anyone else to assemble their

own stats, and theories for the upcoming season. The thread itself highlighted a passing stat that was 32nd in a ranking of 32 teams.. When coupled with other low-end

passing stats, it reveals a situationthat I feel requires improvement... Why? -Because the defense could still be an issue this season... In that event, this team cannot count

on an abundance of 4-12, 2-14, and 1-15 pushovers to boost our win total... We will have to out-score good teams... So, to those content with dumping the entire failed

season at the feet of Rex Ryans staff, I will tell you that you are 100% not wrong.. I'll also remind you that Rex is no longer here to blame... Don't be shocked if a stat many

of you dismiss, comes back to haunt you in a big way.

Can you make the typeface any bigger, I am having problems reading it. :ph34r:

There are very few who look for an opportunity to bash Tyrod

As I indicated, TT has very good QB ratings, yet he still has areas than need improvement, some of which need a vast improvement. (see hondo's post)

If pointing out the truth is bashing Tyrod , than all I can say is deal with it.

Yes, TT is the best we have. That doesn't mean he is the best at what he does. Playing it safe is why his TO ration is so low. Maybe if he took a few more risks in each game the Bills might have ended the drought

As to the Bills Defense - I have posted this dozens of times, at least 3 of the 2016 playoff teams had a defense equally as bad or worst than Buffalo's D.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First you say:

Of course, any dimwit-troll eventually says:

I'm a lot more polite before enduring an onslaught of mis-quotes, misinformation, and general douchebaggery. It quickly became apparent that you weren't willing to debate the topic in an adult manner, so I didn't have any qualms mocking your inane obstinance.

Alot of posters need to remember this as it goes both ways.

While true, I still say that very few here don't recognize what TT brings to the table. Those posters are the ones I have learned to skip over.

If some people are unwilling to accept his weaknesses along with his strengths then imo they are fooling themselves.

Very good point, Shady! I'm impressed.....

Also, Taylor does pretty well when throwing to a legitimate No. 1 & 2 receiver - something he rarely had last year, the hobbled, crippled and MIA notwithstanding......

Tyrod's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods plays : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Yeah, and that's a big part of the problem here. Taylor was missing his top WRs in his not-so-deep WR corps more than most teams. Woods and Sammy missed a combined 11 games in 2016.

Only the Jets and Chargers had their #1 and #2 WRs miss more games than Sammy and Woods. 2 other teams missed their #1 and #2 WRs 11 games like Buffalo: Tampa Bay and Chicago.

None of those teams made the playoffs.

By contrast, the 8 teams with the fewest games missed by their WRs all made the playoffs:

Detroit (1)

NYG (2)

Houston (2)

New England (4) 5 if you take Edleman, Amendola, and Hogan as a group

Atlanta (4)

Green Bay (4)

Dallas (4)

Kansas City (4)​

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Only the worst posters on the board took the thread as an opportunity to bash Tyrod... I actually thought the site would be a good resource for anyone else to assemble their

own stats, and theories for the upcoming season. The thread itself highlighted a passing stat that was 32nd in a ranking of 32 teams.. When coupled with other low-end

passing stats, it reveals a situationthat I feel requires improvement... Why? -Because the defense could still be an issue this season... In that event, this team cannot count

on an abundance of 4-12, 2-14, and 1-15 pushovers to boost our win total... We will have to out-score good teams... So, to those content with dumping the entire failed

season at the feet of Rex Ryans staff, I will tell you that you are 100% not wrong.. I'll also remind you that Rex is no longer here to blame... Don't be shocked if a stat many

of you dismiss, comes back to haunt you in a big way.

Dude... look at your 2nd and especially your 3rd posts in your own thread from page 1:

Alot of them went into Taylor Savings & Loan... Well, mostly SAVINGS... That's where Tightwad keeps all the wide open guys he didn't hit, and all the plays he left on the field because he was scared to throw.

Yah... guys were hurt... The WR corp. was weak.... Still, there were many opportunities TT let sail by...

This year's schedule offers little in the way of forgiveness for such mistakes.

Bottom line? -Ball's gotta fly in '17. or we CRY in '17... -AGAIN!

You're calling yourself one of the worst posters on the board :doh:

Dude... look at your 2nd and especially your 3rd posts in your own thread from page 1:

Transplant - this is off topic but I think you'd enjoy this Chris Trapasso article:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/19/15829060/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-lesean-mccoy-highest-first-down-conversion-rate-after-sack-in-2016

Didn't feel like making a whole thread for it which is probably the right call.

:lol: Haaa. Laughable!

So, calling someone a tightwad now is "bashing them"? I only re-iterated what dozens of sports websites already observed.

When I said "only the worst posters on the board took the thread as an opportunity to bash Tyrod" I meant the thread wasn't about bashing him at all...

And yes, I called out a few of his cabana-boys for overreacting to stats that could be critical of him... This is actually VERY good... I receive similar drama whenever I shine a light on a coach or player with an issue...

9 times out of 10, That player/coach is GONE shortly thereafter... So shoot the messenger if you must... I'm used to it... Just don't whine when he shoots back a time or two...

Edited by #34fan

I'm a lot more polite before enduring an onslaught of mis-quotes, misinformation, and general douchebaggery. It quickly became apparent that you weren't willing to debate the topic in an adult manner, so I didn't have any qualms mocking your inane obstinance.

You're all butt-hurt because you and Scott couldn't prove your "offense was good enough" bulls#!*-pipe dream... Bu hey, I never asked you to.... I just pointed out that the offense was only good enough when it came to

outscoring turrble teams...

Edited by #34fan

So, calling someone a tightwad now is "bashing them"? I only re-iterated what dozens of sports websites already observed.

When I said "only the worst posters on the board took the thread as an opportunity to bash Tyrod" I meant the thread wasn't about bashing him at all...

And yes, I called out a few of his cabana-boys for overreacting to stats that could be critical of him... This is actually VERY good... I receive similar drama whenever I shine a light on a coach or player with an issue...

9 times out of 10, That player/coach is GONE shortly thereafter... So shoot the messenger if you must... I'm used to it... Just don't whine when he shoots back a time or two...

Yes. Calling someone a tightwad is bashing him. It's an inflammatory statement.

If you really can't see that, I think the next logical question would be: have you graduated High School, yet?

There were plenty of other ways to say what you said. Instead, you chose to go the middle-school route throwing out playground insults.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

By my tally, 9 times out of 10 the players you love go on to undrafted free agency before a career in insurance sales. Then there are the difference makers that we released that you pounded the table for like Dorin Dickerson and Brandon Kaufmann.

If you really can't see that, I think the next logical question would be: have you graduated High School, yet?

There were plenty of other ways to say what you said. Instead, you chose to go the middle-school route throwing out playground insults.

Tyrods white knight is here to joust again.

ANY statement some dim-with troll gets a hold of can be inflammatory... if you're offended by TT being called "tightwad", it might be time to change maxi-pads...

OR, simply try not posting on "heavy-flow" days.

By my tally, 9 times out of 10 the players you love go on to undrafted free agency before a career in insurance sales. Then there are the difference makers that we released that you pounded the table for like Dorin Dickerson and Brandon Kaufmann.

:lol: Haaaaa! NO WAY!

How long have you been biting your lip on this thread?... -Good to hear from you! FYI..Smith to Kaufmann would have been a f*%$ing phenomenon!

Edited by #34fan

Transplant - this is off topic but I think you'd enjoy this Chris Trapasso article:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/19/15829060/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-lesean-mccoy-highest-first-down-conversion-rate-after-sack-in-2016

Didn't feel like making a whole thread for it which is probably the right call.

Hap, we're nubes so I understand the hesitation for making a new thread for something like this, but I actually think this link and the 2 articles in the "study" it references actually deserves it's own thread. There are going to be a couple of the (*ahem*) usual suspects who criticize the Tyrod homers for coming out in full force, but I don't think this is a study anyone has really seen or discussed.

I'm still digesting some of it myself. I'll come back here to comment on it if you haven't started a separate thread. Thanks! Intriguing stuff :thumbsup:

Hap, we're nubes so I understand the hesitation for making a new thread for something like this, but I actually think this link and the 2 articles in the "study" it references actually deserves it's own thread. There are going to be a couple of the (*ahem*) usual suspects who criticize the Tyrod homers for coming out in full force, but I don't think this is a study anyone has really seen or discussed.

I'm still digesting some of it myself. I'll come back here to comment on it if you haven't started a separate thread. Thanks! Intriguing stuff :thumbsup:

Yeah I just didn't know if the one stat was worthy of a whole new thread. I already know what the thread will become and I'm just tired of it. I'm done with the same old debates. It is interesting to me that sacks obviously did not hurt the Bills' offense as much as Tyrod's critics think they did. I've made a mental note and that's about all I feel like doing this time around!

Yeah I just didn't know if the one stat was worthy of a whole new thread. I already know what the thread will become and I'm just tired of it. I'm done with the same old debates. It is interesting to me that sacks obviously did not hurt the Bills' offense as much as Tyrod's critics think they did. I've made a mental note and that's about all I feel like doing this time around!

Thank you sir. The horse might finally be dead until the jets game ends.

It's certainly not an unfair assessment - to go all double negative. I find it interesting to look deeper at the stats behind this quote :

"Now that said, the numbers prove that since Taylor became the starter ahead of the 2015 season, Buffalo’s overall offensive production has increased. To go from 26th in scoring in 2014 to 11th and 10th the last two seasons isn’t an accident."

Restrict yourself to the games with Taylor the QB & Anthony Lynn the OC, and Buffalo's scoring ranked even higher. The Bills are then tied for 4th, sharing the spot with Green Bay. Kinda makes you wonder what Buffalo's offense could be with a healthy set of receivers - perhaps a slight improvement at Right Tackle - maybe a dash of stability in the coaching department. Even the most sour Bills fan might develop a sunny disposition then!

Edited by grb