Nice Holmes news per Rumblings

And countless times we've heard this about numerous flops in the past.... How anyone(especially Bills fans given their historic playoff drought run)believes any of the fluff in the offseason is fascinating to me.

Then why visit the forum in June? This is the discussion around here in June, fluff pieces and pointless arguments. I personally prefer the fluff pieces, at least gives me something to look forward to. I don't think anyone is getting brainwashed by them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://buffalonews.com/1999/08/30/louds-latest-effort-speaks-volumes/

'A year ago, Kamil Loud was one of the great stories of the Bills' training camp. He was a seventh-round draft pick from Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo who made big play after big play on the practice field and in preseason games to secure a spot on the final 53-man roster.

This summer, however, Loud had been mostly forgotten. ... Loud even found himself taking a backseat to another long-shot story -- rookie free agent Jeremy McDaniel.

But that all changed Saturday night in Cincinnati.

Loud soared back into the forefront of the Bills' preseason with a game-high four receptions for 75 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-3 victory over the Bengals.

"He had a great camp last year and really made some people's heads turn," said Johnson, who connected with Loud for a 6-yard score that gave the Bills a 20-3 lead in the third quarter. "And this year we got Peerless, so he's kind of moved to the back. Now he's kind of coming back out and showing what he can do."

Loud showed the Bills more than blazing speed and the ability to get open for a catch. The TD from Johnson came on the series after he caught a 35-yard pass and suffered an injury to his left ankle while being tackled from behind by safety Cory Hall at the Cincinnati 7.'

'A year ago, Kamil Loud was one of the great stories of the Bills' training camp. He was a seventh-round draft pick from Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo who made big play after big play on the practice field and in preseason games to secure a spot on the final 53-man roster.

This summer, however, Loud had been mostly forgotten. ... Loud even found himself taking a backseat to another long-shot story -- rookie free agent Jeremy McDaniel.

Loud soared back into the forefront of the Bills' preseason with a game-high four receptions for 75 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-3 victory over the Bengals.

"He had a great camp last year and really made some people's heads turn," said Johnson, who connected with Loud for a 6-yard score that gave the Bills a 20-3 lead in the third quarter. "And this year we got Peerless, so he's kind of moved to the back. Now he's kind of coming back out and showing what he can do."

Loud showed the Bills more than blazing speed and the ability to get open for a catch. The TD from Johnson came on the series after he caught a 35-yard pass and suffered an injury to his left ankle while being tackled from behind by safety Cory Hall at the Cincinnati 7.'

Loud speaking volumes? I'd say he went away rather quietly.

And countless times we've heard this about numerous flops in the past.... How anyone(especially Bills fans given their historic playoff drought run)believes any of the fluff in the offseason is fascinating to me.

There's been plenty of players that have also then gone on to look good through the season and had good careers with these type of reports. Don't make an even bigger fool of yourself.

It's not total fluff. The head coach singled a guy out and said he's looking great, in June. I'm sure everyone understands what that means

Except ScottLaw - who somehow thinks we should give no attention to such reports - yet somehow he has the right to.

Edited by Triple Threat

The thing about Holmes is he isnt some street free agent that nobody ever heard of before....he actually played pretty well for the raiders....not number 1 receiver well but he is a SOLID number 3 guy.

We actually have a few solid number 3 guys that could be adequate number 2's....i dont feel we had that last year.

Read between the lines.

They missed out on Maclin and NOW this article appears and quotes from McDermott that Holmes has been terrific.

It's a typical fluff article to pump up the roster after missing out on a good receiver.

The guys been at best an average receiver in this league. Outside of Sammy, the WR corps is questionable at best.

Just curious, I've never heard of the legal field called "ScottLaw." What does it cover? Cynicism and pessimism?

Read between the lines.

They missed out on Maclin and NOW this article appears and quotes from McDermott that Holmes has been terrific.

It's a typical fluff article to pump up the roster after missing out on a good receiver.

The guys been at best an average receiver in this league. Outside of Sammy, the WR corps is questionable at best.

i think this is a little over the top, but i am very proud of you for not mentioning MG as much.

Read between the lines.

With everyone healthy , our WRs are fine. A good qb would be perfectly fine throwing to them, especially with Clay and McCoy.

Good thing Holmes isn't a rookie and has actually produced in the NFL.

Read between the lines.

It might be a fluff article but it wasn't written by McDermott - so why are you blaming him? So you're mad at the guy from Rumblings colluding with McDermott?

You think we're simpleton's being duped by McDermott trying to make the fan base feel better about losing Maclin. I think the real dimwit is the one that thinks Sean McDermott made comments about a WR for our amusement.

We do agree that there's a big question mark surrounding our WR core but I don't think there's some conspiracy here.

Edited by Triple Threat

I get to play the devils advocate and be the lone wolf here, I don't mind the signing, and I like his height, and that he's been a healthy contributor, but I'm also not buying the off season hype, IMO he's a solid legit NFL #4 WR, and by getting signed with team with WR issues he has a rare opportunity to get more snaps than he should

Besides, there's a reason the Raiders went out and got two better WR's and allowed him to slip on the 4th on the depth chart, and then didn't try to re-sign him, and there's a reason why we tried to sign Macklin, because neither our Bills or Raiders see him as anything more than he is, depth not a starter, regardless of coach speak and fan, media, and Bills app camp hype

If he can replicate Hogan's old production I'll be thrilled, but I am not expecting much more, sure I don't disagree than any NFL player can play beyond expectations if given a chance, I'm still not buying the projection that Holmes is anything more than a solid 4th, sorry, and I'm betting he's not even on our roster come 2020

jc