Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

I'll give Lehner credit for making a few saves in the shootout, but it should never have gone to overtime in the first place. 

If Lehner just stays in the damn net and doesn't slide 10 feet out to the side, Vegas probably never ties this game up and Buffalo wins in regulation. 

Lehner drives me nuts with how often he gets caught out of position. 

Oh well. Wins are more/less pointless at this point anyway. We are now tied wth the Sens for 3rd last ans close to passing both them and Vancouver.

I can already see it now -  we'll finish 5th last, slide down 3 draft spots and pick 8th again (after an entire season in the bottom 2).... lol 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 70 on 3/15 vs. TOR at 7 PM ET

3-14: Phil Housley on WGR (10:50)

Housley on Casey Mittelstadt - we don't get to see too many games, but we get the results and the video. He's had a terrific year in Minnesota. We'll see if he has the chance to play in the NCAA Tournament. #Sabres

Housley - Jack Eichel looked good yesterday, but you can tell he's been off the ice for quite some time. We'll get an evaluation of him this morning after yesterday's tough practice, but it was good to see him back. #Sabres

Housley - I thought he did a good job overall in practice. We want to make sure he's in a good place, especially with a high-ankle sprain. There will be tweaks, but that's the nature of that injury. We'll keep a close eye on it, see how he responds on the ice today. #Sabres

Housley - with the situation we're in, we will not rush anything with Eichel. He wants to be back, just goes to show his competitive nature. Great on his part, but we have to be careful so he can be healthy at the end of the season. #Sabres

Housley - Okposo is still day-to-day, but I like how he's coming along. We still have to be careful with him too, watch where he is with his progression. #Sabres

Housley - There's a possibility that Rodrigues returns to action on Thursday, but we'll evaluate where he's at after practice today. #Sabres

Housley - I like the speed and pace the he plays with. His tenacity, his competitiveness, I like what he brings. He's a very versatile player. A lot of great things in his game. #Sabres

Housley - Guhle has earned his right to be up here. He's playing the game how we want him to play at with his speed and how he attacks it. We want to see him playing against good competition, see how he reacts. It's important he gets some NHL games. #Sabres

Housley - Ullmark is another player who has earned the right to be here. We'll look at it on a game-to-game situation, but he will get in some game action. #Sabres

Housley - facing Nashville will be a bit weird, but we have an obligation to win hockey games. These games have meaning to them, and it's a great challenge for us. #Sabres

On March 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Jack is back! (at practice at least)... I'll take it! 

Definitely glad he is nearing a return. 

I would prefer him to sit out the season at this point.  No reason whatsoever for him to play.

I decided to randomly look up Kane's numbers in San Jose so far.  He's got 1-5-6 in 7 games out there.  Hopefully he can keep that going and they decide to keep him around.  Put up numbers like that in the playoffs and I bet he sticks.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

I decided to randomly look up Kane's numbers in San Jose so far.  He's got 1-5-6 in 7 games out there.  Hopefully he can keep that going and they decide to keep him around.  Put up numbers like that in the playoffs and I bet he sticks.

If he sticks does that mean better pick? 

1 hour ago, thebug said:

If he sticks does that mean better pick? 

Yes.  Right now it's a 2nd round pick in 2019.  If they re-sign him, it becomes a 1st round instead.

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 71 on 3/17 vs. CHI at 1 PM ET
On 3/15/2018 at 11:59 AM, shrader said:

He just scored 4 goals against the Flames!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/16/kanes-four-goal-game-charges-sharks-to-victory-over-flames/

As of now, it has to be looking pretty good for San Jose to re-sign him IMO.

Sure hope they do... I want that 1st rounder! lol 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 72 on 3/19 vs. NSH at 7 PM ET