Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It'll be a 2019 1st round pick and a conditional 4th in 2020. 

Yeah, I know by far the most likely scenario is that we get their 2019 1st and 4th.

But I can still hope that it instead somehow ends up being high 2020 1st and 3rd round picks. 

lol 

Juat glad we are at least getting a 1st no matter what now.

I really thought Kane may decide to chase the money and lifestyle (especially with a team like Vegas (with tons of cap space) potentially interested in him, and his hometown Canucks too). 

Although for $7x7 I guess he didn't really have to go anywhere to chase the money! lol 

I am not sure another team would have offered him that kind of term.

Edited by BillsFan4

Good for you guys. Good for us. Now for the Sharks, time to chase Taveras. If Joe resigns at a reduced rate that's fine. 

Sabres will be an interesting team to watch next season. I'm not expecting drastic improvement but even winning 6 or 7 more games would be a significant turn. 

Good luck next year Sabre fans. Wish only the best!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Rasmus Asplund

Rasmus Ristolainen

Rasmus Dahlin

So, how many Ramuses does it take to change a light bulb?

There are two more who could potentially be available for the 32nd pick.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:43 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

NHL Draft 2018: How Rasmus Dahlin can fit Sabres, fast-track league's slowest rebuild

Buffalo, which owns the first overall pick, will have the first crack at Rasmus Dahlin, a dynamic puck mover with highlight-reel moves. The Swedish wunderkind is the overwhelming favorite to become just the 14th defenseman to be taken first in the NHL Draft, but you have to go all the back to 1973 and Hall of Famer Denis Potvin to find a defense prospect who had such a tremendous following before ever skating in an NHL game.

Dahlin’s blend of skill and smarts should make his transition to the NHL’s up-tempo style as seamless as it was for Housley, a finesse defenseman himself who made his Sabres debut immediately after he went sixth overall in the 1982 draft. Housley was only a few months removed from his 19th birthday when he was named runner-up for the Calder Trophy. One year later, he received a significant amount of Norris Trophy votes, finishing for the NHL’s best defenseman.

5-23: Steve Kournianos on the NHL Draft with Schopp and Bulldog (20:27)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5-25: Sweden World Junior head coach Tomas Monten with Howard and Jeremy on Rasmus Dahlin (13:07)

We're getting #DialedInOnDahlin next on WGR as Sweden World Junior head coach Tomas Monten joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR! #Sabres

Monten - Rasmus Dahlin blew us away in his first experience at the World Juniors in Montreal. We knew he was going to be a difference maker for us. #Sabres

Monten - This past year, he was our go-to guy. He played the most minutes, most situations for us. He handles it, battles through and does his thing. #Sabres

Monten - I don't think I will be having him for Vancouver next year. #Sabres

Monten - His leadership and experience changed the most from one World Juniors to the next. From Day 1 in Montreal, he didn't know what to expect. From Day 1 in Buffalo, he told others to take my lead. #Sabres

Monten - Dahlin is very coachable. He's still a young kid and pretty quiet, but working with him 1-on-1, he wants to learn. He has a bit of a temper, but it's more of a competitive temper. #Sabres

Monten - Rasmus Asplund was more of an offensive centerman for us at the World Juniors. He was a leader for us on the bench and in the locker room for us. He's been playing pretty good at the professional level in Sweden. He's very smart. #Sabres

Monten - Asplund has some good offensive skill, but he is not going to risk anything for his team. If he can be more willing to take some chances, he can produce more offense. #Sabres

Monten - Alex Nylander didn't put up the points for us this year like he did in Montreal, but he was better with consistency and he matured a lot. I know this season was rough, but I hope he gets a good summer and takes a spot. He did learn a lot this season. #Sabres