Aaron Judge

Kirby Jackson

On 6/11/2017 at 10:54 PM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I need to preface my statement by saying that I love baseball. My issue with baseball is the lack of star power. Without question there is a ton of great young talent. Somehow that hasn't translated into creating star power. Baseball does little to create excitement. I don't ever feel like I'm watching an important event, at least not one that anyone else cares about.

Baseball has become a sort of niche sport followed by a select group of fans. I don't think I'll ever see anything as exciting as the Aaron Boone ALCS homer or the 2004 Red Sox ALCS win over the Yankees. It seemed like America still cared about baseball. Now Yankee Stadium has empty seats behind home plate. I love baseball. All of the great young talent make the game enjoyable to watch. Sadly some of that joy is lessened for me by the fact that baseball doesn't feel all that relevant. Water cooler baseball talk is mostly a thing of the past.

I've been to two games at Yankee Stadium(new) spent $8 for each game and sat in $2500 seats behind home plate both times because they were empty

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, KD in CA said:

He sucks!  Trade him to the Mets!

He'd hate playing for the Mets.  They actually play in a major league ballpark. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

He'd hate playing for the Mets.  They actually play in a major league ballpark. 

The AL East has built the best candyland homer parks hasn't it...