ESPN: Seahawks Defense really resents Russell Wilson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think RW is trash. Doesn't have any clutch genes in his body and is a pick machine in big time games and situations. His defense and run game has carried him ever since he's been in the league. He's nothing but a game manager. He is not a franchise qb. Had we drafted him he would have flopped hardcore and been a backup fighting for a roster spot.

Personally I think RW is trash. Doesn't have any clutch genes in his body and is a pick machine in big time games and situations. His defense and run game has carried him ever since he's been in the league. He's nothing but a game manager. He is not a franchise qb. Had we drafted him he would have flopped hardcore and been a backup fighting for a roster spot.

Based on what?

More game-winning drives in his first four seasons than anyone in HISTORY. Led the league in 4th quarter passer rating in 2015. Couldn't find individual numbers for 2016 (I'm sure they're somewhere), but saw the Seahawks were 9th as a team for 4th quarter QBR in 2016. PFF had Wilson with the 6th highest 4th quarter grade for 2016.

Not saying he's the most clutch QB in the league. But "doesn't have any clutch genes in his body" seems overly harsh to say the least.

Based on what?

More game-winning drives in his first four seasons than anyone in HISTORY. Led the league in 4th quarter passer rating in 2015. Couldn't find individual numbers for 2016 (I'm sure they're somewhere), but saw the Seahawks were 9th as a team for 4th quarter QBR in 2016. PFF had Wilson with the 6th highest 4th quarter grade for 2016.

Not saying he's the most clutch QB in the league. But "doesn't have any clutch genes in his body" seems overly harsh to say the least.

Just based off what I see. Threw 4 picks in an NFC conference game that his D saved him in. Goal line pick in the superbowl. I'm just not buying all the RW hype. The only reason he gets to come back is because his D is so good they keep him hanging around. He comes up short in big games. Aside from that Pack game how many post season comebacks has he had? I honestly don't know but if I had to guess id say none.

Just based off what I see. Threw 4 picks in an NFC conference game that his D saved him in. Goal line pick in the superbowl. I'm just not buying all the RW hype. The only reason he gets to come back is because his D is so good they keep him hanging around. He comes up short in big games. Aside from that Pack game how many post season comebacks has he had? I honestly don't know but if I had to guess id say none.

3. He has 4 comebacks and 4 GWD's in 5 post season appearances.

He has 21 GWD's in 5 regular seasons.

In his career, his 4th Q numbers are 39 TD's to 12 INT's.

In his career, trailing with 4 minutes to go, he throws 7 TD's to 4 INT's.

In his career, when he's tied or trailing, he's thrown 68 TD's to 28 INT's and rushed for 6 more TD's.

There's no evidence to support anything you're saying. It may be time to buy the hype.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Edited by jmc12290

His defense is more responsible for those come backs than he is. They don't let the opponent score and give him great field position. Go back and look and you will see where he comes back from being down like 9-6 and he scores to win it! Where was he the rest of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His defense is more responsible for those come backs than he is. They don't let the opponent score and give him great field position. Go back and look and you will see where he comes back from being down like 9-6 and he scores to win it! Where was he the rest of the game? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irrelevant. I'm responding to "he's a pick machine in big time situations and isn't clutch," which is factually incorrect.

There is no team in the NFL that would side with Sherman over Wilson. You were fun while it was good, Rog. Now shut up and play, or go away.

hmm, i think vast majority of p[layers take Sherman over Wilson as a teammate.

Shocking that is from Richmond VA, where Wilson grew up and does not show up for the event run by ex- teammate and to help his hometown, but Sherman who grew in Compton does ...hmmm, People wonder why Wilson is not like here

I advise against wishing injury to an opponent but he's the exception. Can't wait for his permanent exit from the game.

I can understand why the D is irritated with them...

They led the NFL in scoring defense 4 years in a row, which last happenend in the 1950's with the Browns, and at times, they still lost games when they held teams to 12 points because the offense was stuck in the mud all game long. Way too many other games required 4th quarter "comebacks" because the offense couldn't do anything all day until Wilson made something happen on the last drive. If the defense wasn't holding teams down so long, he wouldn't have all those comebacks because they would have been getting blown out.

And then the defense gets told they need to step up their play while the offense gets treated with kid gloves. I'm pretty sure that would get really old.

Imagine you are at your job and your boss asks you to do more and more work and you complete it on time all the time properly and get everything done, excelling at your job, and then you have one time where a report gets done late and you get yelled at by your boss because you have been so good for so long anything less than being great is just out of character and unacceptable---in effect you are taken for granted.

Meanwhile the young guy down the hall is having his hand held doing 1/3 of the work as you are and then he gets the big raise when the time comes and is now making more than you, but he basically rode your coat tails to get to where he was.

You don't think you would be upset with the situation? Give me a break. These people aren't robots, they are human beings and I am pretty sure anyone in their situation would be feeling similar. The defense is held to a much, much higher standard than the offense is in Seattle. That just gets old after 5 years.

His defense is more responsible for those come backs than he is. They don't let the opponent score and give him great field position. Go back and look and you will see where he comes back from being down like 9-6 and he scores to win it! Where was he the rest of the game?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly my point, maybe he has more clutch than I give him credit for but at one point the Seahawks were involved in 81 consecutive games that were one score or less when entering the 4th. 81 consecutive. That's incredible. Theres a direct correlation there. Had the D not kept them around in those games we wouldnt be having this convo. T.O.P plays a huge factor as well with his run game makig the D tired it gives him a better shot entering the 4th. Without that nasty defense he's just average at best.

Personally and ik i'll get flamed for this, id take tyrod over RW. Not even being a homer I just think TT is a better football player.

This is exactly my point, maybe he has more clutch than I give him credit for but at one point the Seahawks were involved in 81 consecutive games that were one score or less when entering the 4th. 81 consecutive. That's incredible. Theres a direct correlation there. Had the D not kept them around in those games we wouldnt be having this convo. T.O.P plays a huge factor as well with his run game makig the D tired it gives him a better shot entering the 4th. Without that nasty defense he's just average at best.

Personally and ik i'll get flamed for this, id take tyrod over RW. Not even being a homer I just think TT is a better football player.

Wilson's run game was 25th last year. He still won 10 games and went to the playoffs.

Wilson's run game was 25th last year. He still won 10 games and went to the playoffs.

And his defense?

And his defense? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5th. Not as good as TT's run game.

But that defense has a much larger effect on the game. As they say...:defense wins championships.

I'm just still pissed about the Seahawks Bills game this year with that pre-halftime B.S

one of the most frustrating Bills games I've watched, for so many reasons. Then of course it ends at midnight or whatever, and can't sleep.:angry: Edited by YoloinOhio

Not to be a jerk, but the level of analysis in this thread is depressing - a lot of "this is what I see" and "the qb has x wins" sorts of takes. This board was always a million times better than the BBMB, and I fear that it's sinking. Kirby, Yolo, etc. do a great job of reeling it back in, but my god, the know-nothing hot takers appear to be out in force now. Everyone: pro-football-reference.com is your friend. Scroll down to advanced qb stats. 100 is average. Wilson lead the NFL in 2015 with 131. He has never been below 100.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Also, for the critics out there: I suggest doing a deep dive into the talent level on the seahawks' o-line the last two seasons. Seriously.

Edited by dave mcbride