DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

I'm always wary of special prosecutors.

They are enlisted to pursue very specific agendas, but always wind up digging for anything and everything. They become a political witch hunt.

For reference: Ken Starr was enlisted to investigate possible wrongdoing in land purchases and the death of Vince Foster, and we wound up with perjury related to blowjobs.

perjury is a bad thing to do, especially if one is a lawyer or officer of the court and really knows better

even if your name is Clinton, perjury is a bad thing to do.

Blowjobs are good though so 50/50 on that whole scandal.

perjury is a bad thing to do, especially if one is a lawyer or officer of the court and really knows better

even if your name is Clinton, perjury is a bad thing to do.

Of course it is, but that's not the point.

The point is that appointing a special prosecutor to investigate whitewater and Foster led to a situation where the President perjured himself over blowjobs. That situation never should have happened.

shows how sleazy the Clintons are

perjury under oath is a serious offence

i guess if you are a Democrat you can find any excuse to throw away the application of the law

i don't agree with that kind of a democracy though.

They are enlisted to pursue very specific agendas, but always wind up digging for anything and everything. They become a political witch hunt.

For reference: Ken Starr was enlisted to investigate possible wrongdoing in land purchases and the death of Vince Foster, and we wound up with perjury related to blowjobs.

Special council is different and weaker than special prosecutor

The law regarding an independent counsel that allowed Starr to go on a fishing expedition to find something to pin on Clinton to satisfy the Republicans because he couldn't find it regarding the original issue he was investigating expired. If Mueller wants to expand the investigation beyond its original scope, he has to get permission from the Justice department.

• Haha (+1) 1

The law regarding an independent counsel that allowed Starr to go on a fishing expedition to find something to pin on Clinton to satisfy the Republicans because he couldn't find it regarding the original issue he was investigating expired. If Mueller wants to expand the investigation beyond its original scope, he has to get permission from the Justice department.

Starr didn't have that authority. It was granted to him by a three judge panel.

shows how sleazy the Clintons are

perjury under oath is a serious offence

i guess if you are a Democrat you can find any excuse to throw away the application of the law

i don't agree with that kind of a democracy though.

"Perjury under oath"?

You and Putin both. You low information voters are a threat to our democracy/republic

The myth is believing that we still live in a functioning republic and democracy when every bit of reality shows us that we do not.

We live in an oligarchy. And low information voters who are more swayed by partisan rhetoric and who care more about "their team winning" than they care about restoring the republic are the key to its continuation.