RB Ben Tate would be a good replacement for Gillislee.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anything from JW since he got to Buffalo...He might have been still recovering from injury, I don't know, but I haven't seen anything that says he can produce like MG did in a back-up role...I do hope this RB from UB they picked up in UDFA sticks with the team tho...I've only seen his highlight video, but it looked pretty good

The kid from UB is shifty! His highlights are fun to watch.

Because he was not particularly impressive in limited snaps last year. Compared to MG who at the end of 2015 had already impressed in spot duty behind McCoy and Karlos. I hope we might have something in JW but I don't expect it at this stage.

I haven't seen anything from JW since he got to Buffalo...He might have been still recovering from injury, I don't know, but I haven't seen anything that says he can produce like MG did in a back-up role...I do hope this RB from UB they picked up in UDFA sticks with the team tho...I've only seen his highlight video, but it looked pretty good

Rookie season, 3rd stringer, limited snaps. It's not like this guy forgot how to play. Gillislee did nothing his rookie year. JW has a fine chance to do a good job this year.

I was really excited to see JW play last year. I was a fan in college. However, in the limited touches he got, he did not look good. IDK, if you can make a large enough hole or get him outside, he's got the wheels to make something happen, but it just looks like he lacks vision and doesn't hit the hole with any conviction.

At this point my hopes for JW have been grounded.I hope he proves me wrong.

The thing that makes JW good IS his vision. It's certainly not his speed or size... We didn't see it last year, but we barely saw him, and he was coming off of a major injury as a rookie in the NFL.

Because he was not particularly impressive in limited snaps last year. Compared to MG who at the end of 2015 had already impressed in spot duty behind McCoy and Karlos. I hope we might have something in JW but I don't expect it at this stage.

I agree, but my point is he is the guy until he proves otherwise in camp...and like Karlos last year, if he isn't getting the job done they will make a change this preseason. RB is the easiest plug and play position.

Sign me up. Personally I think we are waiting to see who gets cut by other teams and then scoop them. (like we did with TD Mike). No way "hope" for JW can be our actual strategy. What if Shady get's hurt? Then we have one RB with 30 NFL snaps?? I see some sort of vet coming in at some point. (DeAngelo Williams out there?)

Sign me up. Personally I think we are waiting to see who gets cut by other teams and then scoop them. (like we did with TD Mike). No way "hope" for JW can be our actual strategy. What if Shady get's hurt? Then we have one RB with 30 NFL snaps?? I see some sort of vet coming in at some point. (DeAngelo Williams out there?)

Mike Tolbert has 630 carries as an NFL RB.

RBs L. Blount and De. Williams are available and J. Stewart is also expected to be available at some point.

McD may just go for one of the former Carolina RBs (De. Williams, J. Stewart).

Ben Tate is washed up.

DeAngelo Williams is a stud. Pittsburgh never missed a beat when he was playing. Excellent receiver out of the backfield.

DeAngelo Williams is a stud. Pittsburgh never missed a beat when he was playing. Excellent receiver out of the backfield.

I was going to say I'm surprised D Williams never seems to come up in the RB discussion. He still looked strong last year when he filled in - and the obvious McD connection (plus chance to add another Williams!). Maybe he's not on McD's high character list...

he mentioned his foot was not healed last season, more recently.

just a line i read by chance.

I can see bringing in another back who would give Williams a run ( lol ) for his money. I would seriously

I think we might be under estimating how much Tolbert is going to be a part of this offense. I think we see alot more of him then people seem to expect.

I have been thinking the same since they brought him on. He could really wear a LB or S down

The thing that makes JW good IS his vision. It's certainly not his speed or size... We didn't see it last year, but we barely saw him, and he was coming off of a major injury as a rookie in the NFL.

Folks forget details on the 3rd RB up. Its fair.