Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

This is just my opinion.....but I think we are being frugal because waiting to see how Watkins looks this year....and if he overcomes the injuries is gonna get a massive contract. Or at the very least tagged

They are going to be FLUSH with cap room John. Not just the number that shows now but they will have other salary coming off the books.

And if you want Sammy to re-sign long term.........another losing season and replacing the QB he's bonded with all offseason with a rookie is not likely to help.

There is still time to get some depth in here but man they are looking ultra thin right now.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost more than MG........Gilmore, Woods, Zach Brown, Kujo........these guys were all big contributors and/or investments........and they used their entire draft to crap-shoot for replacements for productive NFL players.

Not to improve.......just to spackle over areas formerly of relative strength.

Fortunately the cupboard wasn't bare.....when you open it up the stuff in the front looks pretty decent still.........but it's to the point where there appears to be no depth on this team.

And we won't need to wait until September to find out if they've made the right calls passing on good depth/1A options to save a few bucks because it will manifest itself in camp when the hammy's, ACL's and achilles start poppin'.

I expect the Bills to have NO PROBLEM cutting down this roster and the last couple preseason games are going to be tough without being able to fill spots with other teams cuts..........Boobie and FJax might get the call yet! :lol:

I'll give you TD Mike as that was the biggest Front Office blunder. He should have been retained not only because he proved his worth but to also prevent him from going to NE.

Gilmore? Would have liked to retain him but he was not worth that contract given compared to what he showed on the field during his time in Buffalo. He may very well live up to it in NE but it was not justified here. I'm not fond of players who show up when they feel like it or when they're challenged, and that was Gilmore.

Woods? 8 mil a year for a 2/3 WR? No, case closed. No doubt a very nice compliment receiver when he sees his share of targets.

Z. Brown? Nice player but looking for the big payday that never came his way. I'm sure he had a comparable offer from Buffalo, but all things being equal and a chance to play closer to home? Bye Buffalo!

Kujo? No loss. Headcase that can only play LT competently because of a knee injury.

Personally I like the direction McD has plotted. No bandaids, no quick fixes, no retreads. There's a good amount of talent on this team but not enough for a ring and he knows that. His building this team as if it was 2-14 with long term success in mind. Heck, I've waited this long!

Edited by billsbackto81

I'll give you TD Mike as that was the biggest Front Office blunder. He should have been retained not only because he proved his worth but to also prevent him from going to NE.

Gilmore? Would have liked to retain him but he was not worth that contract given compared to what he showed on the field during his time in Buffalo. He may very well live up to it in NE but it was not justified here. I'm not fond of players who show up when they feel like it or when they're challenged, and that was Gilmore.

Woods? 8 mil a year for a 2/3 WR? No, case closed. No doubt a very nice compliment receiver when he sees his share of targets.

Z. Brown? Nice player but looking for the big payday that never came his way. I'm sure he had a comparable offer from Buffalo, but all things being equal and a chance to play closer to home? Bye Buffalo!

Kujo? No loss. Headcase that can only play LT competently because of a knee injury.

Personally I like the direction McD has plotted. No bandaids, no quick fixes, no retreads. There's a good amount of talent on this team but not enough for a ring and he knows that. His building this team as if it was 2-14 with long term success in mind. Heck, I've waited this long!

This. Although I doubt MG's absence is felt all that much, if at all. They've shown to be able to replace backup RBs. Edited by Doc

That's a nice list of free agents right there

CBF

It's very plausible -- even likely -- that Beane and McD already have a plan for how they intend to spend that money, and they're not going to blow that plan up for a couple of FAs this year who are not the missing pieces to the puzzle. Would they provide depth? Sure. The Bills are clearly only willing to pay a certain amount for depth, and I applaud the fiscal responsibility when they almost certainly have bigger plans for that money down the road.

Star Lotuleilei... -_-

Every good FA that leaves buffalo isn't worth the contract he got with his new team. No surprise.

And who needs a solid back up LT? Especially when the starting LT has been struggling with an ankle injury.

Thanks for the input McRuss.

Levitre 6yr/ 46.8 mil, was he worth it? Never made a Pro Bowl while in Buffalo.

Byrd 6yr/ 56 mil, was he worth it? I don't even have to go into this one, enough said.

Hogan 3yr/ 12 mil, was he worth it? Number 3 WR at best, pedestrian numbers, nice guy though.

Gilmore 5 yr/ 65 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not justified from looking at his tenure in Buffalo.

Mike G. 2yr/ 6.4 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not a starter here and maybe not a starter there either.

Solid back up LT?

According to the Buffalo News, police responded and found Kouandjio, wearing a T-shirt and underwear but no pants. He had parked his vehicle alongside a nearby highway that had been closed for hours due to a serious wreck.

"He was acting real confused, but he was no threat," a police source told the News at the time. Kouandjio was not arrested in connection with the incident.

I'll pass on that "solid" back up. Let's just agree to disagree, signed McRuss.

Edited by billsbackto81

Guys like Boldin and Barnidge will probably sign after camp breaks. Why sign now and have to move in to a dorm.

for pass catchers, it would be for reps and learning a new offense. I understand waiting until TC starts to sign, but waiting too long could inhibit productivity during the season for a WR or TE. Jmo

Guys like Boldin and Barnidge will probably sign after camp breaks. Why sign now and have to move in to a dorm.

Bills camp will probably break by 7:30 tonight or early tomorrow, so I'll look forward to those signings.

Levitre 6yr/ 46.8 mil, was he worth it? Never made a Pro Bowl while in Buffalo.

Byrd 6yr/ 56 mil, was he worth it? I don't even have to go into this one, enough said.

Hogan 3yr/ 12 mil, was he worth it? Number 3 WR at best, pedestrian numbers, nice guy though.

Gilmore 5 yr/ 65 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not justified from looking at his tenure in Buffalo.

Mike G. 2yr/ 6.4 mil, was he worth it? Debatable, not a starter here and maybe not a starter there either.

Solid back up LT?

According to the Buffalo News, police responded and found Kouandjio, wearing a T-shirt and underwear but no pants. He had parked his vehicle alongside a nearby highway that had been closed for hours due to a serious wreck.

"He was acting real confused, but he was no threat," a police source told the News at the time. Kouandjio was not arrested in connection with the incident.

I'll pass on that "solid" back up. Let's just agree to disagree, signed McRuss.

Not a strong argument against Levitre. London Fletcher never went to the Pro Bowl as a Bill either.

• 2 weeks later...

BB just said that they talked to Barnidge over the summer but "haven't really followed up on it".

I'm looking forward to the preseason games to get a better idea of the strength/weakness of the position. Barnidge would provide good depth this year, but I'd hate to lose one of O'Leary or Thomas, as they offer more long term talent at the position. Chance are Thomas would be relegated to the PS, and I'm sure someone would swipe him.