Gary Barnidge visited the Bills May 3rd

what happened to that dude? Had an elite year with nobody at QB with them a few years ago and then disappeared

He had a sports hernia last season.

Can someone explain how some players are just cut while others have to go thru waivers? Did Barnidge clear thru waivers without being claimed?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain how some players are just cut while others have to go thru waivers? Did Barnidge clear thru waivers without being claimed?

When you are a vested veteran you do not have to clear waivers, you can just sign with any team I think.

if the player is still on their rookie deal or has less than 4 years of service they go through waivers. Barnidge is 10 year vet so he is free to sign anywhere immediately. Edited by YoloinOhio

Why do people think Logan Thomas will contribute as a tight end,this year?

....why not?......guy has TE size and knows this may be his only NFL shot....doubtful QB ever becomes an option at this level....George Wilson made transition to safety........maybe this kid can do the same.....Barnridge would be the perfect tutor....

Because he was the top TE prospect coming out of high school that probably position switched to QB because that is the money position?

He has familiarity with the postiion even though there is a learning curve...and he certainly has the physical attributes.

The bills thought so because they did pay a little more to get him on a contract.

He is quite the wild card. He has played Tight End in High School and a little in college so it isn't completely foreign to him. I bet they will have packages for him this year but man if he catches the ball he will bulldoze the defensive players. He would have been drafted in the first round as a tight end if the Hokies didn't need him as a QB so bad.

He is quite the wild card. He has played Tight End in High School and a little in college so it isn't completely foreign to him. I bet they will have packages for him this year but man if he catches the ball he will bulldoze the defensive players. He would have been drafted in the first round as a tight end if the Hokies didn't need him as a QB so bad.

he was a WR in HS but then a TE prospect for college due to size ... VT wanted him to play QB

He a lot more experience as a pass catcher than Terrell Pryor ever did and I'd say he did ok

Leroi just said Beane is working behind the scenes. FWIW

Yeah !@#$ Leroi and the bus he rode in on. Not sure why everyone clamors for some yahoo to provide info.

How about we just wait for actual journalists to report it?

I would like. But unless the Bills gave him a ton of money, why would he ever sign here? His best bet might be to sign a one year deal and have a good season to cash in next year. A TE isnt boosting their value in our offense.

You're basing this off the last coaching staff though. The Kubiak/Dennison offenses have historically made good use of both their #1 and #2 TE. Joel Dreessen and Garrett Graham had decent production in Houston as the #2 guy. It didn't happen as much in Denver because Virgil Green is...well...not good. But they did use Green & Daniels on the field together frequently.

I'm not saying this would be the best opportunity, because I don't know who else is looking at him. But this would be a *good* opportunity for him based on the number of snaps available to the #2 TE on this offense and the lack of talent to push for said #2 spot.

Nobody is paying big money for a 31 or 32 year old TE with a season and a half of production.

Edited by JM57