Best available veteran FA's that might fit for Bills

No doubt the Bills still need to fill some holes.

From the below mentioned group I'd love to see the Bills sign Boldin, Byrd, Barnidge, McCourty and Shields.

Anquan Boldin

Michael Floyd

Jared Odrick

Jairus Byrd

Gary Barnidge

Ryan Clady

Josh Byrnes

Gerald Hodges

Jason McCourty

Sam Shields.

There's still a need at OLB so Hodges might be helpful as well.

Corey Graham is still out there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like Barnidge or just bring back Chris Gragg at TE

It like Verner at CB

I'd like Byrd at S, but I doubt they sign a S since they signed 2 already and added two hybrid LB/S types in the draft.

We desperately need LB. Wish we had signed Zach Brown. Perry Riley or Hodges would be welcome additions at this point.

and take a swing at Blount

$10.4 mill, according to Spotrac.

Before the rookies, who will likely be somewhere around $5-$6 mill, which since they'll be replacing some minimum salary guys will be an extra $4 mill or so.

For a team that, like most teams, goes into the season every year with around $6 mill in their pocket in case of injuries.

We don't have a lot. Now, there might be a few cuts that will free up space, but we just don't have much money to spend. Outside of UDFAs and a few very very cheap guys, I wouldn't expect much.

That account for the TD Mike money that went back on the cap?

That account for the TD Mike money that went back on the cap?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Yeah, unfortunately.

Maybe somebody can figure out how to rework a couple contracts and free up some money. Verner, maybe Pasztor, (TTackle, Cleveland)

It'd be easy to re-work the contracts.

And what it would do is move the problem down the road to next year. There's no way to make these problems disappear. Once you've paid a guy money, you have to account for it on the cap. No way around it.

And I love it that they're not doing that this year. They're suffering, losing guys they probably would like to keep like Gillislee and Gilmore and Zach and so on. They're suffering and dealing with the problem so that next year things will be significantly better. Love that.

But it means this year is not going to be a year when we can spend money.

Boldin & Byrd - 1yr vet minimun

I could be wrong, but I don't think either guy can be had for vet minimum. I'm betting it would take a couple of mill apiece, somewhere in that neighborhood.

Had read that the contracts of Glenn and Dareus would be workable. They are young healthy and not gling anywhere for awhile. A significant dollar could be converted into bonus without much worry about "kicking tje can down the road".

I am pulling for Byrd, especially since we did little to convincingly shore up WLB or safety in the draft. If we go big nickel, or even just normal nickel we could use him as our centerfielder, while Hyde can be the nickel or box safety as needed.

Ditto. I think that in this scheme, with his father as his position coach, and now that he finally seems healthy, he would excel.

And most importantly, as you stated, it would free up Hyde to be the swiss army knife that he SHOULD be in this defense. Hyde, to me, is not an every down classic safety. We need to add someone that IS so that Hyde can do his thing and maximize his value to the defense.

I'd like Barnidge or just bring back Chris Gragg at TE

It like Verner at CB

I'd like Byrd at S, but I doubt they sign a S since they signed 2 already and added two hybrid LB/S types in the draft.

We desperately need LB. Wish we had signed Zach Brown. Perry Riley or Hodges would be welcome additions at this point.

and take a swing at Blount

....Cragg had a decent upside and productive pre-season before the injury.....Barnidge could be the better choice with 8 seasons under his belt along with McCoach connection...he IS the boss (ask him).......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy