UDFA Wish List

Seeing as there's only 3 more rounds, it's time to start looking at UDFAs as the Bills will likely have to bring in around 17-20 players (UDFAs/Veteran UFAs) depending if they make any more moves today with picks.

Here are a few of my favorite players from smaller schools and a few from larger schools that may be undrafted.

WR/TE- Ricky Seals-Jones, Tex. A&M (6'5", 243lbs, 4.6): Redzone threat, can be split out wide or play as off the line TE.

Slot WR- Keevan Lucas, Tulsa (5'9", 192lbs, 4.5): 238 rec, 3200yds, 32 TDs in in 41 games.

RB- Justin Davis, USC (6'0, 208, 4.5): One cut & go, downhill runner.

C/G- Johnny Caspers, Stanford (6'4", 300, 5.4): Interior player with good feet, ZBS prospect.

CB- Jamal Agnew, San Diego (5'9", 185, 4.3): 48 PBU & 11 INTs, size concerns.

S- David Jones, Richmond (6'1", 205, 4.4): Playmaker but has history of injuries, 14 INTs

SS/LB- Josh Harvey-Clemons, Louisville (6'5", 228, 4.7): Tweener/sub package type of prospect.

OLB- Keenan Gilchrist, App. St (6'0", 230, 4.5): WLB prospect, totaled 25 TFL & 7.5 sacks

OLB- Ukeme Eligwe, Georgia Southern (6'1", 235, 4.5): Older prospect but HWS guy.

DT- Aaron Curry, TCU (6'1, 280, 4.8): 16 TFL and 10 sacks in 3 yrs, pass rushing 3 tech

DT- Patrick Ricard, Maine (6'3", 300, 5.0): 18 career sacks

Seeing as there's only 3 more rounds, it's time to start looking at UDFAs as the Bills will likely have to bring in around 17-20 players (UDFAs/Veteran UFAs) depending if they make any more moves today with picks.

Here are a few of my favorite players from smaller schools and a few from larger schools that may be undrafted.

WR/TE- Ricky Seals-Jones, Tex. A&M (6'5", 243lbs, 4.6): Redzone threat, can be split out wide or play as off the line TE.

Slot WR- Keevan Lucas, Tulsa (5'9", 192lbs, 4.5): 238 rec, 3200yds, 32 TDs in in 41 games.

RB- Justin Davis, USC (6'0, 208, 4.5): One cut & go, downhill runner.

C/G- Johnny Caspers, Stanford (6'4", 300, 5.4): Interior player with good feet, ZBS prospect.

CB- Jamal Agnew, San Diego (5'9", 185, 4.3): 48 PBU & 11 INTs, size concerns.

S- David Jones, Richmond (6'1", 205, 4.4): Playmaker but has history of injuries, 14 INTs

SS/LB- Josh Harvey-Clemons, Louisville (6'5", 228, 4.7): Tweener/sub package type of prospect.

OLB- Keenan Gilchrist, App. St (6'0", 230, 4.5): WLB prospect, totaled 25 TFL & 7.5 sacks

OLB- Ukeme Eligwe, Georgia Southern (6'1", 235, 4.5): Older prospect but HWS guy.

DT- Aaron Curry, TCU (6'1, 280, 4.8): 16 TFL and 10 sacks in 3 yrs, pass rushing 3 tech

DT- Patrick Ricard, Maine (6'3", 300, 5.0): 18 career sacks

Thanks for the post. One of the things I hope McD is better at is finding UDFA talent. Let me throw in one more:

QB - Sefo Liufau, Colorado (6'3", 232) - I'm not seeing any great divide between him and some of the expected late-round QB draftees, and if Liufau had been able to stay healthy (a concern), he has the talent/productivity to have been a 3rd/4th rounder.

Thanks for the post. One of the things I hope McD is better at is finding UDFA talent. Let me throw in one more:

QB - Sefo Liufau, Colorado (6'3", 232) - I'm not seeing any great divide between him and some of the expected late-round QB draftees, and if Liufau had been able to stay healthy (a concern), he has the talent/productivity to have been a 3rd/4th rounder.

I am thinking Whaley is still going to be largely responsible for finding UDFA talent even though McDermott may have predominantly chosen those top round picks.

I hope they get Mason Schreck from the University of Buffalo (tight end) for camp fodder at least - whether or not he makes the team.

Wouldn't it make sense to wait and see who goes undrafted?

not necessarily. As we can start to look at who may be there now in order to plan ahead and study these players so we can proclaim them to the next darick Rodgers.

Darick, ahhhhh that was a good time.

Got any UDFA's ideas Boyst? Curious.

I haven't said this because it is just such a sad thing to say but two years of Rex Ryan honestly made me not give a **** about football. By mid season 2015 I checked out. By the end of the season I was done. after week 1 this year I stopped caring or keeping track even to college football. The guy got to me that much and what he did. Watching play after play wondering why he called stupid **** back to back; which is why what's his name the oc now out west will fail. They're both terrible. Edited by Boyst62

I haven't said this because it is just such a sad thing to say but two years of Rex Ryan honestly made me not give a **** about football. By mid season 2015 I checked out. By the end of the season I was done. after week 1 this year I stopped caring or keeping track even to college football. The guy got to me that much and what he did. Watching play after play wondering why he called stupid **** back to back; which is why what's his name the oc now out west will fail. They're both terrible.

Damn man... you're really down in the dumps. The Ryan circus was brutal and instead of taking the logical step forward, Marrone left and we fell apart. I was miserable after hearing Doug was on to greener pastures and it eventually worked out for him in Jacksonville. He WILL turn that team around! (Granted I'm originally from Cuse so I'm partial) If he had stayed and was given the contract extension he asked for (which IMO was warranted considering our record) we'd be in our happy place today. Instead Buffalo got Rexed.

However, I can't help but wipe the slate clean each year and hold onto hope that it is always darkest before the dawn. If that truly is the case then Bills fans are mole people.. and I can dig it.

not necessarily. As we can start to look at who may be there now in order to plan ahead and study these players so we can proclaim them to the next darick Rodgers.

:D But seriously ... finding useful UDFAs is something the Bills haven't been very good at lately. And we have a pretty good idea of who's going to go undrafted already - that's what's happened as the draft market has become more and more transparent and efficient.

EDIT: that's Da'Rick to you. As in THE Rick.

For a laugh, and to show how Hope Springs Eternal: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/26/argonauts-hope-they-unearthed-another-receiving-gem-in-darick-rogers

He got to be a hidden gem three times. First as a Bills UDFA, then with a so-called savvy pickup by the Colts, and then ...

He signed with the Toronto Argonauts last summer, but I don't see any stats so I'm assuming he didn't become a CFL star either. But he is right up the road!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I heard Gil Brandt say that the Bills and Steelers are the only teams that met with Liufau.

:D But seriously ... finding useful UDFAs is something the Bills haven't been very good at lately. And we have a pretty good idea of who's going to go undrafted already - that's what's happened as the draft market has become more and more transparent and efficient.

EDIT: that's Da'Rick to you. As in THE Rick.

For a laugh, and to show how Hope Springs Eternal: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/26/argonauts-hope-they-unearthed-another-receiving-gem-in-darick-rogers

He got to be a hidden gem three times. First as a Bills UDFA, then with a so-called savvy pickup by the Colts, and then ...

He signed with the Toronto Argonauts last summer, but I don't see any stats so I'm assuming he didn't become a CFL star either. But he is right up the road!

And when we do hit on them we let em walk like NRC. Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**