Just when I think the Bills finally got smart...

i have no clue how anyone can have huge issues with this years draft... got what appear to be starters at all 3 spots of need. used picks in the mid to late rounds to move up and get guys they had obviously evaluated and the new coach regime liked....

this is my first couple days here on this board and from what i'm seeing the same people that b*tched and moaned on BBMB day in and day out are holding serve here...... so that's fun.

the premium some are placing on the mid to late round picks feels to me like its just another reason for them to complain some more. i bet some don't really even value them that much. but its makes for convenient ammo to use to find a way to be ticked off about something.

solid draft. no real reaches. filling holes. added a first rounder next year...... maybe find a steal in the later rounds who knows..... what the hell is all the fuss about. geez.

pretty much, yeah.

Dak Prescott

Yep, crap shoot.

I stand by my statement.

I didn't expect you to change your mind. I'm sure the cowboys expected him to suck when they drafted him. ' Zeke Elliott' ?????? who thought he would be any good.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...it is in the sense that you cannot measure what is in a guy's head and heart....invent the "Head 'n Heart" meter to find out what makes 'em tick and you'll be a billionaire.....look at the ones on the eve of the draft, looking at potentially millions, getting in trouble.....

or cussing and swearing on live national tv right after they get picked telling the league to "fine me later"....... i bet the falcons were wincing immediately after making that pick when they had to watch that. i mean i'm no saint and don't have the cleanest vocab, but he just looked like a d-bag. lol

or cussing and swearing on live national tv right after they get picked telling the league to "fine me later"....... i bet the falcons were wincing immediately after making that pick when they had to watch that. i mean i'm no saint and don't have the cleanest vocab, but he just looked like a d-bag. lol

I didn't see the whole thing, but didn't he drop one f bomb? Or was there more?

Dak Prescott

Yep, crap shoot.

I stand by my statement.

using the exception instead of the rule as the basis of your argument isn't an awesome strategy. there are always outliers.

I didn't see the whole thing, but didn't he drop one f bomb? Or was there more?

G*d damn was in there...... i get he was excited but i was embarrassed for him. he looked like an idiot.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

using the exception instead of the rule as the basis of your argument isn't an awesome strategy. there are always outliers.

G*d damn was in there...... i get he was excited but i was embarrassed for him. he looked like an idiot.

yeah, but that plays with a lot of people unfortunately. It's like it's wrong to smile and act happy.

they get all Billsy on Day 2.

I was so proud and excited that the Bills traded down from 10 to add more draft picks - including a first-rounder in 2018. The smart teams know that the NFL Draft is a crapshoot of massive proportion - and the only solution is to accumulate as many picks as possible to increase odds that the players you draft are good. Then let them battle it out in training camp.

But no. They trade up and give up picks NOT ONCE...BUT TWICE.

No one wastes draft picks like the Buffalo Bills.

They simply cannot help themselves. They get tunnel vision on one player and are so damn paranoid that others value their guy like they do (ego) that they shoot themselves in the foot by giving away valuable picks. It's absurd how perennially dumb our organization is.

It's as if each person who is hired by the Bills gets a lobotomy on their first day as employees. It's the most realistic explanation I can come up with.

Say it with me.

5th round picks. 5th round picks. We had 4 we had 4.

The only trade up I was skeptical was Jones. Thought he might be there at the original pick. But I do think they did right in jumping Carolina for Dawkins. Although honestly, I like Moton, but Moton is not a good Tackle Prospect so I think jumping the Panthers was the right move because they most likely would have taken Dawkins there. I think this is a very solid haul of players. I get that we need more players, but I think they are going with the idea of quality over quantity and that we will have plenty of quantity come in after the draft

The only trade up I was skeptical was Jones. Thought he might be there at the original pick. But I do think they did right in jumping Carolina for Dawkins. Although honestly, I like Moton, but Moton is not a good Tackle Prospect so I think jumping the Panthers was the right move because they most likely would have taken Dawkins there. I think this is a very solid haul of players. I get that we need more players, but I think they are going with the idea of quality over quantity and that we will have plenty of quantity come in after the draft

Carolina was taking Jones too.

solid draft. no real reaches. filling holes. added a first rounder next year...... maybe find a steal in the later rounds who knows..... what the hell is all the fuss about. geez.

That's the bottom line.

Frankly, I think the most important issue the Bills had going into the draft was quarterback. It's always about the quarterback. The Bills have a quarterback they think might be their long-term starter. They're not sure. They want to see him one more year before they write him a big check or let him go. They needed a contingency plan in case they decide next year they don't want Taylor.

There were two ways to go on a contingency plan. One was draft a QB this season, in the first or second round. The problem with that was that if Taylor turns out to be the guy, you've wasted the pick. The better way to go was what they did - put yourself in a position go after a QB next year if you decide you need one. The trade down in the first round did that for them very nicely - they still got a nice first-round talent, and they now have two picks next year to package if they have to move up in the draft.

And if Taylor has a good season and the Bills decided to ride with him, they have two first-round picks next season to build with.

It was the right move.

We'll never know for sure, but I also think that was probably the case

When they draft in the same exact position that the Bills did right after.

There is no coincidence that we got in front of Carolina both times. Get readt for us to hire some people from their FO after draft.

When they draft in the same exact position that the Bills did right after.

There is no coincidence that we got in front of Carolina both times. Get readt for us to hire some people from their FO after draft.

Do you think someone in their FO was leaking info to McD?

I do think that could be a possibility. Specially if we start hiring scouts from them after draft.

Once OK. But twice in a same round that is no coincidence

I highly doubt that.

I think it was more of a case of McDermott being intimately aware of the areas that Carolina felt they needed to address.

I'm not a negative nelly, I just wish the Bills were smarter with their picks. The less you have the less room there is for error. If McDermott really is running this draft that is especially concerning to me. He's a coach, not a scout. He has no background in college talent evaluation. So why should we believe he knows better than everyone else in the room, that this player is worth 2 picks while other teams haven't spent 1 pick on him yet? I like the players picked, no crazy reaches and they fill needs, but the truth is no one knows how they will fare in the NFL.

Didn't McDermott start off as a scout or something that Department?

I highly doubt that.

I think it was more of a case of McDermott being intimately aware of the areas that Carolina felt they needed to address.

Once ok.

But exactly in front of them twice AND took the exact position.

It like he knew exactly what thier board looked like

By some people's bitching you'd think the Bills had LOST draft value over the first two days. One of the reasons draft pick value is accumulated is so that a team can maneuver to get wanted players that have good value relative to where they are available. IOW, if a player falls a team that has extra draft capital can go get him.

Agree. However, there are professional naysayers on this board; everything is wrong; nothing is good; unless what they want to happen happens and even then there might be a jaded take. It is annoying.

We haven't made the playoffs in 19 years, and yet these naysayers still manage to find things to complain about. Unbelievable!