Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I could very easily be wrong but imo, Mayfield's draft position will be greatly influenced by his playoff performance(s).  NFL teams might be reluctant to pass on him if he lights it up. Not drafting Watson bit a lot of teams in the ass, including the Bills.

I can't see Mayfield dropping to the Bills unless he completely tanks.

Then we trade up, I think this kid is Russel Wilson but a better passer.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I hope not! I only saw him in one game, and his accuracy reminded me of EJ. I never bothered to watch him again. I don’t need any more of that! :huh:

Pretty much, except that ej accuracy was all over the place; short, high, low behind, honestly have never seen anyone like ej.

I really wanted Allen to be good and watched a half dozen of his games and was only impressed by one. I'm going to watch his bowl game but not expecting much.

This clip is about 4:40 minutes where Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks compare the differences between Rosen and Darnold. 

Dan Patrick on his show stated that a scout he talked to told him that he believed that Drew Lock from Missouri will go up the draft rankings just as Mahomes did. 

The attached link is a 4 minute clip of highlights from Drew Lock. 

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

This clip is about 4:40 minutes where Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks compare the differences between Rosen and Darnold. 

Dan Patrick on his show stated that a scout he talked to told him that he believed that Drew Lock from Missouri will go up the draft rankings just as Mahomes did. 

The attached link is a 4 minute clip of highlights from Drew Lock. 

Is lock coming out?

Wonder if Jeff's Magic will like him  :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is lock coming out?

Wonder if Jeff's Magic will like him  :devil:

From what I know it is still an open question. If his ranking goes up, as I expect, he should be more inclined to leave. We should know pretty soon. My feeling is the more qbs in the mix the better it is for the Bills. 

Maybe JeffisMagic will come out of the shadows. I tried to take him under my wing and have him tone his passion down. The community got tired of his zealotry and responded by burning him at the stake. Maybe there will be a reincarnation? :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

From what I know it is still an open question. If his ranking goes up, as I expect, he should be more inclined to leave. We should know pretty soon. My feeling is the more qbs in the mix the better it is for the Bills. 

Maybe JeffisMagic will come out of the shadows. I tried to take him under my wing and have him tone his passion down. The community got tired of his zealotry and responded by burning him at the stake. Maybe there will be a reincarnation? :ph34r:

No thanks, don't have time for whimps. I have taken more than one beating here and am still here, don't need babies here.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nah, he's at rumblings. I just don't like to name the competition.

They have a forum?

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

JeffisMagic is a big Mayfield fan.  So am I, for what it's worth.

Me too but now I'm wondering ;)

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No thanks, don't have time for whimps. I have taken more than one beating here and am still here, don't need babies here.

The beatings that you sometimes are subjected to are for your own good. When you go too far astray members try to knock some sense into you and get you back on the path to rationality. It's called tough love. Consider that boot up your arse as an old school approach to discipline.  Affection, and not meanness, is behind the disciplining kick. Your arse has become so calloused that you are able to stoically  withstand an arse whipping. The disciplinarians are so impressed with your pain tolerance that you have earned the moniker of being a "hard arse".  :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Boom or bust?

I like him. I'd prefer Rudolph but Allen shows flashes of Big Ben, a comparison I made a week before this article was posted. I think between Rudolph and Allen, if given the opportunity would solve our QB issue for the next 10 years. This is a great year to take a QB, I'd be thoroughly disappointed if we passed on Rudolph or Allen.

I prefer Allen to some of the other QBs in this class because I don't just blindly look at stats.  (Not saying any fans here do that that state their opinion).  I just have watched Allen a lot and have seen just how terrible his team is around him and don't care about his stats.  I've seen him throw the ball and fit the ball into tight windows.  He has the best arm strength in this draft in my opinion and his accuracy isn't as bad as it seems.  A lot of times his teammates drop the ball.  His offensive line has been horrible yet he's still been able to escape the pressure and keep his eyes down the field to complete passes.  He has made some outstanding plays when under pressure and he doesn't need to set his feet all the time as his accuracy and arm strength can overcome that.  He's thrown some big time NFL passes with zip and on target.  Some of the other prospects make me question their arm.  

He has the size and mobility that all teams dream of.  Unfortunately, his college team hasn't helped him see his potential.  He's not on a team that has a lot of other NFL talents like every other QB has in this class.  Some of those QBs have offensive lineman that will be top picks, some have wide receivers and tight ends that will be draft high in the draft as well.  I see some of the other QBs as guys that benefit from their situations and don't quite have the talent that the statlines show.  This guy is working with nothing.  Watch the game friday at 4:00.  I'm hoping he shows just how great his talent can be in that game.  I'm rooting for the kid and think he's the best option for this team assuming Rosen and Darnold are already snatched up.  

His bust potential is high, yes, but are any of these guys sure things?  I don't think so.  I don't think anyone can say any college QB prospect is a surefire thing based on past busts.  That being said, I like the idea of taking the guy with the potential to have the best ability.  We may have to be a little patient with the guy as the learning curve will be big for him but this fanbase has shown that they have trouble being patient with a QB and come to conclusions very early in a QBs career.  Whoever we get, I hope we will be patient and not run him out of town. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is one of the bigger games that Mason Rudolph had this year.  TCU has a solid defense and has always been known for their defense. Rudolph had a horribly frustrating game.  Missing easy throws, showing inconsistent footwork, lacking awareness in the pocket and throwing a pair of picks in the loss.  He had a 53.7 completion percentage in this game.  He has great wide outs and most of his incompletions were on him.  He put up a dud in this game.  

Against Oklahoma he had a 51.9 completion percentage and 2 picks as well.  Those were the two biggest games he had this year and the two toughest defenses he faced and he bombed in my opinion.  He showed a slew of deficiencies.  He doesn't excite me like some of the other QBs in this class.  I would be very concerned if we drafted him.  I don't see him as a first round pick but more of a high two, like Andy Dalton was.  Too many things he's not consistent with, he hasn't shown up in big games this year so far and he has a weaker arm.  His stats are extremely inflated due to the system he runs which doesn't have him under center and his receivers get a ton of YAC.

I have a very hard time getting behind drafting Rudolph.

I can't even imagine what he'd do against an SEC defense like Alabama.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.