Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It was stated on the bottom line ticker of NFL live, that Darnold wouldn't stay in if a team like Cleveland had the top pick.

This tells me he is a good kid and will make the decision that is best for him.

Man, what a year to actually try to win with a below average QB that won’t even be on the roster next year...if both Darnold and Rosen declare this could be one of the biggest blunders McD ever makes. #QBpurgatoryforever

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Man, what a year to actually try to win with a below average QB that won’t even be on the roster next year...if both Darnold and Rosen declare this could be one of the biggest blunders McD ever makes. #QBpurgatoryforever

Well....it’s hard to stick with FIVE picks in a first half!  Try to break a record? 

It’s comical, and even my kids say I’m not as intense as I used to be. It will work out, it has to given enough time. But I’m no spring chicken.....

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well....it’s hard to stick with FIVE picks in a first half!  Try to break a record? 

It’s comical, and even my kids say I’m not as intense as I used to be. It will work out, it has to given enough time. But I’m no spring chicken.....

I hear ya...and It’s not even about Peterman...it’s about how we had a shot at one of top QBs last year and passed...and now we have won too many games this year for top QB...if the Giants get Darnold or Rosen after having Manning the last 14 years, I just might take the bridge :lol: 

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s not even about Peterman...it’s about how we had a shot at one of top QBs last year and passed...and now we have won too many games this year for top QB...if the Giants get Darnold or Rosen after having Manning the last 14 years, I just might take the bridge :lol: 

We have the ammo if there’s a guy they love. Have faith! 

(But NO jumping!) 

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Well you can't blame coaches for trying to win. However this is why I wanted Peterman to start the season, that way we see what he has and if it's all bad then we can get the top pick and pick who we want.

If we don't get the chosen two, I'm all in on Mayfield , after that get one when we can.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya...and It’s not even about Peterman...it’s about how we had a shot at one of top QBs last year and passed...and now we have won too many games this year for top QB...if the Giants get Darnold or Rosen after having Manning the last 14 years, I just might take the bridge :lol: 

I have to say I would be very happy with either of these guys but would not be disappointed with Mayfield or Rudolph.

Anyone here had the chance to watch Drew Lock from Mizzou play?   Looked into him a bit and started to get interested in the schedule he played against this year.  From what I looked at he seemed pretty successful against some very tough pass defenses.   Main issue looks to be accuracy but I havent seen enough games to know whether drops had anything to do with it.

He is only a junior so its possible he doesnt declare, but given his size and success against good teams I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up the late climber before the draft,

On November 27, 2017 at 7:14 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hmmm, so Mayock is intrigued with Lamar Jackson.

On November 28, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It was stated on the bottom line ticker of NFL live, that Darnold wouldn't stay in if a team like Cleveland had the top pick.

A good kid or a spoiled primadonna.

"I don't know that [playing the other QBs] will give us all the info, but it's better than nothing," Mara said, per NJ.com.

"Obviously, we'll have a high draft pick and there will be QBs available."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000885229/article/giants-owner-no-guarantees-ben-mcadoos-job-is-safe

It would cost a lot of draft picks to move up the next draft .

On 11/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Browns should tell him off the record they will take Rosen so he could go #2 . 

You can't predict a big trade up especially this year after seeing Goff and Wentz look well worth it. RG3 oops

I've not been a Mayfield guy from the start but the more I watch him...the more he surprises me.  His height is obviously a giant question mark that at first I wasn't able to overlook.  Not even being 6 foot makes me nervous to say the least.  However, Mayfield has a left tackle that is 6'8" in Brown.  That's difficult to disregard.  He's been very productive and shows a passion for the game that I love to watch.  But...then his antics come into play.  Not what any team is looking for in that regard.  Johnny Man, Jameis Winston and Cam Newton all come to mind when thinking about his antics.  While Cam and Jameis are still good players...they aren't the leader that I want for my team.  

If we draft him...I'll hold my breath but he could turn out to be great too.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I've not been a Mayfield guy from the start but the more I watch him...the more he surprises me.  His height is obviously a giant question mark that at first I wasn't able to overlook.  Not even being 6 foot makes me nervous to say the least.  However, Mayfield has a left tackle that is 6'8" in Brown.  That's difficult to disregard.  He's been very productive and shows a passion for the game that I love to watch.  But...then his antics come into play.  Not what any team is looking for in that regard.  Johnny Man, Jameis Winston and Cam Newton all come to mind when thinking about his antics.  While Cam and Jameis are still good players...they aren't the leader that I want for my team.  

If we draft him...I'll hold my breath but he could turn out to be great too.

His teammates consider him a good leader, that's good enough for me. I wouldn't compare him to those other bums.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.