Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Seriously?! That is the stupidest thing ever.

I just read something that it was only 2 plays. I guess he didn't start. Not much of a benching, but he also wasn't a captain on senior day. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Watching the game now, Mayfield was only out the first series. Got to say the more I watch him the more I like the way he throws the ball, can also play in the pocket and use the whole field. 

Some seemed turned off by his attitude but to me it's just his competitiveness and take no BS mindset. He doesn't have any off the field issues and all his "problems" have to with defending his team.

Game getting feisty , the Oklahoma olineman getting ejected was ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watching the game now, Mayfield was only out the first series. Got to say the more I watch him the more I like the way he throws the ball, can also play in the pocket and use the whole field. 

Some seemed turned off by his attitude but to me it's just his competitiveness and take no BS mindset. He doesn't have any off the field issues and all his "problems" have to with defending his team.

Game getting feisty , the Oklahoma olineman getting ejected was ridiculous.

Mayfield looked like a leader during those "feisty" interactions then ran around like an excited little kid after it was done.  It would appear that he took his lessons to heart and showed both his athletic and leadership skills while on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

A blueprint for the QB-needy

"You have to find a way to win games with a youngster, which may require using some of their college stuff early in their careers ... Some coaches will resist doing it, but if you're going to win with a young guy, you need to meet them halfway."

The Rams are really the team that others should watch, based on Goff's transformation this season under first-year head coach Sean McVay.

The second-year passer was widely viewed as a bust after a dismal seven-game showing as a rookie, but the team's new head coach has helped him play at an MVP level this year.

McVay's clever scheming has put Goff in his comfort zone and increased his big-play production while reducing his miscues. He has blended some quicks and Air Raid staples into a game plan that also features a play-action passing game stocked with vertical routes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000882364/article/a-blueprint-for-the-qbneedy-saints-making-most-of-drew-brees

6 hours ago, ALF said:

"You have to find a way to win games with a youngster, which may require using some of their college stuff early in their careers ... Some coaches will resist doing it, but if you're going to win with a young guy, you need to meet them halfway."

The Rams are really the team that others should watch, based on Goff's transformation this season under first-year head coach Sean McVay.

The second-year passer was widely viewed as a bust after a dismal seven-game showing as a rookie, but the team's new head coach has helped him play at an MVP level this year.

McVay's clever scheming has put Goff in his comfort zone and increased his big-play production while reducing his miscues. He has blended some quicks and Air Raid staples into a game plan that also features a play-action passing game stocked with vertical routes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000882364/article/a-blueprint-for-the-qbneedy-saints-making-most-of-drew-brees

Could even do this with a veteran... (Minnesota)

McVay might be the start of younger coaches coming in and finally changing the NFL. There's a huge disconnect right now between the offenses of college vs the offenses in the NFL. Tons of teams in the NCAA score a whole lot of points but rarely do you see the QBs of those teams being mentioned as high draft picks or the next big thing. Why not identify a guy that is successful and build an offense that fits what he does well? I'm starting to think it doesn't matter who you pick, all that matters is the coaching staff and their ability to maximize the effectiveness of the personnel they have. Pick one of these top guys and build an offense that fits what they do.

15 hours ago, ALF said:

This is exactly what we need when we draft Baker 

9 hours ago, Luka said:

Could even do this with a veteran... (Minnesota)

McVay might be the start of younger coaches coming in and finally changing the NFL. There's a huge disconnect right now between the offenses of college vs the offenses in the NFL. Tons of teams in the NCAA score a whole lot of points but rarely do you see the QBs of those teams being mentioned as high draft picks or the next big thing. Why not identify a guy that is successful and build an offense that fits what he does well? I'm starting to think it doesn't matter who you pick, all that matters is the coaching staff and their ability to maximize the effectiveness of the personnel they have. Pick one of these top guys and build an offense that fits what they do.

You still need a good QB, can't have a bum out there as they will get exposed once defenses figure him out. Have to have a guy who can learn pro concepts as well.

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is exactly what we need when we draft Baker 

You still need a good QB, can't have a bum out there as they will get exposed once defenses figure him out. Have to have a guy who can learn pro concepts as well.

I was being slightly hyperbolic. Obviously within reason lol but I agree.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.