Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Give me Rudolph in the 2nd round!

Do you think there’s a chance he falls to the 2nd round? I don’t. But I can wish!!!

Watching the score last night was like watching a National Debt ticker racing along. Or the reverse of one of those how much time is left until the next St Patricks day...

This year, with Tyrod having 1 year left on his favorable contract, would clearly be the best year to get your guy, regardless if we have to trade up to get him or not.  However, the class has started to look very mediocre, and downright passable. 

Any year that we want to sacrifice next year's draft we can always trade our current 1st + next years + to get the pick we desire to get the QB who we think is the future.  The greatness of what we've done from last draft is that we would most likely find a trade where at most we'd give up 2 of our 3 firsts in the next 2 years.

I gotta feeling that we (unless we move up a handful of spots to leapfrog a team ) stay  where we are in the draft and look for WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, with our Day 1 - 2 picks.

The only QB given this year's situation that I do like, that would fit well with everything, is Lamar Jackson.  He's a taller Tyrod with a higher ceiling.  He'd get to sit behind Tyrod, who by a lot of aspects is one of the most similar pro QBs to Lamar Jackson, and learn while Tyrod finishes out his contract.  Ideally then after a year of sitting, we'd think it would be time to move on with LJ, freeing up a lot of cap space since we'd have LJ on a much cheaper 4 year deal.

8 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

This year, with Tyrod having 1 year left on his favorable contract, would clearly be the best year to get your guy, regardless if we have to trade up to get him or not.  However, the class has started to look very mediocre, and downright passable. 

Any year that we want to sacrifice next year's draft we can always trade our current 1st + next years + to get the pick we desire to get the QB who we think is the future.  The greatness of what we've done from last draft is that we would most likely find a trade where at most we'd give up 2 of our 3 firsts in the next 2 years.

I gotta feeling that we (unless we move up a handful of spots to leapfrog a team ) stay  where we are in the draft and look for WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, with our Day 1 - 2 picks.

The only QB given this year's situation that I do like, that would fit well with everything, is Lamar Jackson.  He's a taller Tyrod with a higher ceiling.  He'd get to sit behind Tyrod, who by a lot of aspects is one of the most similar pro QBs to Lamar Jackson, and learn while Tyrod finishes out his contract.  Ideally then after a year of sitting, we'd think it would be time to move on with LJ, freeing up a lot of cap space since we'd have LJ on a much cheaper 4 year deal.

I'm pushing my chips to the center of the table LC

On 11/5/2017 at 8:09 PM, kdiggz said:

Johnny Manziel v2.0

Thats exactly how I see him. He is a small gimmick QB second... maybe but not in the first

4 hours ago, the skycap said:

I'm pushing my chips to the center of the table LC

I also think Lamar is Tyrod. Riskier taller and more athletic. If they like Tyrod they love Lamar

Edited by Agent 91

I like Lamar, too. I think he can grow. Rudolph and Mayfield scare me. I wouldn't hate either but I don't want to trade up for either either. And that's too many eithers.

I would love to get Rosen because I think he is the only real good prospect but I don't think we are getting him. Darnold likely stays.

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like Lamar, too. I think he can grow. Rudolph and Mayfield scare me. I wouldn't hate either but I don't want to trade up for either either. And that's too many eithers.

I would love to get Rosen because I think he is the only real good prospect but I don't think we are getting him. Darnold likely stays.

What makes you so wary of Mayfield and Rudolph? Mayfield is dynamic and Rudolph has prototypical size and talents. I haven't seen too much of Rosen but from what I have seen he makes all the pro throws. What scares me about him is that he has gotten to be so battered with concussion injuries added to his numerous injuries. 

If you can watch a portion of the Okla/OklaSt game you will be stunned by the dynamism of Mayfield. You will also be impressed with how Rudolph's abilities translates to the pro game. I have little qualms with either players. I also like Lamar Jackson a lot but recognize he is more of a project. 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

What makes you so wary of Mayfield and Rudolph? Mayfield is dynamic and Rudolph has prototypical size and talents. I haven't seen too much of Rosen but from what I have seen he makes all the pro throws. What scares me about him is that he has gotten to be so battered with concussion injuries added to his numerous injuries. 

If you can watch a portion of the Okla/OklaSt game you will be stunned by the dynamism of Mayfield. You will also be impressed with how Rudolph's abilities translates to the pro game. I have little qualms with either players. I also like Lamar Jackson a lot but recognize he is more of a project. 

I watched the entire game live.

Rudolph looks pretty good but is slow. I think he gets killed in the NFL but I like his arm and the way he throws. I fear he's Mike Glennon. Mayfield is dynamic but he's really small. Like 5'11" small. Very, very few guys can overcome that. I agree with the Johnny Eightball comparisons. I thought Manziel could succeed in the NFL and he was better than Mayfield in college. Could have been his ten cent head that doomed him but it could have been size and playing style, too.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I watched the entire game live.

Rudolph looks pretty good but is slow. I think he gets killed in the NFL but I like his arm and the way he throws. I fear he's Mike Glennon. Mayfield is dynamic but he's really small. Like 5'11" small. Very, very few guys can overcome that. I agree with the Johnny Eightball comparisons. I thought Manziel could succeed in the NFL and he was better than Mayfield in college. Could have been his ten cent head that doomed him but it could have been size and playing style, too.

Any thoughts on Lamar Jackson?  Is he Tyrod with a higher ceiling?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Any thoughts on Lamar Jackson?  Is he Tyrod with a higher ceiling?

That's what I think. Last year I didn't think he was good enough. He made a quantum leap this year and what no one knows is if he is capable of doing it again in the pros. If he can he could be very good. None of these guys are sure things, obviously, so I don't really want to spend more than one of our firsts on any of them. But if the Bills choose either Jackson, Rudolph or Mayfield with one of our first rounders and still have the extra first and two seconds, I will definitely be on board. I would trade up to get Rosen I think but the cost may be prohibitive. We need a lot of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.