Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

I'm on board the Josh Allen train.

If he has a good year he will be a top five lock. Seriously looks like Big Ben, I believe he has a shot at greatness. Hopefully we don't screw a trade up to secure a franchise QB this year.

I really hope KC gives us a top ten pick this year. I think they had the worst offseason in their division this year so its possible.

Edited by billspro

If he has a good year he will be a top five lock. Seriously looks like Big Ben, I believe he has a shot at greatness. Hopefully we don't screw a trade up to secure a franchise QB this year.

I really hope KC gives us a top ten pick this year. I think they had the worst offseason in their division this year so its possible.

I expect us to somehow manage to be mediocre, so I am hoping KC flops. If we are picking 10 to 15 and the KC pick is in the twenties, that probably doesn't get you close to a franchise qb unless the 2018 class really is four to six deep.

I think when all is said and done, Allen and Falk will go top 5 because they are the safest of the QBs...Rosen and Mayfield will go in the top 15 because they have some character question marks...and i think Mason Rudolph will go by the end of the 1st.

Edited by JaCrispy

I think when all is said and done, Allen and Falk will go top 5 because they are the safest of the QBs...Rosen and Mayfield will go in the top 15 because they have some character question marks...and i think Mason Rudolph will go by the end of the 1st.

You left out Darnold.

You left out Darnold.

You left out Darnold.

I think he stays in school...if he came out i believe he would only be a sophomore, so i can't really see him coming out...therefore, i think our best bets are Allen and Falk if Rosen is the head case people are saying he is and Mayfield is a hot head and was arrested.

Edited by JaCrispy

My guess is after a year of scrutiny, probably two will shake out as above the rest. It's a question whether we will be in a position to get one of them. The extra first isn't all that helpful, as I indicated above, if it is in the twenties. Also, if the two worst teams need a franchise qb, unlikely they are going to trade out.

My guess is after a year of scrutiny, probably two will shake out as above the rest. It's a question whether we will be in a position to get one of them. The extra first isn't all that helpful, as I indicated above, if it is in the twenties. Also, if the two worst teams need a franchise qb, unlikely they are going to trade out.

this is why i don't understand the organization's current philosophy of trying to win now, while getting your franchise QB next year...just seems like a contradiction to me- especially since McD has acknowledged that QB is the most important part of the team...if you know it is so important, you are hurting your chances by trying to win as many games as you can this year- because it's not going to mean anything if you make the playoffs this year, but don't for the next 10 because you could't get your QB imo...

I would rather forget about this year and put all our chips into getting one of the top 2 QBs next year, which will allow us to win for the next 15 years.

I think you are right on. And when it appears the Bills won't get one of the top QB's people will point out that 2019 might be a better year.

This whole thread assumes the defensive coach has an interest in drafting and developing a QB, a pretty big leap of faith.

I'm on the I won't believe it till I see it camp now.

this is why i don't understand the organization's current philosophy of trying to win now, while getting your franchise QB next year...just seems like a contradiction to me- especially since McD has acknowledged that QB is the most important part of the team...if you know it is so important, you are hurting your chances by trying to win as many games as you can this year- because it's not going to mean anything if you make the playoffs this year, but don't for the next 10 because you could't get your QB imo...

I would rather forget about this year and put all our chips into getting one of the top 2 QBs next year, which will allow us to win for the next 15 years.

I concur. Jets are doing it right and they got Adams this year, one of the best picks in the draft.

.....so 'Crisp, in your view, is 2018 class far superior to 2017?....I don't get to see college ball and just wonder what you see....thanks!...........

I think you are right on. And when it appears the Bills won't get one of the top QB's people will point out that 2019 might be a better year.

This whole thread assumes the defensive coach has an interest in drafting and developing a QB, a pretty big leap of faith.

I'm on the I won't believe it till I see it camp now.

Yep. This is the year to tank. Maybe Pegs is gunshy because of the Sabres tank which should still end up working if they play their cards right.

Fortunately, we may be bad in any event, though I can see 7- 9 because Bills . . . alas, we are just not that bright.

Yep. This is the year to tank. Maybe Pegs is gunshy because of the Sabres tank which should still end up working if they play their cards right.

Fortunately, we may be bad in any event, though I can see 7- 9 because Bills . . . alas, we are just not that bright.

I think McDermott sold him on the idea this team could make the playoffs. Once Pegula discovers that isn't possible I think his love for Sean could turn ugly quickly.

I think McDermott sold him on the idea this team could make the playoffs. Once Pegula discovers that isn't possible I think his love for Sean could turn ugly quickly.

It would be ironic if McD is the quiet, hardworking grinder version of Rex Ryan's penchant to promise too much.

And if McD is right, it is probably JaCrispy's scenario that equals short-term, low ceiling prize at the cost of long-term, sustained chances at a super bowl.

...so if we hear "we won the pre-season" and "we're going", nothing has changed...how uplifting.............

.....so 'Crisp, in your view, is 2018 class far superior to 2017?....I don't get to see college ball and just wonder what you see....thanks!...........

Without a doubt in just about every aspect...from physical size to experience....the top end is higher and the depth of the position is deeper...and this is without thinking that Darnold is coming out next year...most people include him in the conversation- I do not...and I still think there are 2-3 prospects coming out next year that are better prospects than the guys that came out in 2017.

We need to hope that the Bears, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, or Bills have the top 2 spots next year to guarantee a top QB.

or...

We need to root for the 49ers, Browns, Jags, Chargers, Dolphins and Jets to win as many games as possible.

Edited by JaCrispy

I'm more excited about the 2018 RB class than I am the QBs [ducks]

Man, if Barkley, Guice, Rawleigh Williams, Ronald Jones, Kamryn Pettway (my personal favourite), Myles Gaskin, Bo Scarborough, LJ Scott all declared.........

I'm going Wing-T and never looking back.

Man, if Barkley, Guice, Rawleigh Williams, Ronald Jones, Kamryn Pettway (my personal favourite), Myles Gaskin, Bo Scarborough, LJ Scott all declared.........

I'm going Wing-T and never looking back.

dont forget Mike Weber Jr! Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.