Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would you trade for Luck now with our offense?

Absolutely. Indy is a dumpster fire. I cried for Andrew on the Inside when he got drafted by Indianapolis 

Doomed with the crackehad owner. If I was his agent I would've never let him sign an extension there.

We could protect him better...We do try to invest in the oline even if it doesn't always pan out... we could give him a run game and an emerging defense

also to point out... that 78.6 for Allen is highly inflated by his huge arm(gave him 97 for arm strength) and his athleticism (gave him 90)

without those he is way closer to the low 70s and a fringe high end QB prospect

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We can only hope he gets drafted early, and that will check off multiple boxes in Bills' draft strategy.

BTW, this name hasn't been brought up a lot, but as I keep learning more about Allen, this is who he reminds me of - 'The not as famous brother" (Who was also a 1st round pick BTW)

Edited by GG

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thats if he weighs 212 pounds.  Some sites have him listed as low as 199.   Also may have something to do with his poor footwork, accuracy issues, and the fact that he is way more of a dynamic runner than he is a passer.  Get the feeling Klemko is alluding to something different here considering the list he put together.  

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats if he weighs 212 pounds.  Some sites have him listed as low as 199.   Also may have something to do with his poor footwork, accuracy issues, and the fact that he is way more of a dynamic runner than he is a passer.  Get the feeling Klemko is alluding to something different here considering the list he put together.  

We'll find out at the Combine.

Scot McCloughan emphatically states the 2018 NFL Draft quarterback he would pick to lead his franchise

The radio host listed off a few of the notable names (Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk), and then asked McCloughan directly, “You gotta pick one quarterback to lead your franchise, Scott, who’s it gonna be?”

Without missing a beat, McCloughan said Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/18/16492682/scot-mccloughan-2018-nfl-draft-quarterback-franchise-baker-mayfield

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Andrew luck was my highest rated QB ever.

He came in at a 91.6.

For reference Josh Allen just came in at a 78.6 well below Baker and in Prospect territory. I believe Baker can run an NFL offense Day 1. He's a nuanced rythem passer 

Who was a prospect who significantly outperformed his grade in the pro ranks? Just curious,

18 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Polian has had his share of whiffs like anyone who does personnel evaluation.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Who was a prospect who significantly outperformed his grade in the pro ranks? Just curious,

Good question. It's still really early in his career but I didn't think Dak Prescott would develop into an NFL starter. I thought he could be a reliable backup. I did not expect his rookie year. He is outperforming his grade by a good amount

Andy Dalton was another guy that surpassed his grade. He had some mechanical problems , played in a spread, and I didn't think he was a good enough athlete to create in the NFL. He may not be amazing but he is definitely higher than I rated him

Kirk Cousins was a guy that I had a higher grade on than a lot of people and it didn't surprise me to see him break out. He is a good athlete , a fierce competitor and has a quick release with great accuracy 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good question. It's still really early in his career but I didn't think Dak Prescott would develop into an NFL starter. I thought he could be a reliable backup. I did not expect his rookie year. He is outperforming his grade by a good amount

Andy Dalton was another guy that surpassed his grade. He had some mechanical problems , played in a spread, and I didn't think he was a good enough athlete to create in the NFL. He may not be amazing but he is definitely higher than I rated him

Kirk Cousins was a guy that I had a higher grade on than a lot of people and it didn't surprise me to see him break out. He is a good athlete , a fierce competitor and has a quick release with great accuracy

Thanks for the insights. Mike Shanahan loved Cousins. The coach really wasn't interested in RG III and was against mortgaging the future to get the social media qb. The selection of RG was an owner driven decision. Shanahan's son who was the OC had little regard for RG iII while he couldn't hide his bias towards Cousins. One of the reasons why  Griffin insisted on staying in the lineup even when he was hurt was that he was insecure over his standing and the shadow of Cousins. 

17 hours ago, ALF said:

Scot McCloughan emphatically states the 2018 NFL Draft quarterback he would pick to lead his franchise

The radio host listed off a few of the notable names (Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk), and then asked McCloughan directly, “You gotta pick one quarterback to lead your franchise, Scott, who’s it gonna be?”

Without missing a beat, McCloughan said Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/18/16492682/scot-mccloughan-2018-nfl-draft-quarterback-franchise-baker-mayfield

BOOM!!!

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do You Think We Will Draft Our QB Or Will We Go After A Veteran Like Cousins?

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

BOOM!!!

Do You Think We Will Draft Our QB Or Will We Go After A Veteran Like Cousins?

I definitely think the Bills will draft a QB fairly early...

but It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills ask TT to restructure or if they go after a Vet like Alex Smith 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I definitely think the Bills will draft a QB fairly early...

but It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills ask TT to restructure or if they go after a Vet like Alex Smith 

I'm hoping for Smith, I just can't watch TT anymore even though he could be the best option we could obtain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.