Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Bridgewater is to much of risk nor  think he was good enough to be a franchise QB.

Smith makes sense but he old and would not have many years left and would be more of a bridge QB . We would still need to draft one but it wouldn't have to be this year, maybe better candidates can be drafted in the future like Fromm.

Cousins would be good too but makes me wonder if he can be elite.

I think Keenum is still in the mix.

Early, yes but at some point we are going to have to include Tua in this conversation. Hey, let's not forget who beat who. ;)

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Early, yes but at some point we are going to have to include Tua in this conversation. Hey, let's not forget who beat who. ;)

If you want to consider future qb prospects I would take Georgia's Jake Fromm over Tua. There is a poise and presence about him that sticks out. I'm not denigrating Tua in any way. He showed that he can be dynamic. But Fromm would be my preference. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We shall see,  need more than a half of football. He does have all the tools it's now up to him.

He does need more time and I'm sure he will see lots of it if he stays healthy. In fact, I suspect that Hurts will transfer. I hope not but I do expect this.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you want to consider future qb prospects I would take Georgia's Jake Fromm over Tua. There is a poise and presence about him that sticks out. I'm not denigrating Tua in any way. He showed that he can be dynamic. But Fromm would be my preference. 

I first saw Tua in a televised summer practice game. Imo the kid is a very special player. I liken him (for the sake of early conversation) to a more talented Russell Wilson, and I'm serious. He is mobile, an agile power runner, has a cannon arm, and is VERY accurate. Not enough? He is smart and a serious, deeply religious kid.

Will Fromm turn out to be better? I think not but we both know that I am extremely partial. :)

35 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

He does need more time and I'm sure he will see lots of it if he stays healthy. In fact, I suspect that Hurts will transfer. I hope not but I do expect this.

I first saw Tua in a televised summer practice game. Imo the kid is a very special player. I liken him (for the sake of early conversation) to a more talented Russell Wilson, and I'm serious. He is mobile, an agile power runner, has a cannon arm, and is VERY accurate. Not enough? He is smart and a serious, deeply religious kid.

Will Fromm turn out to be better? I think not but we both know that I am extremely partial. :)

I never noticed your impartiality until it was reported that you prayed at the altar that Saban built. It was also reported that you lit so many novena candles for the championship game that you set  the church ablaze. :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Definitely , it's always nice to know what scouts think.

I think il add it too both Allens and Bakers.

I made an algorithm for QBs based on Arm Strength, short Accuracy, mid, deep, touch, play action, throw on run, upper mechanics, lower mechanics, athleticism, field vision and Ability to read defenses

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think il add it too both Allens and Bakers.

I made an algorithm for QBs based on Arm Strength, short Accuracy, mid, deep, touch, play action, throw on run, upper mechanics, lower mechanics, athleticism, field vision and Ability to read defenses

Cool, you should give us an explanation of it so we understand how it works.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cool, you should give us an explanation of it so we understand how it works.

Its simple. I'm not a mathematician hahah

i graded each category on a 0-100 grade. I then divided it by my total categories 

that gave me my grade.

My scale for the grading is...

90-99- Generational talent

80-89- High end starter( Capable of being 10+ year starter)

70-79- High end prospect (Can develop into a good starter given right circumstances)

60-69- Low end prospect( decent chance at developing into a backup. Little starting chances)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Its simple. I'm not a mathematician hahah

i graded each category on a 0-100 grade. I then divided it by my total categories 

that gave me my grade.

My scale for the grading is...

90-99- Generational talent

80-89- High end starter( Capable of being 10+ year starter)

70-79- High end prospect (Can develop into a good starter given right circumstances)

60-69- Low end prospect( decent chance at developing into a backup. Little starting chances)

So, what was Mayfield s grade?

20 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Of the top 6 QBs, if the Bills are going to be picking from the bottom 3 QBs I’m not sure I want them wasting a first rounder for the leftovers...Rudolph, Allen, and Jackson are big time projects with serious flaws and/or inexperience, and I might wanna go after one of Cousins, Smith, Bridgwater etc instead.

...'Crispy, I know you touted the Falk kid from WSU for awhile but he is off the world's radar including North Korea.......what the hell happened with this kid?..............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...'Crispy, I know you touted the Falk kid from WSU for awhile but he is off the world's radar including North Korea.......what the hell happened with this kid?..............

Personally, I think he lacks confidence...never looks like he’s having s good time playing the game...maybe some guys are wound just a little too tight.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Seems a little low ;)

Who has the highest grade ever?

Andrew luck was my highest rated QB ever.

He came in at a 91.6.

For reference Josh Allen just came in at a 78.6 well below Baker and in Prospect territory. I believe Baker can run an NFL offense Day 1. He's a nuanced rythem passer 

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Personally, I think he lacks confidence...never looks like he’s having s good time playing the game...maybe some guys are wound just a little too tight.

...thanks as always for your insight bud.......we'll never know why or when the "sizzle turns to fizzle" as far as the game......the Love kid from Stanford is returning for his senior year and reports say his primary focus is on becoming a doctor.....certainly appreciate and respect that career dedication........but probably as a 3rd rounder, some NFL money may help with those student loans, right??........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Andrew luck was my highest rated QB ever.

He came in at a 91.6.

For reference Josh Allen just came in at a 78.6 well below Baker and in Prospect territory. I believe Baker can run an NFL offense Day 1. He's a nuanced rythem passer 

Would you trade for Luck now with our offense?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.