Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

He reminds me of a guy I kept hearing about a few years back that was going to be one overall, went back to school and sucked and fell off the radar.  His name was Jay Clocker and I'm not even sure if he got drafted.

I think Darnold is going to be great. I'd also be shocked if he goes back to school. I've said it before, but I really suspect he goes #1 overall if he comes out. He's got it all, and his team wins with him in there. They were not winning prior to his taking the starter's job last year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He reminds me of a guy I kept hearing about a few years back that was going to be one overall, went back to school and sucked and fell off the radar.  His name was Jay Clocker and I'm not even sure if he got drafted.

Never heard of clocked but Darnold has skills and has done well, we'll just have to see how it goes.

13 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Any Drew Lock fans in the house?  I'm warming up to him, has a nice release and head is on a swivel.

I saw one of his games and he looked good, but I don't think he's coming out.

11 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Welp, I get to see Rudolph in action against a real secondary in Orlando. This'll be fun... I hope

Against who?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2017 at 8:11 PM, dave mcbride said:

I think Darnold is going to be great. I'd also be shocked if he goes back to school. I've said it before, but I really suspect he goes #1 overall if he comes out. He's got it all, and his team wins with him in there. They were not winning prior to his taking the starter's job last year.

I agree, though I admit I'm much less knowledgeable than you guys who follow college ball closely during the season.

I watched a bunch of his games last year. Haven't seen much this year, though I will try to catch up, but I do understand people's concerns about the drop off.

But Darnold is super young still, and I think he just has "it" - the stud QB version of "it". So a rocky-ish year doesn't bother me, and as you said, he wins.

He may have a rough first couple of years in the NFL, but I feel like he'll end up as one of the top QBs in the league.

I know it's highly unlikely the Bills could get their hands on him. Best scenario would be Browns take Rosen and the Bills pull off a mega trade with the Colts or Bears, if they are in position. Some people may hope he drops down farther based on an off year, but I doubt NFL GMs are that stupid. I don't see how he gets past the Giants.

I'd be pretty excited about Jackson, Rosen, Mayfield, or even Rudolph. But I'd be over the moon with Darnold.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2017 at 3:21 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, you don’t even know what you are talking about!! I love Baker Mayfield. I don’t like Mason Rudolph. 

You have some pretty good company. I love watching him play, but have the size and maturity issues in the back of my mind. But I’ve also heard Daniel Jeremiah and some others go on and on. Just this morning on Golic and Wingo Kirk Herbstreit was saying he may be the guy 5 years from now that makes you ask  basically “why was he not obvious to everyone?” I’m very interested to see how high he goes. 

Heisman trophy winning QBs have not fared well in the NFL. Only one has went on to the Hall of Fame (Staubach) so I won't be buying a Mayfield jersey anytime soon. Then add in the fact that the Big 12 produces mainly mediocre to poor NFL QBs and I would start pumping the brakes a little. He's undersized and that air raid system is nothing like anything run in the NFL. He's got a lot to prove at the next level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.