Greatest Bills moment you've been a part of?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills vs Raiders- Sunday Night game in 1990. Scored 24 points in the 4th qtr. Blocked punt return, Odomes stole the ball and ran in for a TD, I think both teams were undefeated at the time.

i think it was roland hooks

it was, he also made an amazing catch, 1 handed, diving catch the play or 2 before.

Bills vs Raiders- Sunday Night game in 1990. Scored 24 points in the 4th qtr. Blocked punt return, Odomes stole the ball and ran in for a TD, I think both teams were undefeated at the time.

it was, he also made an amazing catch, 1 handed, diving catch the play or 2 before.

yep..wasnt there listened to Van , but do recall that drive , time was precious. hooks, very underrated in hindsight.. he was the 80's version of kenneth davis

Edited by dwight in philly

1. The comeback.

2. AFC championship blowout of Raiders.

3. Bills beat Jets in OT for division title.

Honorable Mention:

Regular season comeback vs Broncos.

Flutie runs it in vs Jacksonville.

Other cool stuff:

The no punt game with Niners

Shootouts with Raiders and Rams

Too bad they're all from the 80s and 90s

In the 70's (I forget what year) there was a home game when the hatred towards Miami was at an all time high... Dave Washington, former Bills' linebacker, picked up Mercury Morris on a running play and literally body slammed him to the turf.. I mean a World Wrestling Body slam. It happened right in front of us. The crowd went crazy. We have had some great moments but as a young Bills fan that hated Miami, that was the best!

Some good replies thus far!

I have an epic tale of triumph that transpired during the aftermath of the Bills' victory over the Browns this past season. I've been saving the post for a rainy offseason day in May or June...

1. The comeback.

2. AFC championship blowout of Raiders.

3. Bills beat Jets in OT for division title.

Honorable Mention:

Regular season comeback vs Broncos.

Flutie runs it in vs Jacksonville.

Other cool stuff:

The no punt game with Niners

Shootouts with Raiders and Rams

Too bad they're all from the 80s and 90s

Was at that game with 2 of my brothers. 1000 yards total offense. Amazing game.

Just remembered Kelly's last second TD in Miami, opening day 1989.

It's a tie for me between helping tear down the goal posts and carrying them to Ralph's box when we finally beat the Fish in the 1980 season opener, and being there to see the Hit Heard Round the World by MIke Stratton for their first championship.

I'm really old, but I have two. Cookie Gilchrist setting the at the time pro football single game rushing record in a quagmire in the Rockpile. Man vs. Boys. Mike Stratton's hit on Keith Lincoln in the AFL Championship game, the hit told the favored Chargers that the Bills were for real.

It's a tie for me between helping tear down the goal posts and carrying them to Ralph's box when we finally beat the Fish in the 1980 season opener, and being there to see the Hit Heard Round the World by MIke Stratton for their first championship.

I'm really old, but I have two. Cookie Gilchrist setting the at the time pro football single game rushing record in a quagmire in the Rockpile. Man vs. Boys. Mike Stratton's hit on Keith Lincoln in the AFL Championship game, the hit told the favored Chargers that the Bills were for real.

i remember the hit heard round the world obviously, just wasnt there to see it.. but outside of the comeback game, that moment is up there IMHO as a great moment .. if not second all time..

Edited by dwight in philly

I was at the 1980 Home opener when the Bills beat the Dolphins for the first time since 1969, a streak of twenty games, and an entire decade. The goalposts came down that day, the Bills were only 1-0, but it was glorious.

You must have left early too then. How else would you have seen them try to climb the gates to get back in from your seat?

Doh! :lol::lol::lol:

I definitely did NOT leave early!! Never have and never will. :P

That said, after almost 25 years I will readily admit that my memories are probably some sort of mix between what I saw live and what I saw on TV when I got home(and replayed thousands of times)!

All 4 AFC championships, plus the game in 1990 where the Bills scored 22 points in 90 seconds to come back beat the Broncos.

I wasn't at that game, but I was at the game a week later when they came back to beat the Raiders.

One of my other great Bills memories involves basketball. My dad was a basketball ref and every year he'd get asked to ref the charity game between the Cardinal O'Hara faculty and the Bills. Back in the 60's most of the Bills had off season jobs in town and they'd do a lot of charity functions. Dad would always bring me along and I'd get to hang out in the locker room with Lamonica, Stew Barber, Ernie Warlick, Paul Costa , Butch Byrd among others.

I was at RWS when Flutie ran it in on the last play of the game against Tampa Bay. People in the stands were falling all over themselves and I somehow wound up on the bottom of a huge pile of people. In fact there were a couple of old ladies on top of me as well as who knows how many other fans. I was not the least bit injured.

As soon as the game was over the tailgate continued with by best friends and people I met from this board and am still friends with.

Good times man.

Edited by Bill from NYC