Now that Crunch Time is coming...........

njbuff

I've long since given up falling in love with guys in the draft. It usually just leads to disappointment. So whatever the Bills do I'm going to hope it's the right pick. If it's a qb I hope they do develop into a franchise guy. If it isn't a qb I'll hope none of them develop into one lol.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do not draft a qb in this draft at all! let the back up get some back reps unlike last year where ej stole all the reps, tyrod will lead us to the playoffs if we draft the tight end OJ, the second coming @ 10 and then defensive players every spot after that! GO BILLS!!

The list of teams visiting with, or working out the top QBs has skyrocketed. The Bengals even worked out Mahomes. This means that 11 out of the first 13 selections have possible QB selection in play.

After that there's Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers. This means it's a sellers market. Way too many teams need a QB. It's jumped two-fold because of all the aging QBs in the league. That means these QBs will get drafted much earlier than expected.

It's strange why the media isn't picking up on this. Maybe they're afraid of stepping away from the group think because this QB class doesn't have a clear cut order and they don't like that.

It isn't strange at all. Teams (rightfully) overvalue the position and take QBs higher than they would other similarly rated players. It's a big need so they'll get picked.

No. That really isn't the plan. If that was the plan and they really thought he was the guy for the future they don't void the final 2 years of his contract, make him take a massive pay cut and allow the deal to be escapable at the end of 2017.

As long as he is on the team throwing the ball.....that plan could chance if he improves.

I am thinking the bills are in CYA mode in this area.....I think they expected him to take a big step forward last year and he did not.......

but he....with new coaching and better weapons he MIGHT do that this year.....

You probably won't have to worry about it because I think Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will all be gone by #10. The media isn't giving the proper picture on what's going to happen. They've underrated this qb class. If one of those qbs are still there the Bills will draft him.

I think this is true unless McD is vehemently against it.

Whaley always waits too long, could have had DaK.

While I agree that Whaley should have done more on the QB front, Dak isn't nearly what he was last season on any other team. Dallas has the best OL in the game right now and they gave him loads of time. Zeke flourished behind that line too which took pressure off of him. And then there's the skill players like Dez and Witten.

It isn't strange at all. Teams (rightfully) overvalue the position and take QBs higher than they would other similarly rated players. It's a big need so they'll get picked.

The difference is that there's a growing wave coming of teams that are looking for franchise QBs. It's starting this year and the jockeying for the 2018 QB class will reach a frenzy level.

As long as he is on the team throwing the ball.....that plan could chance if he improves.

I am thinking the bills are in CYA mode in this area.....I think they expected him to take a big step forward last year and he did not.......

As long as he is on the team he could prove them and me and everyone else who doubted him wrong and end up as the franchise QB. But that still wouldn't make it "the plan" more something they lucked into and I put the chances of that at less than 25%. Edited by GunnerBill

I can't see us going into the season with Taylor, Yates and Jones... If Taylor goes down for any reason this team is doomed. If they've identified a QB in this draft as a "franchise" QB then I expect him to be the pick at 10 and I'm good with that, otherwise I'm guessing rounds 2-3 would be a solid backup with potential to be a #1 QB down the road, I'm also good with that.

I can't see us going into the season with Taylor, Yates and Jones... If Taylor goes down for any reason this team is doomed. If they've identified a QB in this draft as a "franchise" QB then I expect him to be the pick at 10 and I'm good with that, otherwise I'm guessing rounds 2-3 would be a solid backup with potential to be a #1 QB down the road, I'm also good with that.

Unless they try to fill their other positions and wait for next year to get a QB. There is already a good chance we are drafting around 10 next year.

New schemes in all phases .... Maybe, just maybe McD actually takes a slightly longer view and tries to do it right, not fast.

Qb is far and away the most imoortant position in football.

Bills currently have a QB who is average

I will never fault the Bills for taking swings at QBs.

Until we find a good one we are no where

do not draft a qb in this draft at all! let the back up get some back reps unlike last year where ej stole all the reps, tyrod will lead us to the playoffs if we draft the tight end OJ, the second coming @ 10 and then defensive players every spot after that! GO BILLS!!

i agree 100% corner at two ,OLB at three [ crazy idea ] is maybe KELLY anywhere after that

Sticking with your assumption of no trades then my answer is no. No QB in this draft is worth #10. And with holes at CB, S, LB, RT, WR there just is not enough picks to use on a QB. In my best case scenario, Howard is taken at 10, and then they take BPA among those 5 positions.

My plan however would be to move back if at all possible. Each of these QB's have qualities that are worth looking at. If they can drop way back in the first then I take Mahomes there. If they can only move back a few spots but pick up an extra second then I take BPA in first round (perhaps Davis WR) and Kizer in the second round.