Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A & M

How many times over the past 20 years has a team selecting a WR in the top 10 gone on to post season success? It's very rare. Atlanta is one, but they had their franchise QB, plus they were already a good team that gave away a draft class to move up for Julio Jones.

Mike Williams and Corey Davis are really good. But this team has needs. A receiver will not take us over the top when we don't have a sure franchise QB. Bad teams in our position take WRs in the top 10.

Can we please stop with the calls for the Bills to take a receiver at 10?

How many times over the past 20 years has a team selecting a WR in the top 10 gone on to post season success? It's very rare. Atlanta is one, but they had their franchise QB, plus they were already a good team that gave away a draft class to move up for Julio Jones.

Mike Williams and Corey Davis are really good. But this team has needs. A receiver will not take us over the top when we don't have a sure franchise QB. Bad teams in our position take WRs in the top 10.

Now imagine taking 2 in the top 10 4 years apart???

Yes because these qbs are sure "franchise qbs"

How about digging a little deeper and seeing that this team had NOTHING past Sammy Watkins last year who bare played and when he did was not healthy....we pulled PERCY HARVIN OFF THE COUCH.....who promply played 2 inneffective games for us.

How can you say that talented Wrs dont matter WHEN YOU DONT HAVE THEM

Yes because these qbs are sure "franchise qbs"

How about digging a little deeper and seeing that this team had NOTHING past Sammy Watkins last year who bare played and when he did was not healthy....we pulled PERCY HARVIN OFF THE COUCH.....who promply played 2 inneffective games for us.

How can you say that talented Wrs dont matter WHEN YOU DONT HAVE THEM

I didn't say talented Wrs don't matter. I'm saying that taking one in the top 10 has rarely helped a struggling team get over the hump. Specifically because struggling teams usually don't have a franchise QB.

Additionally, I didn't advocate, in my comment, that we take one of the top rated QBs in this years draft. I was just mentioning that there are still questions about Tyrod being that franchise guy.

If we're staying put at 10, I want an impact guy. A rookie WRs ability to impact our team will rely on our questionable QB getting him the ball. Jeez, having Terrell Owens didn't impact our passing game because we had Trent Edwards throwing him the ball. I want Tyrod to succeed. I like him. But I'm not sold that he can be the guy.

And I don't think you can just say that Tyrod hasn't succeeded because he doesn't have the weapons. Not with certainty any way. If bad receivers were the problem, there would he a good chance that this would reflect in Tyrod having a low completion percentage, or high interception rate. Taylor had neither.

Sure there's a chance that Tyrod just needs more weapons. There's a chance that Williams/Davis/Ross will be able to make the transition to the NFL right away. But you have to put those odds against the chance that one of the top defenders will have an immediate impact. I'd say that history is on my side. But if the Bills take one of the WRs, I'll be cheering for them on Sundays, hoping for the chance to eat crow.

I didn't say talented Wrs don't matter. I'm saying that taking one in the top 10 has rarely helped a struggling team get over the hump. Specifically because struggling teams usually don't have a franchise QB.

Additionally, I didn't advocate, in my comment, that we take one of the top rated QBs in this years draft. I was just mentioning that there are still questions about Tyrod being that franchise guy.

If we're staying put at 10, I want an impact guy. A rookie WRs ability to impact our team will rely on our questionable QB getting him the ball. Jeez, having Terrell Owens didn't impact our passing game because we had Trent Edwards throwing him the ball. I want Tyrod to succeed. I like him. But I'm not sold that he can be the guy.

And I don't think you can just say that Tyrod hasn't succeeded because he doesn't have the weapons. Not with certainty any way. If bad receivers were the problem, there would he a good chance that this would reflect in Tyrod having a low completion percentage, or high interception rate. Taylor had neither.

Sure there's a chance that Tyrod just needs more weapons. There's a chance that Williams/Davis/Ross will be able to make the transition to the NFL right away. But you have to put those odds against the chance that one of the top defenders will have an immediate impact. I'd say that history is on my side. But if the Bills take one of the WRs, I'll be cheering for them on Sundays, hoping for the chance to eat crow.

I obviously mis understood your post.....my bad

This is the kind of draft where a late WR could end up being one of the better players in the class or a crop of guys who are out of the league in a few years.

I have a few guys I really really like later but Reynolds isn't really one of them.