Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A & M

This is why the talk of a receiver in the 1st round blows my mind as incredibly stupid. This guy might be a 4th rounder and if he goes to the right team, he could outproduce a top 10 pick. I got this from a Steelers site and they are awesome at evaluating WRs. I think this guy is a perfect compliment to Sammy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-reynolds?id=2558194

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-texas-wr-josh-reynolds/

This is why the talk of a receiver in the 1st round blows my mind as incredibly stupid. This guy might be a 4th rounder and if he goes to the right team, he could outproduce a top 10 pick. I got this from a Steelers site and they are awesome at evaluating WRs. I think this guy is a perfect compliment to Sammy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-reynolds?id=2558194

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-texas-wr-josh-reynolds/

Honestly he's nothing like Mike Williams or Corey Davis as a prospect

He's good

But he's slight of frame with not much room for growth and he's not a burner

Solid 4-5 round pick but his skill set is vastly inferior to the top guys and he doesn't have a high ceiling

He's good

Solid 4-5 round pick but his skill set is vastly inferior to the top guys and he doesn't have a high ceiling

The thing is....when you get past your first round pick (and even then) it is a lot harder to predict what is actually gonna be on the board in those rounds....

Lets say you dont take a pass catcher early......and it is absolute need......then there is a run on the position.

Now your stuck because you decided to wait until the 4th round.

Im all in on OJ Howard myself......

The thing is....when you get past your first round pick (and even then) it is a lot harder to predict what is actually gonna be on the board in those rounds....

Lets say you dont take a pass catcher early......and it is absolute need......then there is a run on the position.

Now your stuck because you decided to wait until the 4th round.

Im all in on OJ Howard myself......

If we go offense I hope it's Howard

He would add the most versatility and upgrade our offense immediately

He's good

I like both of the top guys and won't say he has a higher ceiling than them. But my bigger point is so much more important what team they go to.

I'm honestly not sure Davis/ Williams will have better production on our team than a 4th rounder who goes to another team. And this Reynolds guy plays with an edge.

Howard

Mahomes

Reynolds

And the rest defensive players would be a great draft for me.

I like both of the top guys and won't say he has a higher ceiling than them. But my bigger point is so much more important what team they go to.

I'm honestly not sure Davis/ Williams will have better production on our team than a 4th rounder who goes to another team. And this Reynolds guy plays with an edge.

Howard

Mahomes

Reynolds

I understand your point.

There will probably be a handful of talented recievers on the board in the third and fourth round

Those guys benefit the most also when they get picked up by teams with established great QBs like Pittsburgh, and New England or Green bay

Reynolds was a TD machine in college. He was never covered as a #1 WR. A&M always had Malcome Kennedy, Ricky Seals-Jones, Speedy Noil and Christian Kirk, who took most of the safety's attention, leaving Reynolds facing single coverage. He is slight of build as mentioned, but has good body control to make a catch. Honestly, Malachi Dupre is going to be the steal of the draft at WR. He was always a big playmaker for LSU.

Howard

Mahomes

Reynolds

Where are you taking Mahomes, Biscuit?

I'm not sure it matters in what order you take what position this year. The Bills pretty much HAVE TO hit on all of them:

WR, CB, OLB, SS, and...

Then there positions that they'd LIKE TO hit on:

Back up QB, Back up FS, Back up TE, Back up OT, Back up RB (touchdown Mike status?)

Lots of holes to fill no matter how you look at it. This is not going to be for the faint of heart. Mess this up and 2017 is going to be ugly!

Glad I'm not the GM.

Reynolds was a TD machine in college. He was never covered as a #1 WR. A&M always had Malcome Kennedy, Ricky Seals-Jones, Speedy Noil and Christian Kirk, who took most of the safety's attention, leaving Reynolds facing single coverage. He is slight of build as mentioned, but has good body control to make a catch. Honestly, Malachi Dupre is going to be the steal of the draft at WR. He was always a big playmaker for LSU.

Good information. And if he got drafted by the Bills, he will never get double covered.

And Dupre is another good name. The next of really good LSU WRs who gets undervalued because they have crap qbs.

Don't draft a wr at #10!

Where are you taking Mahomes, Biscuit?

Man, I was hoping to get him in 2nd but it doesn't seem like that will be possible now. Ideally, I would like to get a Howard type player and I'd be fine trading back into the 1st if they love PM. Hell, if they love him, draft him at 10.

I also like the idea of a qb and wr getting drafted together.

Good information. I have heard some sleeper hype on Bug Howard.

But again, receiver is always one of the deepest positions in the draft. Don't overvalue them.

Man, I was hoping to get him in 2nd but it doesn't seem like that will be possible now. Ideally, I would like to get a Howard type player and I'd be fine trading back into the 1st if they love PM. Hell, if they love him, draft him at 10.

Yeah, that's why I asked, I don't think he gets to #2. I'm with you, trade back a bit if you can and if he's "your guy" grab him. To hell with the pundits.

I went to a couple of A&M games this year and I really liked what I saw out of Reynolds.

I think he could be taken as early as the late 2nd and last no longer than the 4th.

His upside is very good and he was great in the games I went to. Throwing to him was an auto first down and is an incredible possession receiver. He also is a great red zone target.

Another guy I like from A&M not named Myles Garrett is the Safety, Justin Evans. Possible 2nd round pick as well.

....sure this is old school stubbornness being older than dirt, but I am reticent about any first round investment in receivers, be it WR or TE, because I have YET to be convinced TT has the gray matter ability to process the field and find guys open that we do have...convince me otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,

....sure this is old school stubbornness being older than dirt, but I am reticent about any first round investment in receivers, be it WR or TE, because I have YET to be convinced TT has the gray matter ability to process the field and find guys open that we do have...convince me otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,

All valid points

OJ Howard is a very good blocker in the run game. Adding essentially another tackle. Add 2 TE sets with Clay (who is also a very good run blocker) and we can mask our RT weaknesses

It also allows us to spread clay outside on certain packages while keeping Howard inline as a blocker/checkdown/Recieving option where TT often turns too

He is also too big for safeties and too fast/smooth for 90% of LBrs

Complete package and nightmare matchup that TT shouldn't even struggle to find

All valid points

OJ Howard is a very good blocker in the run game. Adding essentially another tackle. Add 2 TE sets with Clay (who is also a very good run blocker) and we can mask our RT weaknesses

It also allows us to spread clay outside on certain packages while keeping Howard inline as a blocker/checkdown/Recieving option where TT often turns too

He is also too big for safeties and too fast/smooth for 90% of LBrs

Complete package and nightmare matchup that TT shouldn't even struggle to find

You took my response haha. A reason I prefer a TE to a wr is because a TE can have a direct effect on the running name as well as the passing. Clay hasn't put up monastery numbers (and I think the qb is a big part of that) but he is a huge part of the success in the running game.

Also, we need to remember that the draft isn't for one year. If TT doesn't get the job done this year, he won't be our starter. A young qb stepping into a situation with Sammy, OJ, & a guy like Reynolds is off to a good start.