347 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Exercise Sammy's 5th Year Option

• Yes. No Brainer
    • No. Too Injury Prone

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rather hoping for Chris Godwin, Penn St. wr, in the second.

I really would like Mahomes, Trubisky, or Watson in the first.

They will probably go lb, cb or something like that.

Oh, and I can't see them not adding the fifth year after the price paid to get Sammy.

If he can stay healthy, he is elite.

Edited by Dr. Who

I think we NEED to get a top notch #2 WR.

The "promise" of a healthy Sammy is not comforting to MOST fans.

THE big question is - Can he STAY healthy? The answer to that is going to take a whole season and we need to be PREPARED so as not to have a repeat of LAST YEAR.

Unfortunately, I am not comfortable with extending Sammy until proves he is durable enough to play in the NFL.

New injuries are random events. Going a year without injury does not make it more likely that he will go without injury the following year. Pre-existing injuries and chronic conditions are predictable but apart from those, its a roll of the dice.

I'd pull my hair out if this team took another WR with a top 10 pick.

Get ready to be bald. Very high chance we go that route, and I won't be disappointed. We have nobody, even with Watkins because he simply can't be trusted to stay healthy. Many injuries already

I'm curious what y'all think...if the Bills do not give the 5th year to Sammy, should they attempt to trade him during the draft, in hopes to recoup some of their investment, to prevent him from walking after next year- leaving the Bills with nothing?

I ask because I always feel the Bills get screwed in these situations, making it seem like they don't plan for the future like the Pats do.

If Watkins goes then Whaley goes. As good as Watkins is, right now he would be considered a bust because we used 2x firsts on him and he can't stay on the field. He should be in the pro bowl by now to be worth that kind of ransom

I'm curious what y'all think...if the Bills do not give the 5th year to Sammy, should they attempt to trade him during the draft, in hopes to recoup some of their investment, to prevent him from walking after next year- leaving the Bills with nothing?

I ask because I always feel the Bills get screwed in these situations, making it seem like they don't plan for the future like the Pats do.

If for whatever reason they are pointing him out of buffalo I guess you try to get value.... but I think they would be crazy to not keep him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/15/report-bills-might-not-pick-up-sammy-watkins-fifth-year-option/

"But according to Sal Capaccio of WGR 550, the Bills might not pick up Watkins’ option after all: The team is still deciding and may take a couple weeks before making a final decision."

First, I'm wondering is Sal has any real insight, or is this just conjecture on his part? I love how when someone in the press blurts out an opinion, it somehow becomes "news". I mean, of course they might not pick up Watkins' option, but then again they might -and probably will. If that's the case, then why print this article? (i know... so I'll click on it.)

Second, does anyone know exactly when the Bills need to make that decision? What's the deadline to pick up that option? thx.

nevermind... second link. "Team has until May 2 to make a decision for 2018"

Edited by wiskibreth

If for whatever reason they are pointing him out of buffalo I guess you try to get value.... but I think they would be crazy to not keep him.

I would think they want to keep him too.

If they sign the option, isn't he guaranteed against injury in 2018 ?

that is not a risk i want to take. Perhaps i misread that though.

Watkins only injury i want the Bills to be sure about ( this time ) is the foot. Do not feel he is injury prone so much as he cannot get that boo boo foot healed up fully.

Dude is one hell of a WR.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/15/report-bills-might-not-pick-up-sammy-watkins-fifth-year-option/

"But according to Sal Capaccio of WGR 550, the Bills might not pick up Watkins’ option after all: The team is still deciding and may take a couple weeks before making a final decision."

First, I'm wondering is Sal has any real insight, or is this just conjecture on his part? I love how when someone in the press blurts out an opinion, it somehow becomes "news". I mean, of course they might not pick up Watkins' option, but then again they might -and probably will. If that's the case, then why print this article? (i know... so I'll click on it.)

Second, does anyone know exactly when the Bills need to make that decision? What's the deadline to pick up that option? thx.

nevermind... second link. "Team has until May 2 to make a decision for 2018"

It is a question worth asking by the media. But is that the Bills thinking or just a thought of his? This is where i roll my eyes.

"MIGHT NOT" suggesting the FO is thinking as much is a bit ingenious

I say

Maybe they DO pick it up maybe they don't

There's no chance of him leaving Buffalo. He'll get tagged before he'll be allowed to walk. With the amount of assets the franchise put into drafting him, he will be a Bill for a second contract.

There's no chance of him leaving Buffalo. He'll get tagged before he'll be allowed to walk. With the amount of assets the franchise put into drafting him, he will be a Bill for a second contract.

Agreed. Still I don't trust his ability to stay healthy. I'd still get insurance at the WR position.

I'd pull my hair out if this team took another WR with a top 10 pick.

You are smarter than most. Why don't others see this? Do we really want to be the Detroit Lions East!?? CB, S, DLine, WLB, etc......

Especially with WRs that will be solid well into the 4th 5th rounds.

New injuries are random events. Going a year without injury does not make it more likely that he will go without injury the following year. Pre-existing injuries and chronic conditions are predictable but apart from those, its a roll of the dice.

Some players are not " tough" . Always having nagging injuries and letting people know they do. Sammy appears to be this type.

Does his status basically force us to go WR at 1?

I dont support an extension. He just hasnt been healthy enough

No extension necessary. Just need to pick up 5th year option, which I believe the Bills should do. Seems like perhaps another smokescreen to mask draft intentions.