Interesting article evaluating Trubisky & Watson

Mahomes

Trubisky

Dobbs

Interesting. Thanks. I like that list too. Was not keen on Trubisky, at first, but have watched a lot more of him lately, and he's been growing on me. There's a lot to like. Still very nervous about the lack of starts and that crap game he played in the rain, though. Love me some Mahomes, despite his crazy feet. Will have to look at Dobbs more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Thanks. I like that list too. Was not keen on Trubisky, at first, but have watched a lot more of him lately, and he's been growing on me. There's a lot to like. Still very nervous about the lack of starts and that crap game he played in the rain, though. Love me some Mahomes, despite his crazy feet. Will have to look at Dobbs more.

There's a bunch of Gruden QB camps that just came out for these guys. Here is Dobbs, the rocket scientist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIkhbxgzPxs

What is this based on?

A number of stories long before the draft. Here is one: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/1/29/10867820/2016-nfl-draft-carson-wentz-senior-bowl-buffalo-bills-doug-whaley, referencing this one: http://buffalonews.com/2016/01/28/carson-wentz-draws-the-bills-attention-and-for-good-reason/

The second one, by Tyler Dunne, states that the Bills made multiple visits to N. Dakota in the 2015 season.

Edited by dave mcbride

A number of stories long before the draft. Here is one: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/1/29/10867820/2016-nfl-draft-carson-wentz-senior-bowl-buffalo-bills-doug-whaley, referencing this one: http://buffalonews.com/2016/01/28/carson-wentz-draws-the-bills-attention-and-for-good-reason/

The second one, by Tyler Dunne, states that the Bills made multiple visits to N. Dakota in the 2015 season.

Thanks Dave. And it's good to hear they are looking.

I didn't get all the hype on Wentz. He fell off after a good start and is older than the normal rookie. That said, his WRs were junk so we'll see how he looks this year.

Thanks Dave. And it's good to hear they are looking.

I didn't get all the hype on Wentz. He fell off after a good start and is older than the normal rookie. That said, his WRs were junk so we'll see how he looks this year.

I like him and think he has a really bright future. He needs better receivers. Even in his bad games he did things that impressed me.

If you actually want a guy that is honest and shows his work, Matt Waldman. He actually describes in exact detail what he is judging. He spends time learning what the QB is supposed to do on a play so he can evaluate what he is seeing. For example, I have seen other writers do things like post a clip of a college QB throwing an INT with no context. No mention that the QB is down more than 2 scores in the 4th quarter and has less than 30 seconds on the clock. Common sense and context matter. I like people who use those things and not guys talking about CFL scrubs like Vernon Adams "lingering" on reads or ballet dancing and Kizer.

The best part about Waldman is there is nuance. You can go through his notes or watch a one hour video of plays he is showing and feel like you are in control. It's the difference between reading a record review and listening to the thing yourself with notes from someone else.

I like Waldman as well, though as another poster stated, even he massively misses sometimes.

Waldman, from what I can remember, seems to focus more on the college players than Fahey, though.

Fahey's analysis of NFL QBs is what I like reading. His 2016 version is free for download right now. Of course there's an amount of subjectivity to his analysis, but it's the fact that he makes an effort to incorporate comparative analytics across all NFL QBs for things that simply aren't charted elsewhere that I like and look forward to reading in the 2017 version.

But again, no one is 100% right about any QB prospect. And most, I'm sure, are wrong as much or more than they're right.

I like Waldman as well, though as another poster stated, even he massively misses sometimes.

Waldman, from what I can remember, seems to focus more on the college players than Fahey, though.

Fahey's analysis of NFL QBs is what I like reading. His 2016 version is free for download right now. Of course there's an amount of subjectivity to his analysis, but it's the fact that he makes an effort to incorporate comparative analytics across all NFL QBs for things that simply aren't charted elsewhere that I like and look forward to reading in the 2017 version.

But again, no one is 100% right about any QB prospect. And most, I'm sure, are wrong as much or more than they're right.

Sure, everyone needs to find people that they like. As I said, I don't need rankings so much as information. If I really like a prospect I can watch every play they made on my own. Waldman fits the bill for that requirement while explaining stuff he sees.

Waldman also started bringing in Mark from Inside The Pylon which I liked as you have two different guys talking to each other and figuring out a player.

qb no.1 evaluation over everything else...td to int. ratio. qbs who are in the 90/10% seem to always succeed vs. 60/40%

thats why i'd rather go trubisky 30-6 my ratios above are a general but it's the idea and the number one indicator to me.

a qb who throws over 15 picks in a season in college is probably gonna be a pick machine in the pros///jmo

Until you realize Mitch couldn't beat out anyone from his school or watch him play against Stanford and look like a deer in headlights... His level of competition is suspect. Alabama defense would have knocked him into next week. He hasn't won anything