Interesting article evaluating Trubisky & Watson

LMAO can you see on Draft day McDermott looking at Whaley and the top scouts saying "I am trying real hard not to completely lose my **** on all of you right now, but you're not making it easy."

My friend you and I agree on many things, but I say Cosell is nothing more than another "expert" that knows nothing. Remember this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152748/article/ryan-nassib-is-top-qb-in-nfl-draft-greg-cosell-says

:bag:

I like Cossell because it helps me understand how 75 year old scouts on NFL teams pick QB's so poorly.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet he says that Kizer's accuracy flaws outweigh the footwork skills. I thought it was an excellent piece -- one of the better ones I've read lately.

Someone above (not you) takes issue with the article for comparing Newton to Leaf. What article was he reading? Newton comes off well in this piece.

People on this board can be so nasty toward the passionate amateurs who craft theses sites, regardless of the fact that those passionate amateurs are far better than most of us at breaking things down and actually have the get up and go to actually craft an article and post it.

Agreed. I read his others on Kizer and Mahomes too. They are very convincing. No one can project QB success perfectly, but he is definitely looking at some intriguing subtleties, which I, for one, would never notice on my own.

I enjoyed his takes, and learned a lot from them. Made me feel a lot more intrigued by Kizer than I otherwise would have been, and much more skeptical about Mahomes than I have been to date.

:bag:

I like Cossell because it helps me understand how 75 year old scouts on NFL teams pick QB's so poorly.

I put Cossell / Polian / Jaws / Kiper / McShay in the same bucket. If they knew half as much as they pretend to, some NFL team would be paying them A LOT more money than their current networks.

I tend to respect Jeremiah's (and Bucky Brooks on their podcast) opinion the highest of the bunch. He's had offers to work for teams but NFL net is making it worth his while to stay.

I put Cossell / Polian / Jaws / Kiper / McShay in the same bucket. If they knew half as much as they pretend to, some NFL team would be paying them A LOT more money than their current networks.

I tend to respect Jeremiah's (and Bucky Brooks on their podcast) opinion the highest of the bunch. He's had offers to work for teams but NFL net is making it worth his while to stay.

It's not like these guys don't bring value. Jaworski is one of the best guys at bringing information on current QB's playing in the NFL. Cossell seems solid when talking about current NFL play as well.

Cossell's methods would be useful for finding a good backup or marginal starter in a later round.

qb no.1 evaluation over everything else...td to int. ratio. qbs who are in the 90/10% seem to always succeed vs. 60/40%

thats why i'd rather go trubisky 30-6 my ratios above are a general but it's the idea and the number one indicator to me.

a qb who throws over 15 picks in a season in college is probably gonna be a pick machine in the pros///jmo

Matt Ryan senior season 19 Ints

Jameis Winston senior season 18 Ints

Deshaun Watson senior season 17 Ints

The first two guys appear to be working out

Did you really lump Bill Polian in with those guys? Really?

It's not like these guys don't bring value. Jaworski is one of the best guys at bringing information on current QB's playing in the NFL. Cossell seems solid when talking about current NFL play as well.

Cossell's methods would be useful for finding a good backup or marginal starter in a later round.

Dude your takes are so... bizarre.

Cossell falls in love with Blake Bortles hates Derek Carr. This year it's Davis Webb and he hates Mahomes.

Cossell your cup of tea?

Who is this "Cossell" you keep talking about? Edited by mannc

Matt Ryan senior season 19 Ints

Jameis Winston senior season 18 Ints

Deshaun Watson senior season 17 Ints

The first two guys appear to be working out

You can't discount the TDs either, the guy have 50 combined. 50/17 is not a bad ratio, that is +43.

I am reliably told by many on this board that the qb interest is a smokescreen, so apparently none of this matters.

Recent history shows our supposed QB interest is more likely a smokescreen than not. I remember us loving Carson Wentz, and having dinner with Garrett Grayson, and before that it was Ryan Nassib as our potential 1st pick. Don't believe anything you hear this time of the offseason.

You can't discount the TDs either, the guy have 50 combined. 50/17 is not a bad ratio, that is +43.

College stats are mostly meaningless anyways. Watson ran a one-read spread offense at Clemson, had inconsistent footwork and inconsistent accuracy/ball placement. Throwing that many interceptions in a college offense is a big red flag. He relied on his athleticism which won't work as well in the NFL. IMO he is a 3rd round project at best. Which means I expect him to get taken in the 2nd.