Mayock's Updated Draft Rankings- 3.0

At this time of year these writers have to bored to death! So now they just start writing anything to keep them awake.

Mayock regularly changes his ratings as he watches more game film on players, and makes no secret about doing it.

I really like Mayock. But I never understood how he ever had Peppers ahead of Adams and Hooker.

Not that hard really. Think about how much discussion that generated. It is also possible he was doing a favor for Peppers agent by bumping the guy up and generating discussion around him for a few weeks.

Mayock is probably my favorite draft guy but talk about overthinking things. This may explain how he put Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton or Robert Ayers being the best player in his draft class.

These draft rankings are completely for entertainment and should be treated as such. All of these guys would have been fired if they ever were given a NFL job.

When you also factor in if certain players fit the teams they are drafted to and stuff like that

a thought popped into my mind maybe some would like to comment on......how would Petty (the qb for the jets) factor into this draft class?

He was pretty highly hyped leading up to the draft he was taken in....and doesnt look so hot

Because these media members want clicks/ ratings. It's boring to say its stupid that guys can rise or fall months after they have played in a game.

....kid has a VERY highly rated opinion of himself, doesn't he??............

Davis Webb says “double-digit” teams told him he’s a first-rounder

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2017, 11:44 AM EDT

When discussing the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft, attention has largely been focused on North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer and Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes’ former backup in Lubbock says that he’s hearing there’s room for one more in that group. Davis Webb transferred to California for the 2016 season and put together a performance he says has impressed NFL scouts.

Webb held his pro day workout on Friday and said after it was over that he’s gotten a lot of positive feedback during his conversations with teams.

“I’ve talked to a lot of NFL people,” Webb said, via ESPN.com. “And double-digit teams have told me I’m a first-round guy. Every meeting I’ve had, they’ve said I’m one of the best quarterbacks on the board.”

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

There is no such thing as risers and fallers. What happens is, the media starts to get a little more info from teams here and there. Some more accurate than others.

As far as Webb is concerned... I think the Texans take him. That's where I have him mocked at least.

Mayock's rankings as the draft nears becomes more about what he's hearing and where he thinks they come off the board. We've known for a while now that Hooker and Adams are going before Peppers, we've also heard for about a week now that teams really like Gareon Conley and he's likely going to be the 2nd CB selected.......Mike Mayock's rankings now accurately reflect that. Kind of group think, if you will.

Mayock is probably my favorite draft guy but talk about overthinking things. This may explain how he put Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton or Robert Ayers being the best player in his draft class.

These draft rankings are completely for entertainment and should be treated as such. All of these guys would have been fired if they ever were given a NFL job.

So true.......

Because these media members want clicks/ ratings. It's boring to say its stupid that guys can rise or fall months after they have played in a game.

Webb had always been there among those in the know. He impressed me a lot in the couple of games I watched him play this past year. He looked like an NFL qb to me.