Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

16 hours ago, John Adams said:

As an old guy, I am in full support of old guys. 

Oh no, a lawyer insult after a naked internet flex that you refuse to back up here. 

We're done. 

You like it DrDawk! 

Here is a little nugget you can use on a daily basis...whatever direction the market is trending heading into US market open, trade the opposite after it opens. Usually it pumps into US market open, at least 85% of the time, it will dump right after open. easiest money you could ask for.

It's good to see that Big Turk on the Bills message board figured everything out and is better at trading than the people who get paid millions to trade. 

A one in a hundred million talent in our midst. Just ask him: He claims he made $20K (!!!!) last month alone! 

This thread is comedy cold. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

It's good to see that Big Turk on the Bills message board figured everything out and is better at trading than the people who get paid millions to trade. 

A one in a hundred million talent in our midst. Just ask him: He claims he made $20K (!!!!) last month alone! 

This thread is comedy cold. 

The only comedy is coming from the crusty old timers who for whatever reason are deeply threatened by the idea of crypto trading and think any returns above your large cap index and bond fund must be a ponzi scheme.  

This isn't the right thread for your Dave Ramsey advice.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The only comedy is coming from the crusty old timers who for whatever reason are deeply threatened by the idea of crypto trading and think any returns above your large cap index and bond fund must be a ponzi scheme.  

Uhh, I'm not against crypto hoss. 

But I enjoy that the person who has figured everything out--how to make huge money in the market--something millions maybe hundreds of millions of people and computer AIs have tried to do...graces us with his presence to tell us how great he is. He sees what all these others cannot and he's here at OTW!

That's the comedy. 

Edited by John Adams

7 minutes ago, John Adams said:

But I enjoy that the person who has figured everything out--how to make huge money in the market--something millions maybe hundreds of millions of people and computer AIs have tried to do...graces us with his presence to tell us how great he is. He sees what all these others cannot and he's here at OTW!

That's the comedy. 

The crypto market operates much differently than equity markets. Your comparisons to traditional equity markets are way off.  There are no fundamentals, no earnings releases, no EPS targets, no cash flows, its almost 100% actively traded, theres no regulations, no watchdogs. 

The guy says he has a setup that he trades to grind out daily profits and showed you the results.  I understand you don't want to make love to Big Turk on a private beach.  We all do.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, John Adams said:

That's the comedy. 

The comedy is in your meltdown. 

Big T keeps dunking all over you.  

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure what is going on in @John Adams life that he felt the need to pop in and derail and trash a thread, and attack another poster over something the thread isnt really about. But hope all is well.

Weird he originally picked on Turk and me, but didnt feel the need to engage me after I gave a real response. Likely because he doesnt understand it, I guess.

Oh well. Hang in there @John Adams. It's a long offseason.

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure what is going on in @John Adams life that he felt the need to pop in and derail and trash a thread, and attack another poster over something the thread isnt really about. But hope all is well.

Weird he originally picked on Turk and me, but didnt feel the need to engage me after I gave a real response. Likely because he doesnt understand it, I guess.

Oh well. Hang in there @John Adams. It's a long offseason.

I didn't see anything you said to me Dr. 

And as to Turk, I called him out for telling everyone how great he is. That's all. 

He won't share what he does, even his long buys that he says he makes. So I think he's well exposed, but I see the predictable crowd rushing to his defense.   

On 2/22/2022 at 9:53 AM, John Adams said:

Are you trying to set a Twitter record for posts where no one responds? 

Again, record your predictions here. Flex up bro!

On 2/22/2022 at 10:20 AM, Big Turk said:

Pfft. Go run your schtick somewhere else bro.  I'm setting a record for people who listen to me makin dollars...up about 4K today. Probably more than what you make in 3 months at your job flipping burgers.

Got nothing to say other than weak ass sh!t cause I just shut you up with results. Results talk, bullsh!t walks. Start walking.

I respectfully suggest that when folks go 1:1 back and forth more than 2 or 3 times, they either

1) drop it, because usually the rest of the thread doesn't want to read your back-and-forth

2) take it to PM, for the same reason

Thanks

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I put some links up earlier from a bunch of young techie types who feel crypto is a ponzi scheme.

I haven't been back because it's not "a hill I want to die on",  and "crusty old timer" does, in fact, describe me, although it would be problematic to identify in what way I am "deeply threatened" by the idea of bright young people making money, or making more money than I.  Frankly, IME wealth envy is a young person's game, most of the "crusty old farts" I know regard successful young people as a Good Thing vs. young people in need of rehab services and/or debt counseling.

But to describe all those who are sounding an alarm on crypto as "crusty old timers" who are "deeply threatened" is not correct

This guy is not a crusty old timer and he has a lot to say, some of which may be exaggerated but much of which is, as far as I can tell, true.

And there has definitely been fraud involved, which the nature of crypto makes challenging to address

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epxakz/crypto-co-founder-revealed-to-be-infamous-fraudster-investors-shaken?fbclid=IwAR0TzejZTyPbMzBP-Fk_YDlTvdtXU4A-_N8IpYHxYc7fOBS__wk18mZt9Qw

https://thewalrus.ca/bitcoin-widow/

Bit your coins at your own risk

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I put some links up earlier from a bunch of young techie types who feel crypto is a ponzi scheme.

I haven't been back because it's not "a hill I want to die on",  and "crusty old timer" does, in fact, describe me, although it would be problematic to identify in what way I am "deeply threatened" by the idea of bright young people making money, or making more money than I.  Frankly, IME wealth envy is a young person's game, most of the "crusty old farts" I know regard successful young people as a Good Thing vs. young people in need of rehab services and/or debt counseling.

But to describe all those who are sounding an alarm on crypto as "crusty old timers" who are "deeply threatened" is not correct

This guy is not a crusty old timer and he has a lot to say, some of which may be exaggerated but much of which is, as far as I can tell, true.

And there has definitely been fraud involved, which the nature of crypto makes challenging to address

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epxakz/crypto-co-founder-revealed-to-be-infamous-fraudster-investors-shaken?fbclid=IwAR0TzejZTyPbMzBP-Fk_YDlTvdtXU4A-_N8IpYHxYc7fOBS__wk18mZt9Qw

If you felt my post was aimed at you so be it.  Thats your issue to sort out.  

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you felt my post was aimed at you so be it.  Thats your issue to sort out.  

Not at me, personally, No, but "only comedy is coming from the crusty old timers who for whatever reason are deeply threatened by the idea of crypto trading and think any returns above your large cap index and bond fund must be a ponzi scheme" is very inclusive brush, would you not agree?

The point is, many people who think crypto is a ponzi scheme are not "crusty old timers"

Nor are "crusty old timers" generally (IME) threatened by other people's returns above large cap index

Other than these points and the above-mentioned caution to 2 guys to avoid extended 1:1s in public threads, I have no dog in this fight

If you want to make this personal and continue to tell me I have "issues to sort out", that can, of course, change.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not at me, personally, No, but "only comedy is coming from the crusty old timers who for whatever reason are deeply threatened by the idea of crypto trading and think any returns above your large cap index and bond fund must be a ponzi scheme" is very inclusive brush, would you not agree?

The point is, many people who think crypto is a ponzi scheme are not "crusty old timers"

Nor are "crusty old timers" generally (IME) threatened by other people's returns above large cap index

Other than these points and the above-mentioned caution to 2 guys to avoid extended 1:1s in public threads, I have no dog in this fight

If you want to make this personal and continue to tell me I have "issues to sort out", that can, of course, change.

I would not agree.  

There are at least two crusty old timers who are very clearly threatened by the idea of other people making fast returns.  If you aren't threatened by this idea then the logical conclusion is my post isn't directed toward you.  But you felt compelled to respond defensively so....

Like I said, thats for you to sort out.  I had no idea you had posted in this thread other than to issue a warning to Turk and Adams. 

You are confused as to who is making this personal.  Nice threats.

• Eyeroll 1

People are right, and smart, to be weary of Crypto. I go into every new Crypto opportunity assuming it's a scam.

Yes, there are rug pulls. Yes, there is fraud. Yes, there is theft.

But there is also a TON of that, and on a much larger scale, with regular ol cash too. Plenty of manipulation in our stock market. Plenty of fraud and scams with classic financial institutions. The main difference being there is some regulation and policy which protects the little guy. Where as in Crypto, your loss is your loss.

All that said, there is still money to be made, and cool, legit projects to get involved with. And it's cool stuff from a tech and transition perspective as well. The projects I've mentioned (Helium, PlanetWatch, MapMetrics, etc) are taking a whole new approach to starting a business through the use of Crypto as "stock options".

So a lot more to discuss than just "day trading", if anyone is actually up for it.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's funny to see Bitcoin come under such heavy environmental scrutiny.

Any idea how much power is consumed every day by BoA keeping their branches open, lights on, with AC? Let alone their HQ buildings, their customer service Call Centers, and their IT Datacenters? And that's just one bank, in one country. Add in Wells Fargo, M&T, HSBC, BB&T, all the foreign banks, etc, etc, etc and there is way more energy being used and wasted by traditional financial institutions.

Any idea how much gas is used every day driving those big Brinks trucks around?

Any idea how much power is consumed by stock traders and the stock markets every day?

EVERYTHING uses a ton of power. Attacking BTC over it often comes off as naive or agenda-driven, imo. And I'm not even a big fan or holder of BTC.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can say the same thing about anything,  hell America is a ponzi scheme that the rich control.

My buddy messed up minting a coin and still made $6k from it... ***** crazy right now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Big Turk said:

I am a self-taught software engineer, who got a job in the industry with no prior professional experience and no CS degree at the age of 40, doing what virtually every IT recruiter said was impossible.  I don't think I am smart, I AM smart.  Really smart.  Smart enough to know what I don't know and then go learn everything  I can about it from people who have done it for a long time and who are very successful at it. 

The patterns you see as a software engineer in code are the same type of patterns you see in the charts. Somehow, apparently they are not easy for others to see. I can't help that. I am often flabbergasted when others are incredulous in asking how I saw that, because I am equally incredulous in wondering how they didn't. To me it's obvious as if someone was holding up a giant sign in crowd.  To them, there is no such sign, just a sea of people that all look the same.

I obsess over this stuff...I eat, breathe and sleep it. The amount of work I have done in the last year and time and effort I have put into this would be the equivalent of 5-6 years for other people. 

Sorry if you can't accept that, but it's the truth.  I've never lost in my entire life by betting on myself, and I don't intend to start now.  But I can assure you, a lot of other people have lost betting against me, and they will continue to do so.

If you're so smart, why are you wasting so much time feuding with anonymous posters on a football message board ... over how smart you are?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean is crypto a bunch of BS yeah at this point probably, is it possible to make money off of and are people doing that absolutely. It's more of a situation where someone is just going to end up being the one holding the bag of *****. Hell if they play their cards right it might end up being the Government(meaning tax payers) and the general population as a whole like with that recession BS.

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's funny to see Bitcoin come under such heavy environmental scrutiny.

Any idea how much power is consumed every day by BoA keeping their branches open, lights on, with AC? Let alone their HQ buildings, their customer service Call Centers, and their IT Datacenters? And that's just one bank, in one country. Add in Wells Fargo, M&T, HSBC, BB&T, all the foreign banks, etc, etc, etc and there is way more energy being used and wasted by traditional financial institutions.

Any idea how much gas is used every day driving those big Brinks trucks around?

Any idea how much power is consumed by stock traders and the stock markets every day?

EVERYTHING uses a ton of power. Attacking BTC over it often comes off as naive or agenda-driven, imo. And I'm not even a big fan or holder of BTC.

I mean you're not completely wrong but at the same time the idea that we're doing that to make digital tokens is some stupid ass *****.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you're not completely wrong but at the same time the idea that we're doing that to make digital tokens is some stupid ass *****.

Haha, absolutely. But as mentioned above, everything we do is pretty ridiculous. Was man really meant to be working in an office, staring at a computer screen, just to earn some faith-backed money in order to live? Crypto, while new and mysterious and weird, isn't all that much different than what we already have. The dollar is backed by faith, I don't ever receive cash, but rather the digital amount reflected in my online banking portal goes up every 2 weeks per the order of my employer with no real cash exchanging. I then move those numbers to other places to pay my bills.

I'll stop because I'm venturing into "I'm 14 and this is deep" edge-lord territory, and I only really believe a small part of it. But the point is, when you stop and pull back and look at so much of what we perceive to be these "concrete institutions", it's actually all ridiculous and built on a house of cards.