Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 1:32 PM, Greybeard said:

I went to the post office today, and there was a Bitcoin machine next to the stamp machine.  After some thought, I bought $500 in Forever Stamps.  In the end,  I think that will be a far better investment.

wasn’t this the original Ponzi scheme? I think it was ponzi claiming he could buy stamps overseas cheaper and sell them here for a profit or something. 

50 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wasn’t this the original Ponzi scheme? I think it was ponzi claiming he could buy stamps overseas cheaper and sell them here for a profit or something. 

I was unaware of the Ponzi scheme connection to stamps.  The link that Jauronimo posted is a good read.

The one thing Crypto shares with Ponzi, those that got in early mostly made out ok.  Those that got in at or after the peak, not so much. 

In the end the value of anything is what you can get for it.  That applies to Crypto, stocks, housing, classic cars, beany babies, baseball cards, etc.  I forgot, the Greenback.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Greybeard said:

The one thing Crypto shares with Ponzi, those that got in early mostly made out ok.  Those that got in at or after the peak, not so much. 

My first crypto purchase was in October 2020. I have continued to purchase XRP and XLM since that time.

There is still time to buy into those assets and make money from them. But this is not the "buy today, sell next week" kind of trading. It takes some patience to wait for the market to change. When things change, it will be dramatic.

If you believe in Forbes, here is an article on Ripple/XRP.

Forbes article on Ripple (XRP)

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Isn't this fad like mood rocks done?

Crypto a fad? Hardly. It is the future of business.

if you know which coins will be used in the financial systems, you can make a lot of money.

The coins which can’t be regulated (BTC, Eth, etc) are pretty much a fad.

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Crypto a fad? Hardly. It is the future of business.

if you know which coins will be used in the financial systems, you can make a lot of money.

The coins which can’t be regulated (BTC, Eth, etc) are pretty much a fad.

Would you say the future of crypto lies in centralized, regulated, trackable utility tokens?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah, don’t do ponzi schemes, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you have invested in Ethereum, you may want to read these articles.

Ethereum staking ban?

SEC overshadows shanghai hard fork

With the SEC going after Staking, the Ethereum Shanghai Hard Fork Upgrade (due on March 20) might not be good news as originally hoped.

If the Seven Siblings is activated on Ethereum, this major sell off will crash the price badly.

If you want a good alternative to ETH, Stellar Lumens (XLM) would be a wise choice, even though some posters like to give me grief about it.

Why Stellar Lumens?

Stellar Lumens joins CFTC global market advisory committee

• 1 month later...