Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Haha, absolutely. But as mentioned above, everything we do is pretty ridiculous. Was man really meant to be working in an office, staring at a computer screen, just to earn some faith-backed money in order to live? Crypto, while new and mysterious and weird, isn't all that much different than what we already have. The dollar is backed by faith, I don't ever receive cash, but rather the digital amount reflected in my online banking portal goes up every 2 weeks per the order of my employer with no real cash exchanging. I then move those numbers to other places to pay my bills.

I'll stop because I'm venturing into "I'm 14 and this is deep" edge-lord territory, and I only really believe a small part of it. But the point is, when you stop and pull back and look at so much of what we perceive to be these "concrete institutions", it's actually all ridiculous and built on a house of cards.

There is a significant difference though the dollar's value is based in the faith in the economy that gives it value. Bitcoins' value is based in the value people have chosen to put in it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

There is a significant difference though the dollar's value is based in the faith in the economy that gives it value. Bitcoins' value is based in the value people have chosen to put in it.

Sure, that's why I backed off before I started sounding too crazy. But others could/would argue it isnt that significant a difference, just a larger scale and more accepted. I just find the perspective interesting.

It's like when I was a kid and learned of the USFL and it blew my little mind because the NFL seemed like it was a government institution that had been around since the beginning of time and would be around forever, and the game HAD to be played according to their rules. Learning it is just a private entertainment company that makes up its own rules of play and could face competition from other "football companies" was a real eye-opener. Kinda like what crypto is doing for some people in a way.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I never had any Bitcoin at all...some alts I did for a while but it's far more profitable to future trade

You literally told me about this coin last year and how you were going to get rich off it lol   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

lifecoin

Or was he talking about Litecoin? Litecoin with a "T".

I never heard of the LIFE coin. Why would someone invest in LIFE coin?

The only coins which will survive the great shakeout will be those compliant with ISO 20022. That is, XRP, XLM, XDC, ALGO, IOTA, QNT, and a few more.

If you are still invested in Bitcoin/Ethereum, there is still time to repent.

• Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Or was he talking about Litecoin? Litecoin with a "T".

I never heard of the LIFE coin. Why would someone invest in LIFE coin?

The only coins which will survive the great shakeout will be those compliant with ISO 20022. That is, XRP, XLM, XDC, ALGO, IOTA, QNT, and a few more.

If you are still invested in Bitcoin/Ethereum, there is still time to repent.

It's the coin in the link above

• 4 weeks later...