Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

You make a lot of triangles, Ws, and Ms on Twitter. Not interested in being your 450th follower and you filling my feed with posts no one comments on. 

Tell us when you make your LONG buys (when it's going up, right? Am I doing this right? Buy long when it's going up?) right when they happen. Just do it here. You spent two paragraphs telling us how brilliant you are. Just asking for proof. Let's see it. Make a resume right here at OTW. 

And no, one list of trades, who knows how filtered, is not proof. Nor is a spreadsheet with numbers adding up to $19K. (I guess that's supposed to wow me?). 

If you feel the need to brag, bring the proof. Or don't. Your call. 

I would feel 1000000000000x more confident in @Chef Jim managing my money than following your tips, and he can't stand me!

Oh I can stand you.  Is that your motive?  To get me to not be able stand you?  Now that’s weird. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I discuss football on here 99% of the time.  I discuss crypto on twitter 99% of the time.  

Didn't filter anything, it's a direct list of trades from Kucoin futures. I have no interest in managing anyone's money, nor do I care if they want to listen to what I am saying.  Go put your money in bonds and get that safe 1% interest for all I care.  I'm planning to leave my software engineering job by summer and trade futures full time.  Far more profitable and a lot more fun. And I am f***ing phenomenal at it.

If you don't like it, too bad.  I'm not here to please you.  You want the info that's how you get it.  Or don't. No sweat off my back bro, you are the one asking me. This isn't Burger King, you don't get to have it your way.

I hear you are a lawyer, anon.  Probably like the dude from Better Call Saul.

It's so flattering that people are talking about me behind my back! 

Thank you to my anonymous fan club. That's not creepy at all. 

Back to you though, you laid out your D for measurement

A lot of people think it's easy and never put the time or the hard work into learning and honing their craft and just do it Willie Nillie. That's not me. If I go into something I am all in. I learn everything I can about it, I put the time and effort into it and I study it as much as I can. Then I test out what I learn, make mistakes, refine it, go back and test it out, make different mistakes, not the same ones, and continue until I make fewer and fewer mistakes. 

And I am a quick study in pretty much anything I do. I have good instincts with this tho...even from the first time I started I was able to see and identify things pretty quickly and while I made a lot of early mistakes, a lot of what I thought would happen did happen. I didn't have the full understanding of the market makers and the whales manipulate prices in crypto and how to detect it most times like I do now...crypto operates with different rules than the stock market does. But once you know those rules you can make money far more rapidly than with stocks.

You seem to not want to back that up on here. All talk.

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I can stand you.  Is that your motive?  To get me to not be able stand you?  Now that’s weird. 

I'm just trying to keep your heart beating Jimbo. 

Edited by John Adams

23 minutes ago, John Adams said:

It's so flattering that people are talking about me behind my back! 

Thank you to my anonymous fan club. That's not creepy at all. 

Back to you though, you laid out your D for measurement

A lot of people think it's easy and never put the time or the hard work into learning and honing their craft and just do it Willie Nillie. That's not me. If I go into something I am all in. I learn everything I can about it, I put the time and effort into it and I study it as much as I can. Then I test out what I learn, make mistakes, refine it, go back and test it out, make different mistakes, not the same ones, and continue until I make fewer and fewer mistakes. 

And I am a quick study in pretty much anything I do. I have good instincts with this tho...even from the first time I started I was able to see and identify things pretty quickly and while I made a lot of early mistakes, a lot of what I thought would happen did happen. I didn't have the full understanding of the market makers and the whales manipulate prices in crypto and how to detect it most times like I do now...crypto operates with different rules than the stock market does. But once you know those rules you can make money far more rapidly than with stocks.

You seem to not want to back that up on here. All talk.

I'm just trying to keep your heart beating Jimbo. 

All about that action bro. I'll let you do the talking...what lawyers do best...talk around in circles and say nothing of note.

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ask JA.  He dragged me over here.  He’s got a thing for older guys. 🤷🏻‍♂️

As an old guy, I am in full support of old guys. 

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All about that action bro. I'll let you do the talking...what lawyers do best...talk around in circles and say nothing of note.

Oh no, a lawyer insult after a naked internet flex that you refuse to back up here. 

We're done. 

You like it DrDawk! 

5 hours ago, John Adams said:

As an old guy, I am in full support of old guys. 

Oh no, a lawyer insult after a naked internet flex that you refuse to back up here. 

We're done. 

You like it DrDawk! 

You were done before you even started

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You were done before you even started

Please don’t take this personally, because it it not meant that way. I know some very smart people who are sure that they are smarter than you. People with eight figure net worths, and up.  And I’ll bet you think you are smarter than them. I have no idea. That could be. 

If you think it’s easy, I’m afraid you are missing something. You can argue it’s not “easy”, but I’m too good at it to come out on the wrong end. It’s a rigged game. It really is, IMO. I’d hate to see you hurt badly by a game with no rules, but clearly you are already decided. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please don’t take this personally, because it it not meant that way. I know some very smart people who are sure that they are smarter than you. People with eight figure net worths, and up.  And I’ll bet you think you are smarter than them. I have no idea. That could be. 

If you think it’s easy, I’m afraid you are missing something. You can argue it’s not “easy”, but I’m too good at it to come out on the wrong end. It’s a rigged game. It really is, IMO. I’d hate to see you hurt badly by a game with no rules, but clearly you are already decided. 

I get that it's rigged. In fact, I KNOW it's rigged.  But when you understand how the market makers think and how they manipulate price to get people to commit liquidity, then you can play the same game as they are and understand the moves they are setting you up for, then just trade it. Am I always going to be right? Nope.  But I don't need to be.  I am right far more than I am wrong. And using stop losses, when I lose, it's a small amount, and when I win it is a much bigger amount. I see the pattern, I trade the pattern.  People want to make it out to be some mystifying thing but it really isn't.  The answers are in the patterns and when used with the right indicators along with volume, it gives you a pretty good idea of what's going to happen, many times well in advance of it actually happening.  

At the end of the day, the market makers don't care about how much a Bitcoin is worth.  They only care about how to get people to commit liquidity, and then how to take it from them.  When in doubt, always assume price will move towards where the most liquidation points are.

range, 3 hits to the upside, peak formation, 3 hits to the downside and repeat.

Trader's Reality youtube channel and indicators are worth their weight in gold for this purpose.

image.thumb.png.7102fdce40bcc265e96077765c2c0cc9.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I get that it's rigged. In fact, I KNOW it's rigged.  But when you understand how the market makers think and how they manipulate price to get people to commit liquidity, then you can play the same game as they are and understand the moves they are setting you up for, then just trade it. Am I always going to be right? Nope.  But I don't need to be.  I am right far more than I am wrong. And using stop losses, when I lose, it's a small amount, and when I win it is a much bigger amount. 

At the end of the day, the market makers don't care about how much a Bitcoin is worth.  They only care about how to get people to commit liquidity, and then how to take it from themWhen in doubt, always assume price will move towards where the most liquidation points are.

Replace “them” with YOU. Then you have an accurate picture. You are not immune. It’s a scam, IMO, and they can scam even you when they want to.

Sorry, you are a minnow loving life. Don’t get me wrong, I wish you all the best, but I’ve seen this sh!t before in many other fields. I’m not playing that Ponzi game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Replace “them” with YOU. Then you have an accurate picture. You are not immune. It’s a scam, IMO, and they can scam even you when they want to.

Sorry, you are a minnow loving life. Don’t get me wrong, I wish you all the best, but I’ve seen this sh!t before in many other fields. I’m not playing that Ponzi game. 

I'm not immune, but I understand the game they are playing and the rules, which gives me an advantage over 90% of the other people.  My results speak for themself, and they will continue to improve as I hone my system.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not immune, but I understand the game they are playing and the rules, which gives me an advantage over 90% of the other people.  My results speak for themself, and they will continue to improve as I hone my system.

I have a college buddy who sold the family business. Had a boat load of cash. Went to day trading and did well for a while. He’s now in index funds. He learned his lesson. 

No offense but, what concerns me most is how smart you think you are. 

I don’t say this to insult you, but hopefully to create some self awareness.  I doubt it sinks in, sadly. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have a college buddy who sold the family business. Had a boat load of cash. Went to day trading and did well for a while. He’s now in index funds. He learned his lesson. 

No offense but, what concerns me most is how smart you think you are. 

I don’t say this to insult you, but hopefully to create some self awareness.  I doubt it sinks in, sadly. 

I am a self-taught software engineer, who got a job in the industry with no prior professional experience and no CS degree at the age of 40, doing what virtually every IT recruiter said was impossible.  I don't think I am smart, I AM smart.  Really smart.  Smart enough to know what I don't know and then go learn everything  I can about it from people who have done it for a long time and who are very successful at it. 

The patterns you see as a software engineer in code are the same type of patterns you see in the charts. Somehow, apparently they are not easy for others to see. I can't help that. I am often flabbergasted when others are incredulous in asking how I saw that, because I am equally incredulous in wondering how they didn't. To me it's obvious as if someone was holding up a giant sign in crowd.  To them, there is no such sign, just a sea of people that all look the same.

I obsess over this stuff...I eat, breathe and sleep it. The amount of work I have done in the last year and time and effort I have put into this would be the equivalent of 5-6 years for other people. 

Sorry if you can't accept that, but it's the truth.  I've never lost in my entire life by betting on myself, and I don't intend to start now.  But I can assure you, a lot of other people have lost betting against me, and they will continue to do so.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I am a self-taught software engineer, who got a job in the industry with no prior professional experience and no CS degree at the age of 40, doing what virtually every IT recruiter said was impossible.  I don't think I am smart, I AM smart.  Really smart. Smart enough to know what I don't know and then go learn everything  I can about it from people who have done it for a long time and who are very successful at it. 

The patterns you see as a software engineer in code are the same type of patterns you see in the charts.  They are easy for me to see.  Somehow, apparently they are not easy for others to see. I can't help that.  

I obsess over this stuff...I eat, breathe and sleep it. The amount of work I have done in the last year and time and effort I have put into this would be the equivalent of 5-6 years for other people. 

Sorry if you can't accept that, but it's the truth.  I've never lost in my entire life by betting on myself, and I don't intend to start now.  But I can assure you, a lot of other people have lost betting against me.

That does not impress me any more than anything I could read from countless confident (a/k/a cocky) people.

But I do SINCERELY wish you all the best.  I mean that! I really do. 

EDIT: If you think we are betting AGAINST you, I think you are just making stuff up. We don’t care enough to be that invested, I’m guessing.

Your success or failure has nothing to do with my lifestyle. I’m good, thx. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

That does not impress me any more than anything I could read from countless confident (a/k/a cocky) people.

But I do SINCERELY wish you all the best.  I mean that! I really do. 

If I limited myself to only doing or being what others believed I could do or be, I would never have accomplished 90% of what I have in my life so far.  I have every reason to be confident, I get results in every thing that I have ever done. People are afraid to fail, but they don't understand that your greatest successes are born out of learning from those failures.  To me, the biggest fail is never trying to achieve anything in life because you are too scared of not succeeding. I don't allow fear to limit what I believe is possible, nor do I allow it to freeze me into inaction.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

If I limited myself to only doing or being what others believed I could do or be, I would never have accomplished 90% of what I have in my life so far.  I have every reason to be confident, I get results in every thing that I have ever done. People are afraid to fail, but they don't understand that your greatest successes are born out of learning from those failures.  To me, the biggest fail is never trying to achieve anything in life because you are too scared of not succeeding.

Very cool! Love the sentiment!

It doesn’t make crypto your savior is all I’m saying. 

I got to retire in my 50’s. I didn’t have to win the lottery or make money for nothing and cash out at the right time on crypto. 

We like to play it smart. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Very cool! Love the sentiment!

It doesn’t make crypto your savior is all I’m saying. 

I got to retire in my 50’s. I didn’t have to win the lottery or make money for nothing and cash out at the right time on crypto. 

We like to play it smart. 

I'd say you like to play it slow.  I'd prefer to get from point A to point B in the quickest time possible. 

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'd say you like to play it slow.  I'd prefer to get from point A to point B in the quickest time possible. 

I’d say I got to point B early, and you are taking the risky and tainted path that may not get you there. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d say I got to point B early, and you are taking the risky and tainted path that may not get you there. 

Only because you don't understand that it isn't as risky as you think.  Stop losses are your friends.

Only because you don't understand that it isn't as risky as you think.  Stop losses are your friends.

You are competing against the most brilliant minds on the planet. And you expect to win in the long run. I wish you well. 

Bernie Madoff sends regards. 

• Like (+1) 1