Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I still don't really understand BTC or ETH, but thanks to some friends who recommended that I buy the stuff back when it was dirt cheap (2015), I'm basically set for life.

Honestly just curious, what does “set for life” mean to you? 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Honestly just curious, what does “set for life” mean to you? 

low-to-mid seven figures.

11 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Have you sold?

We've been taking profits here and there.  Sold off half just recently during this bubble.  The rest we are going to hold for the long haul.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

low-to-mid seven figures.

We've been taking profits here and there.  Sold off half just recently during this bubble.  The rest we are going to hold for the long haul.

Awesome! Good for you! I’m also glad you took some chips off the table with something so volatile. Being too heavily concentrated is a big gamble, especially with something like bitcoin. 

I was talking yesterday with a buddy about an close friend of his and an acquaintance of mine. The guy started a bank, grew it and sold it at exactly the right time. He got, after taxes, a net payout of $12 million, mostly in stock. He was one of the top 3 shareholders in the new bank, but went about celebrating rather than forcing a seat on the board and keeping an eye on things. Long story short, the new bank failed and he went from $12 Mil to $2 Mil in a heartbeat. Now, $2 million is nothing to sneeze at, but it’s a lot less fun than $12 million! 

Being a “millionaire” is certainly not what it used to be. 

On 5/14/2021 at 5:06 AM, Back2Buff said:

Elon toying with the market is exactly why I don't do anything with crypto.  This needs regulation bad.

Regulation is coming very soon. 

Does your crypto comply with ISO 20022?  If not, you can kiss it goodbye.

There is still time to download the LOBSTR wallet and invest in some Stellar network coins. It's pretty easy. But do it today.

I never thought I could have a million dollars, but now I see it as a real possibility.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, Back2Buff said:

Elon toying with the market is exactly why I don't do anything with crypto.  This needs regulation bad.

4 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Regulation is coming very soon. 

Regulation goes against everything cryptocurrency and the crypto community stand for. The main points of crypto were a decentralized, unregulated, global currency.

The funny part is Elon and his tweets are helping all the crypto-bros speed run a lesson of Financial/Econimic history.

20 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

As long as digital hackers get paid in Crypto I see it being shutdown and abolished.

How's that look? It wont be shut down on a global scale.

So what? We get a law in the US that BTC is illegal to trade? What happens when a company gets hacked and has to pay in BTC?

On 5/17/2021 at 10:02 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

How's that look? It wont be shut down on a global scale.

So what? We get a law in the US that BTC is illegal to trade? What happens when a company gets hacked and has to pay in BTC?

I guess the hackers will have to request a brown paper bag full of unmarked bills, dropped off somewhere, just like in the good old days.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, Fan in San Diego said:

As long as digital hackers get paid in Crypto I see it being shutdown and abolished.

It won't stop hackers... Just make what they do more dangerous. TBH the government likes crypto for one reason... The second you try to move it from your wallet to profit they will catch you. Basically the $5 mil they paid the hackers for the pipeline was already drained from the wallet they were put into by the FBI.

FBI been tracking crypto for at least the last 5 years. They have been catching people who have made money on the dark web with it. It's safe until someone needs to cash out... So it will be useless for hackers. 

They should not have done this to the USA pipeline that has such a huge part of how a third of this country operates daily. They knew they messed up quickly and now the wallets they transferred the crypto to have been drained.

Edited by TBBills