Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, I never pulled the trigger on Bitcoin. Missed a great run this year.  Do you see this Facebook stuff hurting Bitcoin at all @Foxx

it does appear that we are now in a market reversal. does that mean we have left the bear market and are now firmly in a bull, dunno. one thing is certain though, we have roughly gained over 80% of the 2018 low.

kind of an odd phenomenon going on with crypto pairings though. back in '17 and '18 the crytpo pairing usually followed the fiat pairing. meaning that when the fiat price of coins (BTC/ETH/LTC/etc...) rose, so did the fiat value of tokens (PPP/PPT/VERI/etc...). now however, while the fiat value of coins is rising, the crypto coupling of a great amount of tokens seems to have become detached. the crypto pairing is declining as the fiat value of coins rises where the fiat value of tokens is remaining static. somewhat unanticipated.

will Libra hurt the fiat value of Bitcoin, good question. in the video i posted above, Caitlin Long seems to think that there will be short term harm to the price of BTC but that in the long run it is going to benefitBTC. the reasoning she gives is that Libra is going to bring cryptos to the (m)asses. which will initially foster interest in Facebook's foray but ultimately backfire as people begin to understand the mechanics of the blockchain and the various coins.

many different schools of thought obviously but i still am of the opinion (and it would take something seismic to change my opinion) that BTC will always be the daddy of all cryptos, as it currently is. it has the benefit of being the first created cryptocurrency and as such enjoys great benefits that other coins of the same construct do not enjoy. BTC is slow and cumbersome, it is not designed to be an everyday conveyance of value, other coins are better suited to do that. however, because it was the first and because it is deflationary in nature (finite amount), it holds a special place. in it's pure form (no derivatives), it can not be manipulated. it is for that reason that i have been continually pounding the table that it will become an international settlement vehicle (this has already come to fruition to a small degree with at least three nation states having agreed to do this). nation states are going to like that it can not be inflated by the mere wave of the hand to bring more into existence, which would ultimately devalue their holdings like can be done with USD fiat.

this is a very deep subject and i could go on and on but i will leave it at this for now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Anyone with a 401k who is interested in Bitcoin but doesn’t want to sign up on an exchange like coinbase can invest with Greyscale Bitcoin Trust. Symbol is GBTC. You pay a bit of a premium but it simplifies things for anyone who wants to get in on Bitcoin. 

This is turning out to be a good year. Next year should look amazing in the crypto world. 

Facebook’s Calibra should accelerate crypto adoption. Personally I will stay away from Calibra. I will stick with Bitcoin, GBTC and a few other things.

I’m looking forward to seeing this thread having more activity as the crypto space grows.  Very exciting time to be alive. 

Btw crypto market cap just hit $300 Billion today.  So much growth to come.

Edited by Pilsner
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pilsner said:

Anyone with a 401k who is interested in Bitcoin but doesn’t want to sign up on an exchange like coinbase can invest with Greyscale Bitcoin Trust. Symbol is GBTC. You pay a bit of a premium but it simplifies things for anyone who wants to get in on Bitcoin. 

This is turning out to be a good year. Next year should look amazing in the crypto world. 

Facebook’s Calibra should accelerate crypto adoption. Personally I will stay away from Calibra. I will stick with Bitcoin, GBTC and a few other things.

I’m looking forward to seeing this thread having more activity as the crypto space grows.  Very exciting time to be alive. 

Btw crypto market cap just hit $300 Billion today.  So much growth to come.

this thread should be bouncing off the walls today. BTC broke the $10K plateau for the first time since March 8th 2018. BTC has now recovered over 200% of it's low, in this cycle, of $3206 on Dec 14, 2018.

Edited by Foxx

16 hours ago, Foxx said:

want to see a good sign? look at the bottom of this chart and look at the volume being traded daily. it is an order of magnitude higher than the end of '17/beginning of '18, our last ATH.

?

Indeed, that is nice volume. If everyone here plays their crypto cards right we could turn into the wealthiest NFL fan base.

Keep stacking those Satoshis.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Foxx said:

want to see a good sign? look at the bottom of this chart and look at the volume being traded daily. it is an order of magnitude higher than the end of '17/beginning of '18, our last ATH.

?

Volume and some level of predictability remain important to the future of bitcoin. It is interesting to watch a non government sponsored fiat currency. It is the definition of free market. One dies have to question though, is it tulip bulbs all over again?

3 hours ago, Pilsner said:

Indeed, that is nice volume. If everyone here plays their crypto cards right we could turn into the wealthiest NFL fan base.

Keep stacking those Satoshis.

you know what is equally impressive,? with that volume, the mempool is not backlogged like it was back in late '17/early'18. transactions are clearing in a reasonable amount (for BTC anyways) of time.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Volume and some level of predictability remain important to the future of bitcoin. ...

yes and no. right now it, in it's infancy, is going through bubble phases. what we are experiencing now may be the beginning of the fourth/fifth bubble or.... it may be setting itself up for the thrashing of completing the third bubble. if, as i suspect, we are still in the completion phase of the third/fourth bubble, we have two more to go before it ultimately settles into state sponsored levels of stability. each of the next two successive bubble is going to set mind jarring new all time highs before retreating into a correction mode. the correction mode for this next bubble when it crashes will be $20k. i have my opinions of what the ATH's will be but, perhaps for another post. lets just say though that the previous three/four bubbles have each been, respectively, two digit, three digit, four digit and five digit price points before their correction phases. i think you can see where i am going with the progression here.

now, in it's infancy is when generational wealth can be derived. of course whether that is true or not is up to you to do your own diligent research and of course, as always, time will tell the tale. there is an awful lot of money to be made in a volatile market. price direction doesn't much matter if one recognizes patterns and trends. the spread is where the action is at.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

.... It is the definition of free market. One dies have to question though, is it tulip bulbs all over again?

BTC in it's pure form (non derivative) is absolutely the definition of a free market. however, you have all these fractional markets popping up and it does manipulate the price. with that being said, right now, it probably is the freest financial market there is. an important thing to remember here is, if you do not have your crypto in a wallet that you have the private keys to, while you may own it, you do not actually have possession of your property. it is well known that all of the BTC traded on all the exchanges in the world far exceeds the actual amount of BTC in existence. ever hear of Mt. Gox? if not i suggest anyone with an interest, do some reading on it and what occurred. essentially the lesson to be taken from that nasty event is that you should only leave with a custodian what you can afford to lose.

the tulip question has been continually brought up with regard, as well as the dotcom crash. in the early days of Crypto (2010/2015_ it was a valid question/concern. today, not so much. there is pretty much a consensual opinion that cryptocurrency is the future. in a way, that future is already here as the fiat USD is already nothing more than 1's and 0's on the central bank's ledger and has been for a number of years. as each year passes, the move to electronic transactions increases. 

what is holding back GUS (Gov US) and the rest of the world's govs from sanctioning and implementing its state sanctioned crypto? ways to prevent money laundering, terrorist funding and proliferation financing. they must preserve their (ahem) ways before sanctioning them to the (m)asses.

to these ends... it just so happens that as we speak/type many things are happening to address these (ahem) concerns. just yesterday the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) concluded it's third and last plenary meeting under the US presidency (China is the next presidency). to which, they addressed these concerns and came up with a number of recommendations that are expected to go to protecting the integrity of the financial system. you can read the initiatives here: Outcomes FATF Plenary, 16-21 June 2019

prior to this latest from the FATF, the G20 had pledged to align with standards for anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the funding of terrorism (CTF) that was to be finalized at this last meeting. additionally, as per FATF recommendations, KYC rules for exchanges are set to get a lot tougher in the very near days ahead.

of course, these are all trial runs right now. they are setting standards and will await the technology catching up to those standards and have the current guinea pigs test the system out as they have done all along to this point. at some future point, they will assess, make revisions and stress the system for vulnerabilities. it is going to happen, it is a natural evolution if you look at it logically. in the interim, there is a ***** of a lot of fiat to be made.

https://twitter.com/FATFNews/status/1141739509429755907

On 6/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, Foxx said:

you know what is equally impressive,? with that volume, the mempool is not backlogged like it was back in late '17/early'18. transactions are clearing in a reasonable amount (for BTC anyways) of time.

I expect a similar trend to late 2017 with a all time high set in Q4 of 2019 followed by a healthy correction.  The only question is, where to take profits.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Just fired past $13k up $13,300 a minute ago.

there are those who follow the Elliot Wave theory, that say that wave 2 can start @ $13425.00. we have zoomed past that as of now and if the wave theory is correct, we could see $4300 before wave 3 begins. this could take weeks or months but as long as support holds, the theory says that $65K or even my anticipated high of 6 figures is in play.

exciting times.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

there are those who follow the Elliot Wave theory, that say that wave 2 can start @ $13425.00. we have zoomed past that as of now and if the wave theory is correct, we could see $4300 before wave 3 begins. this could take weeks or months but as long as support holds, the theory says that $65K or even my anticipated high of 6 figures is in play.

exciting times.

damn..i have not heard the term elliiot wave in so long..good stuff!!1

• Like (+1) 1