Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in the US,  you simply have to prove that you made $200k for the past two years and that you expect that threshold to continue. if you are married, the threshold is $300k.

I am not an expert but I also believe to be accredited you have to have semi-liquid assists of $1MM+. In addition to a relatively high income level.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I am not an expert but I also believe to be accredited you have to have semi-liquid assists of $1MM+. In addition to a relatively high income level.

Bill, i believe it is an either or scenario. either the one i posted or the one you mention.  also, if it is the one you mention, your primary residence can not factor into that net worth calculation. if you have both, then kudos to you.

:)

Edited by Foxx

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in the US,  you simply have to prove that you made $200k for the past two years and that you expect that threshold to continue. if you are married, the threshold is $300k.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

so I just need to send coinbase a brokerage statement and w-2?

Still kinda pissed bout the 2%...i dunno, that seems high to me for a simple asset allocation. Need to do some more research.

Also be interesting to know what kind of interest they are getting in this, how they are going to buy the underlying assets, the timing of the buys etc. If someone knows how that works, I am all ears!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so I just need to send coinbase a brokerage statement and w-2?

Still kinda pissed bout the 2%...i dunno, that seems high to me for a simple asset allocation. Need to do some more research.

Also be interesting to know what kind of interest they are getting in this, how they are going to buy the underlying assets, the timing of the buys etc. If someone knows how that works, I am all ears!!!!!

i'm sure each company has different means of verification. sign up and see what they are asking for for verification purposes. if you are comfortable with that, then by all means verify your self.

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm sure each company has different means of verification. sign up and see what they are asking for for verification purposes. if you are comfortable with that, then by all means verify your self.

That is the question no..that why I was somewhat facetiously saying  "ALL I HAVE to DO" is send them highly confidential information ..yikes!!!!

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That is the question no..that why I was somewhat facetiously saying  "ALL I HAVE to DO" is send them highly confidential information ..yikes!!!!

if they are registered (and it would appear they are), you should have no worries. as long as they don't ask what you had for dinner last night, that is. coinbase has a long history (in the crypto world that is (where 1 year is an eon)) and they have some pretty heavy weights in the background. 

i do find it interesting that they are offering this now. the four assets they offer are not considered securities. their fund will be, but the virtual currencies they offer aren't. just somewhat interesting to me as i follow the securities issue pretty closely being an investor in multiple cryptos.  

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

as long as they are registered, you should have no worries. as long as they don't ask what you had for dinner last night, that is.

i do find it interesting that they are offering this now. the four assets they offer are not considered securities. their fund will be, but the virtual currencies they offer aren't. just somewhat interesting to me as i follow the securities issue pretty closely being an investor in multiple cryptos.  

if it totally craters i just can just picture the route of flow based on lesser situations

it will trace through Israel and China at least a dozen times

we are now at the stage where it's impossible to trace the steps, experts far more savvy and teched-up than my firm have simply had to give up and say the tracing was simply impossible to map out, and I accept that answer...

Edited by row_33

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

if it totally craters i just can just picture the route of flow based on lesser situations

it will trace through Israel and China at least a dozen times

we are now at the stage where it's impossible to trace the steps, experts far more savvy and teched-up than my firm have simply had to give up and say the tracing was simply impossible to map out, and I accept that answer...

row,

too many signs pointing to it being too big to fail at this point. could it, sure but it is just highly unlikely. one needs to look at the overall picture and see what is going on. the government is selling confiscated BTC. investment banks are starting/buying/establishing crypto ventures left and right, they see what is happening and they usually are not too late to a game. you have more and more merchants accepting cryptos everyday with more ways for said merchants to be able to accept cryptos as payments with equal velocity. the community behind cryptos is massive and expanding. the blockchain, the real brillance in all of this is going to change your world for the better. major companies are exploring ways to implemet it as it just works better than centralized trust systems (we won't get into what centralized trust systems breed). if these major coporations are looking into how it can help their businesses, you can bet your ass they are looking at the money aspect as well. how much would they stand to profit by going direct to the consumer.  i even see where muncipalities are considering blockchain for everything and anything.  the implications are simply astounding here.

do you need to wait for Wal-Mart and Amazon to accept cryptos to be convinced? when that point comes, it is essentially game over. Joe and Betty Six-pack will begin piling in and it will be mainstream.

believe me, myself and many within the cryptoverse are having their metal forged by fire atm. since the market highs of late January, i have seen my portfolio plummet a good 70%. i have a strong belief that this is merely a consolidation phase before the coming moonshot later this year. i and many i know are somewhat of a different animal though as i/we got in years ago so i really do not have that much skin in the game. i have a good amount in but.. as i say i was fortunate to have learned of it years ago when i got in for $5 a BTC. having given away most of what i acquired back then, to help raise awareness for a community i run, i have no regrets. Universe rewards. to that end I can't give away $5 BTC any longer so I try to raise awareness anyway i can, this thread being one of them. another is a tag line i have become fond of using... when cashing out at the store, my parting words are, "buy some Bitcoin today". of which, serves a few objectives. i have had a good number of conversations start by simply using that tagline.

again, you do or don't do whatever your intuition guides you to do. i just urge one to remove any biases they may have (as best they can) and to look at it objectively and then draw your conclusions. i honestly believe that if you look at all sides, you can't help but come to a conclusion that cryptos are the wave of the future.

YMMV

6 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Wonder if there are some place you can bet against that? Of course there is no place I'd trust to have my bet money in 10 years and still be around.

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

believe me, myself and many within the cryptoverse are having their metal forged by fire atm. since the market highs of late January, i have seen my portfolio plummet a good 70%. i have a strong belief that this is merely a consolidation phase before the coming moonshot later this year. i and many i know are somewhat of a different animal though as i/we got in years ago so i really do not have that much skin in the game. i have a good amount in but.. as i say i was fortunate to have learned of it years ago when i got in for $5 a BTC. having given away most of what i acquired back then, to help raise awareness for a community i run, i have no regrets. Universe rewards. to that end I can't give away $5 BTC any longer so I try to raise awareness anyway i can, this thread being one of them. another is a tag line i have become fond of using... when cashing out at the store, my parting words are, "buy some Bitcoin today". of which, serves a few objectives. i have had a good number of conversations start by simply using that tagline.

I am interested in your thoughts about why you think a moonshot in Bitcoin is coming later this year?

I think the only moonshot opportunity for Bitcoin is runaway inflation in a major country.    And I think if that happens, it won't be in 2018.    What catalyst are you waiting for that you think is going to cause it to moonshot?

Personally, I think the likelihood is higher that the US government crushes the price of Bitcoin sometime in the next year through new legislation deterring the use of it as an investment and/or store of value.    I suspect that might represent the new "low" in price before any moonshot occurs.   And if that happens, then perhaps the moonshot in Bitcoin never occurs and the moonshot ends up occurring in the more untraceable cryptos like Monero - if and when inflation gets way out of control.

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

I am interested in your thoughts about why you think a moonshot in Bitcoin is coming later this year?

I think the only moonshot opportunity for Bitcoin is runaway inflation in a major country.    And I think if that happens, it won't be in 2018.    What catalyst are you waiting for that you think is going to cause it to moonshot?

Personally, I think the likelihood is higher that the US government crushes the price of Bitcoin sometime in the next year through new legislation deterring the use of it as an investment and/or store of value.    I suspect that might represent the new "low" in price before any moonshot occurs.   And if that happens, then perhaps the moonshot in Bitcoin never occurs and the moonshot ends up occurring in the more untraceable cryptos like Monero - if and when inflation gets way out of control.

well, it appears of late that many tokens/coins in the cryptoverse parallel BTC and it's movements/valuation. i don't know that any of them shake free of the current morass until there is a decisive movement one way or the other for BTC.

there are several thoughts as to why BTC will moon. the first and foremost is the adoption rate, it has been exponential since it's inception. it simply represents an evolution of money. of which i might add, was not possible until the blochchain arrived. history is rife with the corruption of centralized trust organizations, evil only lurks in shadows where it can hide. the blockchain offers an ability to shine light into those darkened hallways and give the people a trustless control of their options.

i agree that a dollar crisis would be an extemporaneous event that would percipitate a mooning for BTC. certainly the global reserve suffering hyperinflation would be an impetus for the exodus into something else. i don't know that that would be the only dollar crisis that could spark that fire though. i think it is on the 26th of March that China is set to launch their yuan dominated oil futures contract. this will set out to directly challenge the petrodollar, which is no small thing. being China is by far the largest importor of oil, they will be able to put pressure on oil exporting countries to accept the petroyuan. this could be a precursor to hyperinflation of the dollar or it may be nothing, time will tell. certainly, the dollar has been under attack since the global crisis of 2008.

let's also not forget that the cryptoverse is a global village, it is significantly larger than the borders of the US. one of the things that sparked the meteoric rise of all things crypto in '17 was the buying spree of the Chinese populace. they have since cracked down on cryptos as they want regulation put in place to protect their populace but it is anticipated,  by their own words, that they are going to come out with positive regulation at some point. if and when that happens that alone will be enough to light the fire under the markets again. what about Japan, they have recognized BTC and several cryptocurrencies as legal tender. Japan has always been at the forefront of movements. would another country recognizing BTC as a legal means of conveyance be another brick in the wall? is Venezuela at the forefront as well?

what about war, wouldn't that create the circumstances under which a mass movement happens? maybe a major scandal that exposes corruption at the highest levels of government would do it. many many scenarios i can forsee which would be the beginning. of course my views and rantings are considered by most to be those of a madman or conspiracy theorist so you know, take them for what they are worth, again, time will tell. most of all, it is incumbant upon oneself to do their own due dilligence.

Edited by Foxx

• 3 weeks later...

you know, I have not yet bought Bitcoin, and I really was waiting and hoping to buy the Coinbase Index fund...but I have requested info on it twice and have received NADA from Coinbase. I guess I should be happy as prices as declined, but I would think we are getting to a low. No reason for that statement other than a gut feel, buy i have a rather prodigious gut!