Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

On 2018-01-11 at 2:56 PM, Foxx said:

c'mon row. i know your anti Bitcoin all, but i'm also quite sure that the reason why Kodak's stock rose wasn't completely lost on you.

congratulations.

:)

Not anti- bitcoin, just not goose stepping and screaming at anyone who doesn’t see it as the greatest thing ever.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Foxx said:

in no way can any of my musings be considered financial advice. i am just some keyboard jockey that you don't know from adam. anything i may or may not say is strictly gibberish. please, no more private messages asking for advice as i will no longer answer them. not that i ever did give any advice to begin with.

with that being said, i was asked what i saw for the coming year for Bitcoin. as i explained in my last progostication post, i expect BTC to continue to dither in this $13/$14k range until sometime around the middle of February. shaking out the weak hands and consolidating. at some point in February there will be a lift off from which BTC will not look back. there will be approximately two more consolidation phases this coming year with wild price swings in these areas. 

easily, we see 6 figures by the end of the year.

again... these are just the ravings of a madman..... 

Six figs for BTC by year end seems a little nuts to me.  I see the entire crypto space increasing in size from ~$700 billion to $2 trillion this year.  At current levels of BTC dominance, this implies a value of ~$40,000.  $30k ~$40k seems reasonable IF the entire space attracts $1.3 trillion AND BTC maintains its current levels of dominance. 

What are your estimates for total crypto market cap and BTC's share of the space in predicting BTC > $100k??

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bubble bubble boil and trouble

look at you BURST magnificently

Correction for sure.  This is at least the 5th time the bubble has burst.  I wouldn't start writing the epitaph for crypto just yet.

Never to late to jump in the game and fill your bags.  I know you're tempted.

i'm liking this concept of 7 transactions per minute only, and a hierarchy queue of getting your transaction completed based on a sliding scale of transaction fee.

this is turning into quite the quagmire, wait until there's an attempted run on it...

was reading about one fraudulent theft and it was shrugged off with "oh that was a computer bug..."  oh, okay, i guess that makes it alright

52 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Correction for sure.  This is at least the 5th time the bubble has burst.  I wouldn't start writing the epitaph for crypto just yet.

Never to late to jump in the game and fill your bags.  I know you're tempted.

Put everything in..... All of it....

while I do think crypto will eventually become a very broadly accepted category of investment it still feels like the Wild West to me.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

while I do think crypto will eventually become a very broadly accepted category of investment it still feels like the Wild West to me.  

It is the Wild West. Fraught with danger and much opportunity.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

wild west all over again, no doubt. there are things coming that will make the transation for the masses much smoother.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i'm liking this concept of 7 transactions per minute only, and a hierarchy queue of getting your transaction completed based on a sliding scale of transaction fee.

this is turning into quite the quagmire, wait until there's an attempted run on it...

was reading about one fraudulent theft and it was shrugged off with "oh that was a computer bug..."  oh, okay, i guess that makes it alright

does an international settlement vehicle need transaction speeds that are lightening fast and cheap?

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Isn't that the use case for Ripple?

they may want to believe that.

i don't think however that nation states will accept an inflationary medium any longer. the repudiation of the USD is beginning in earnest. 

the view from outside the western centric view is quite different than what your feeds might like you to believe.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

they may want to believe that.

i don't think however that nation states will accept an inflationary medium any longer. the repudiation of the USD is beginning in earnest. 

the view from outside the western centric view is quite different than what your feeds might like you to believe.

Yes, it is the use case for Ripple, which was the joke since XRP is garbage.

As for the rest of your post, not sure where you're going with that and what "feeds" you're referring to. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

As for the rest of your post, not sure where you're going with that and what "feeds" you're referring to. 

What? You never saw Star Wars? 

Why, Jobba the Pizza Hut fed on everything... even Eddie Fisher’s girl. 

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

it wasn't meant in a derogatory manner towards you, per se. more the masses and how they swallow everything that is fed to them, hook, line and sinker.

i understand some in this thread are of the more awakened variety.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Terminal short.  You should ride it all the way down to the good life.  Let us know when you've got skin in the game.

I haven’t seen anyone post details of their contemporaneous purchase or sale. Lots of claims about past moves only. 

So he is as credible as anyone. Internet board money can buy anything.