Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

50 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

BCH has arrived to much fanfare.  Massive price volatility, rampant allegations of insider trading, trading freezes, cats and dogs living together, and mass hysteria.  One thing is certain; if/when XRP makes it Coinbase, I'm going to be near a computer. 

BTC true believers are crapping themselves.  What is with the BTC crowd anyway?  Generally speaking, the BTC crowd discusses the rest of the cryptosphere the way my parents discuss BTC.  Nothing but pure derision and cries of scams.  Maybe its just the loud minority of maximalists on twitter?

Bitcoin Core is scared to death Bitcoin Cash is going to replace it.  with the slow transaction times and enormous transaction fees compared to Cash's fast transaction times and low costs, they should be very afraid.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Bitcoin Core is scared to death Bitcoin Cash is going to replace it.  with the slow transaction times and enormous transaction fees compared to Cash's fast transaction times and low costs, they should be very afraid.

I guess they aren't so confident that Lightning Network will be the cure all. 

Seems like first platform to solve the scaling issue will be in a great position.  I hope ETH and Sharting is the winner of the scaling war because I refuse to call it Sharding. 

Edited by Jauronimo

Is there only so much Bitcoin to be mined? Finite resource.  Do we just run out?

How is that like say gold?  Of course we don't know how much gold is on earth.  We know it is rare, but we keep on squeezing it out of harder, and harder to reach places?  Use modern ways to separate it from its ore.

I was reading somewhere that more gold has been mined in the last 50 years than all the gold mined during human existence.  But still if you totalled up all the gold mined in human existence, it would fill almost two Olympic swimming pools.  I never verified, but that doesn't sound like a lot.

Is Bitcoin like that?  I think mead can squeeze a Meadcoin out his arse at will.  Ain't that special when given to only the special people.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is there only so much Bitcoin to be mined? Finite resource.  Do we just run out?

How is that like say gold?  Of course we don't know how much gold is on earth.  We know it is rare, but we keep on squeezing it out of harder, and harder to reach places?  Use modern ways to separate it from its ore.

I was reading somewhere that more gold has been mined in the last 50 years than all the gold mined during human existence.  But still if you totalled up all the gold mined in human existence, it would fill almost two Olympic swimming pools.  I never verified, but that doesn't sound like a lot.

Is Bitcoin like that?  I think mead can squeeze a Meadcoin out his arse at will.  Ain't that special when given to only the special people.

that is the thing about Bitcoin, there is only a finite amount (21 million) so it is deflationary. you can't have an entity like the FED come along and decide they want to print more FRNs whcih thereby makes the FRNs already in existence worth less (inflationary). it is also divisable to 8 decimals, which are known as 'Satoshi'.

EtherDelta is currently experiencing a hack. hackers have stolen roughly $375k at this posting. you can view the ongoing heist at this scanner.

Edited by Foxx

3 minutes ago, mead107 said:

MeadCoin stayed the same.  

Can a simple lock operator invest in MeadCoin?  Can I purchase milk, formula, Pampers, and from now on condoms too with MeadCoin?  Is it like Visa: "Everywhere."

(Yes... BTW, lock ops do get their freak on... How much more phallic can it get than shoving something through a narrow canal...)

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Yup, buy a hundred thousand worth. Then all you have to do is go on line to meadazon and order what you need and we will have a drone drop it of.  

I am looking for a low tax state to put my headquarters.  

Illnois is out of the question.  But you can use the cheap waterways if you set up in Indiana.

I will give your drone boats priority... But only after the hot chicks on speed boats! <_<

Wait... That would be breaking some fed law.  Look on the bright side, kids will be in college before the Pampers arrive, can use them as Depends.

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Illnois is out of the question.  But you can use the cheap waterways if you set up in Indiana.

I will give your drone boats priority... But only after the hot chicks on speed boats! <_<

Wait... That would be breaking some fed law.  Look on the bright side, kids will be in college before the Pampers arrive, can use them as Depends.

Meadazon has to be faster than that big Amason out fit.  

17 hours ago, Foxx said:

so you are now recommending against BTC? interesting. you were the biggest advocate on here.