Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Foxx, he was already born into a lot of $$$ and has a personality that shuts out human interaction and geeks out totally, so he was always going to find some fulfillment in his work, not sure if "happy" is part of his existence though.

my best to your friend, Row.

:beer:

49 minutes ago, Foxx said:

a lot is a matter of perspective. i am involved with a group of people from all around the world of which one of our main focuses is the blockchain and the cryptoverse. 

Let Me Google That for You

So you based your statement that "i know alot of people that are getting paid in bitcoin for their labor"  on a group of people you know whose "main focuses is the blockchain and the cryptoverse."

Very, very, very few people get paid in bitcoin because, you know, almost no one takes it as a form of payment and almost no one uses it to pay their bills, especially their business-related bills. 

I know a lot about alternative currencies. Let's not kid ourselves that they have caught on, or that they might have some serious growing pains (or terminations) in the future. It's a seriously speculative investment and shouldn't be presented as anything other than that. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

So you based your statement that "i know alot of people that are getting paid in bitcoin for their labor"  on a group of people you know whose "main focuses is the blockchain and the cryptoverse."

Very, very, very few people get paid in bitcoin because, you know, almost no one takes it as a form of payment and almost no one uses it to pay their bills, especially their business-related bills. 

I know a lot about alternative currencies. Let's not kid ourselves that they have caught on, or that they might have some serious growing pains (or terminations) in the future. It's a seriously speculative investment and shouldn't be presented as anything other than that. 

might i suggest that you do not know as much as you think you do. remember, a lot is a perspective issue.

here is a little, 'perspective' for you...

BITCOIN Accepted Here

Amazon Subsidiary Registers Cryptocurrency and Ethereum Domains

this is going to be an absolutely big year for the cryptoverse.

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

lol. well if the .com is nothing like it. the tulip mania is even further removed.

i can't tell you what to do when it comes to Bitcoin, you have to figure that out for yourself. i guess the only question that really matters is, can you afford not to get involved?

today is very likely '$10,000 Bitcoin Day'. remember that. 

ETA: today is, '$10,000 Bitcoin Day'. it hit early this morning.

OK.  

Anyway, I invest in what I have spent time to learn and understand.  I am by no means an expert but have done well at what I opt to focus on.  The biggest lesson for me is that no matter what you invest in, take the emotion out of it, set your rules and follow them.  Generally when I’ve done this I’ve made money.  Always, when I have not done this I’ve come up on the short side.

Sounds like you’ve spent time understanding the Bitcoin world.  Hope it goes well for you.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

OK.  

Anyway, I invest in what I have spent time to learn and understand.  I am by no means an expert but have done well at what I opt to focus on.  The biggest lesson for me is that no matter what you invest in, take the emotion out of it, set your rules and follow them.  Generally when I’ve done this I’ve made money.  Always, when I have not done this I’ve come up on the short side.

Sounds like you’ve spent time understanding the Bitcoin world.  Hope it goes well for you.

cheers man, it's all good. and thank you for your kind words.

you have the proper perspective. i would only urge you to look a little deeper into the cryptoverse.

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Flashcrash today.  BTC has fluctuated from north of 11,000 to sub 9,000 in a matter of minutes.  Good thing exchanges crashed too so I couldn't do anything with this situation.

buying opportunity

:D

Edited by Foxx

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It would've been a nice opportunity for many.  Just not those who use coinbase.

That is too GD funny!Been trying for an hour!

But scary for many, especially if they wanted to sell at $11,000, not to funny then i guess.

Read yesterday be able to buy options and futures on this pretty shortly, and that is really the way I want to go on this.

Anybody trade futures on BITMEX?

Edited by plenzmd1

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It would've been a nice opportunity for many.  Just not those who use coinbase.

with Coinbase, you can link your credit card and get a near instantaneous deposit. yes it costs you 3.9% but it can pay for itself. on the otherhand, it has paid off to wait for the ACH to clear as well but more often than not, I find that when I want to add fiat to the game, it pays dividends to get it in as soon as i can. 

Edited by Foxx

Here's how I know Bitcoin isn't for me:

One of my absolutely computer-illiterate customers called me today and asked me if I was into bitcoin. I told her no and told her why not (mainly the future of quantum computation rendering it valueless). She told me I need to put 10k into it.

I just laughed and hung up the phone.

If THAT woman is involved, and she can't even manage her email client or CRM software, then it's clearly a hype machine.

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

That is too GD funny!Been trying for an hour!

I had a different descriptor.  Infuriating. 

I was furiously clicking buy and the thing crashed and locked me out until the price point I wanted had long since passed.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

with Coinbase, you can link your credit card and get a near instantaneous deposit. yes it costs you 3.9% but it can pay for itself. on the otherhand, it has paid off to wait for the ACH to clear as well but more often than not, I find that when I want to add fiat to the game, it pays dividends to get it in as soon as i can. 

Doesn't do you any good if you can't login.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I had a different descriptor.  Infuriating. 

I was furiously clicking buy and the thing crashed and locked me out until the price point I wanted had long since passed.

Doesn't do you any good if you can't login.

yeah, they are ill equiped for the oncoming rush.

it was a couple weeks ago maybe(?) they had 100k sign up in one day!

I have no clue what quantam computation is, and I do believe there may an opportunity short term to sell the top, but in the research, I have done in the last few days I cannot see crypto going away. Every major exchange will be listing bitcoin futures in the very near future is a very good sign it aint going away. 

Trying to figure out the proper valuation and such is the tricky part

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Here's how I know Bitcoin isn't for me:

One of my absolutely computer-illiterate customers called me today and asked me if I was into bitcoin. I told her no and told her why not (mainly the future of quantum computation rendering it valueless). She told me I need to put 10k into it.

I just laughed and hung up the phone.

If THAT woman is involved, and she can't even manage her email client or CRM software, then it's clearly a hype machine.

It's time to get out of the "insider" investment when the taxi drivers and homeless and other types are telling you about how great it is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have no clue what quantam computation is, and I do believe there may an opportunity short term to sell the top, but in the research, I have done in the last few days I cannot see crypto going away. Every major exchange will be listing bitcoin futures in the very near future is a very good sign it aint going away. 

Trying to figure out the proper valuation and such is the tricky part

Do some looking into QC. When a computer can solve ANY crypto problem pretty much instantly, there's a real problem.

And I'm one who thinks it's not more than 10 years off.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

It's time to get out of the "insider" investment when the taxi drivers and homeless and other types are telling you about how great it is.

This guy gets it.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Do some looking into QC. When a computer can solve ANY crypto problem pretty much instantly, there's a real problem.

And I'm one who thinks it's not more than 10 years off.

lol. 10 years in computer science is an eternity. there are going to be so many changes in 10 years you won't recognize any of it.